Vietnam veterans were stereotyped and demonized to such a great extent that even the widows of deceased servicemen received late-night harassing phone calls....

Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Dave Kunze on June 10, 2014 at 12:16am

It Has Always Been the Soldier

It is the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press; 

It is the Solder, not the poet who has given us the freedom of speech; 

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer who has given us freedom to demonstrate 

It is the Soldier-- Who salutes the flag; Who serves beneath the flag; and whose coffin is draped by the flag, 

Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

Comment by Dave Kunze on June 9, 2014 at 11:57pm

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
Edward R. Murrow

Comment by Stephen Jashub Comstock on May 2, 2014 at 8:35am

Still, I won't complain. These guys got treated way worse than we do

Comment by Kurt on May 2, 2014 at 12:07am

This kills me. thank God we've come a long way. Now the gov't just wants to get rid of all my hard earned benefits. So glad i put my life on the line to get spit on.

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Not in the current way in which history is taught, no. Not as a disjointed collection of facts presented without context or relevance. But, this is the definition of myth. The grand telling of our origins. The beginnings. Our genesis. It tells us…"
5 minutes ago
Will replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"I read a novel that made that point.  The hero was Afghani.  We saw that even if you're from the far side of the world, speak a different language, and have a different religion, you still think and live like a white…"
7 minutes ago
Dann Anthony replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"True - but we're the only species that questions our "othering," questions its validity, its fairness, its value to our survival."
8 minutes ago
Todd Heavner replied to John P's discussion Food Recipe Blogs?
"Rachael Ray has a series of easy recipes for guys.  Just be sure to keep your mind on the food and not her boobs. Seriously though, learn some simple basics that go a long way like, roast chicken, pasta sauce, and omelets."
24 minutes ago
Sean O' replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
""Othering" takes place in every species. History class will not change thousands of years of evolution."
49 minutes ago
Sean O' replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Unfortunately, this is probably the best answer....at least from a "big picture" national or human aspect. I would hope that we do on a more personal "I probably shouldn't do that again" kind of way."
52 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Yep. Raises the overall IQ of the group. Probably makes the room smell better as well."
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"I'm fine with you not being one of us."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service