Was Jesus admitting to being a sinner by getting baptized? http://j.mp/1cpvemJ

Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Pale Horse on January 2, 2014 at 6:40pm

Good question.  Baptism is just a statement, showing that you are a follower of Christ.  Jesus did it himself to set the precedent.  It states repeatedly in the Bible that Jesus was completely without sin.  By being human he demonstrated that while you can't help being tempted, you can help giving in to the temptation.  "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." -James 4:7B

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to Fabricante's discussion StandDesk Setup
"I found that as a right hander, who uses a lot of written/printed materials, you may want to off set the monitor, keyboard, and mouse pad to the left.  I found doing that doesn't crowd your reference materials or writing space.  (Or…"
6 minutes ago
Tom replied to Ian M's discussion Girlfriend was flirting with one my friends - am I over-reacting?
"My your logic, my mother, my aunt, my friends long term girlfriend, and another friend's younger brother were all flirting with me the last time I talked to them? And I must flirt with pretty much everyone I talk to? Nodding and agreeing with…"
1 hour ago
Errol Alger posted a photo

"Forced Helplessness," 1993

One of my most prized works of art was made in a state of emotional bondage to some truly horrifying childhood experiences. Thankfully, concurrent with a restored relationship with my biological father on Thanksgiving Day 2009, all the disabling…
6 hours ago
SilverBackMale joined Ryan Scott's group
Thumbnail

Fountain Pens

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”-Graham GreeneThis group is for those who love fountain pens.See More
8 hours ago
Sir replied to Mongoose's discussion Methinks "Manly" is a Misnomer?
"I am not sure they exist, but if they do: are they right? These definitions say they aren't. If people think it's honorable to lie, cheat, and steal, this doesn't redefine "honorable," but only shows their lack of it."
16 hours ago
Michael J. K. commented on thehuhman's group Manly Mentors
"hello men hope things are going okay for everyone I know this time of year can be hard"
17 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Mongoose's discussion Methinks "Manly" is a Misnomer?
"Kind of a case-in-point on the "opinions can be wrong" statement above. Something like childbirth that is distinctly womanly cannot be manly, whether you consider it "strong and courageous" or not. This is the same kind of…"
17 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Mongoose's discussion Methinks "Manly" is a Misnomer?
"Opinions can be wrong. Often. JB"
17 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service