Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by John White on April 6, 2014 at 6:19pm

Lucy, I wasn't talking to you. Oh and i see you're a Creationist. I always knew you were off kilter.

Comment by Michael J. K. on April 6, 2014 at 7:15am

wow looks like things were stirred up here

I am a unitarian universalists I hope that is okay

Comment by John White on April 5, 2014 at 2:14pm

Will, I tried that and got attacked for voicing my belief. This is a better spot for it.

Comment by Will on March 17, 2014 at 8:01am

Well, this isn't the main forum (or any forum at all), but still... we have a perfectly serviceable thread on this very topic on TGD.  It'd be great if this went there.  It'd be even better if it went to /dev/null, but...

Comment by Steve Dallas on March 17, 2014 at 7:45am

Damn Garrett, no wonder you think the bible is perfect while misunderstanding evolution so much. Your reading skills suck. I made fun of preachers and magicians, I didn't say a damn thing about your religion or any specific religion at that.  I "fought" you with a lame joke on two professions that manipulate people with misdirection.

Comment by Liam Strain on March 16, 2014 at 10:30pm

Umm.. wow. Garrett - please take the defense of YE creationism to the Great Debate. As it is, you're just rambling, and this is not the appropriate place for it. You've already made your feelings about the video known. Further debate happens elsewhere.

Comment by Michael B. on March 14, 2014 at 12:19am

Yes - when somebody has a conflict of interest with any situation, their opinion is and always will be suspect.

Secondly, let me slow it down for you thusly; there is NO difference between micro and macro evolution given a long enough scale of time. This is what I was explaining.

Reproductive isolation of a population over time allows enough genetic shift to create a different species.

The examples of big cat hybrids largely just illustrates how narrow that divide is. It's not a statement of two species mating and producing a third. It's about two species that are so narrowly divided genetically, that they can produce offspring; albeit sterile offspring.

The advances in DNA technology over the past hundred years only SUPPORTS evolution - and furthermore has lead to corrections in taxonomy that were previously made purely on observational data.

Though, were you not choosing to be willfully ignorant of the world around you because it is a threat to your worldview... you would know all this.

I actually suspect that you DO know that, but hope that those you discourse with do not, so that you can derail the conversation with such asinine threads as the micro/macro evolution dribble.

Comment by Steve Dallas on March 12, 2014 at 10:26am

Preacher - manipulate the truth with misdirection, slight of hand, and so forth to have the audience believe that the impossible is happening.

Magician - Wears a top hat

Comment by Michael B. on March 12, 2014 at 2:00am

Posting a Preacher's comment as evidence against evolution? Genius! It's not like he's financially invested in people throwing money his way if they'd rather believe in fairies and unicorns!

Though, you can't expect much more from people who don't understand even micro-evolution to the degree that they make asinine statements like "But, but, but MACRO evolution...."

Uh, macro evolution is summed up as thus; enough genetic variation occurring for development of a different species; defined as two organisms that cannot produce viable, reproductive offspring.

Think lines that can produce sterile hybrids; wholphins, tigons, and ligers, oh my!

Comment by Steve Dallas on March 11, 2014 at 9:35pm

I used to ride dinosaurs to school

Latest Activity

Art commented on Rusty Rogers's photo
Thumbnail

Christmas Tux1

"You make that tux look terrific"
7 minutes ago
John Muir replied to John Muir's discussion Oil in the group The Great Debate
"Plenty of economists from the Market Monetarists to hard-corps Kensians have dismissed the factuality of Laffer Curve. It's to me more of the name for a chart, rather than a chart that tells a story. The underpinnings of Laffer's assertion…"
16 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Pale Horse's discussion "You Maniacs!" in the group The Great Debate
"I think the gap between people's perception of violence and death and people's real experience with it is widening. It's so rare for a person to see another person die, or to see a dead body that hasn't been "made up"…"
42 minutes ago
Jay D replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Sony pulls The Interview Christmas Release in the group The Great Debate
""Without resorting to such tortures as were used by the CIA, we have means to prove that this incident has nothing to do with us.” golden"
49 minutes ago
David updated their profile
1 hour ago
Sean O' replied to Jim's discussion Any books on tribalism?
"Disregard. I should have looked up the book before responding. I have no idea about this tribalism. I am only familiar with how tribalism (dealing with tribal groups rather than conventional community groups)as it has grabbed the attention of the…"
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to Pale Horse's discussion "You Maniacs!" in the group The Great Debate
"We are animals. A few thousand years civilization dont wipe out all those instincts encoded in our genes."
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Sony pulls The Interview Christmas Release in the group The Great Debate
"Sonys ignorance of IT Security is leading to a international incident as the US seeks out Chinas help to fight North Koreas cyperattacks. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/20/us-china-north-korea-cyberattacks-sony-pictures-hack "
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service