Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Latest Activity

Jay D replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"For me it is simple, i slowly descent into madness, while trying to change it. I also try to spin it in a way that it is just another challenge. If i can manage to get things done in such bureaucratic mess, i will be able to move mountains. But i…"
8 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"I agree, if I start finding out that others are upset I might tend to make their gripes my own or to feel even worse about the current environment. "
25 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"If you don't believe in the mission or the plan, the workable options are to change it, swim against it, or go elsewhere.  Or, like some have said, you can simply suffer it ... though I don't find that a terribly palatable…"
35 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Commiserating tends to make things worse, not better.  Probably better to avoid those people like the plague.  Better yet if the place were functional enough to fire them.  Too many businesses are held hostage by talented employees…"
47 minutes ago
David F. replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Sometimes learning the why something is done helps.  Assuming the answer is not because we always did it this way. Remembering to put it in its place,  you are not the work you do. Taking a walk when you are frazzled. Switching topics for…"
1 hour ago
QuackXP replied to Blair Brown's discussion Is coloring your hair unmanly?
"I would never do it as I personally consider it vain and therefore unmanly. I would, in good nature, give a friend shit for it. Because that is what friends are for. I would not however hold it against someones character. But full disclosure.…"
1 hour ago
John Muir replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"I try to keep in mind my place. As a contractor or as an employee, I try to remind myself that I'm a screwdriver in their drawer that they've paid for - and that they would really rather not even have to have the screwdriver. So my role…"
1 hour ago
Sir replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Listen to my colleagues gripe.  They're so cynical they make my reservations look tame."
1 hour ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service