Vietnam veterans were stereotyped and demonized to such a great extent that even the widows of deceased servicemen received late-night harassing phone calls....

Views: 95

Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Dave Kunze on June 10, 2014 at 12:16am

It Has Always Been the Soldier

It is the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press; 

It is the Solder, not the poet who has given us the freedom of speech; 

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer who has given us freedom to demonstrate 

It is the Soldier-- Who salutes the flag; Who serves beneath the flag; and whose coffin is draped by the flag, 

Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

Comment by Dave Kunze on June 9, 2014 at 11:57pm

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
Edward R. Murrow

Comment by Stephen Jashub Comstock on May 2, 2014 at 8:35am

Still, I won't complain. These guys got treated way worse than we do

Comment by Kurt on May 2, 2014 at 12:07am

This kills me. thank God we've come a long way. Now the gov't just wants to get rid of all my hard earned benefits. So glad i put my life on the line to get spit on.

Latest Activity

Regular Joe replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"But the issue being discussed here isn't whether or not sexual violence does or does not happen on campuses. The issue being discussed here is a specific case wherein a male student's freedoms and liberties have been taken away from him…"
1 minute ago
Rick Shelton replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"One fucking student is a start, just as the first Jew incarcerated for simply being a Jew was a start; just as the first girl kidnapped by Boku Haram was a start; just as the first aid worker kidnapped by terrorists and then beheaded was a start.…"
6 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to BesView 422's discussion Curt Schilling and his daughter Gabby
"A couple people have already been punished, thankfully."
6 minutes ago
Will replied to whiskyjack's discussion Did anyone else get a "group email" from Gnostic Bishop? in the group Christian Men
"Rom 8:29-30 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called ... John 10:10 I am come that they might…"
7 minutes ago
Shane replied to whiskyjack's discussion Did anyone else get a "group email" from Gnostic Bishop? in the group Christian Men
"The Gita has tinges of it."
10 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to whiskyjack's discussion Did anyone else get a "group email" from Gnostic Bishop? in the group Christian Men
""God does not temp or test with evil" The very existence of evil is a qualifier.  If one believes in free will then one has to have unbounded choices to make to exercise that free will, which includes being evil.  In order for a…"
12 minutes ago
Jeremy Lende updated their profile
15 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"Ahhh, I get it. This is a hyperemotional thread over something that might happen, fuck my reality and statistics"
20 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service