Brett McKay's Comments

Comment Wall (964 comments)

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

At 4:44am on July 14, 2010, Phil Goodman said…
Mr. McKay,

Thank you for asking, I have been getting the daily updates for quite some time and love this site, but have just now signed up for this forum.

Watchmaking was something I decided on long ago when I was sitting in the Engine Room of a Submarine which surprisingly is very noisy and hot. I was trying to think of the most quiet job without just pushing papers around. Fixing watches popped into my head and when we got back into port I looked into schools and at the time there was one in Lancaster, PA. When I got out of the Navy I attended that school and have fell in love with watches. It turns out working in the Power Industry pays so much better so I still do that, but having two skills especially one that you can still manage late into life without breaking your back is a wonderful thing. As long as the ole peepers hold out.

Thanks again for being so welcoming on this site, but it comes to no surprise to me as I already know what gentleman the members are.

Respectfully,

Phil
At 4:36am on July 14, 2010, Julian Gagnon said…
Hey thanx for the welcome. My bro told me about the site, and I've read a couple articles over the past couple months. The saddleback giveaway was too good to pass up.
At 12:09am on July 14, 2010, Patrick Preudhomme said…
Well My family has always been into gardening and we noticed one year that a lot of our crops were failing. So we did some research and found out it was from a lack of Pollination. My Dad then decided to enroll himself and I in a Bee Keeping course. (He all ready knew a little since my Grandfather (Who is from St. Lucia) was a bee keeper.) So at age 16 I was one of the youngest in North Carolina to pass the State Bee Keeping Exam and now I keep Bees with my father as a hobby. We harvest honey and wax making small things such as Chap Stick and Candles. Its some pretty cool stuff! For example did you know that male bee's Can not sting!
At 10:32pm on July 13, 2010, Tim McElroy said…
Thanks for the welcome Brett. I have enjoyed your website for awhile now and have really envied a friend who has a Saddleback brief case, so I am trying to take full advantage of the giveaway. Cheers.
At 10:14pm on July 13, 2010, Jens Rasmussen said…
Thanks, it's a little hobby I picked up from work. Nice job on your Ignite Tulsa talk - next stop TED.
At 4:44pm on July 13, 2010, Curtis Gregg Jr said…
Brett, Thanks for the go ahead on the Steam Group. I have a question, please excuse my ignorance, but how do I go about promoting my group? How do I find others with same interest, or will they find the group? Thanks in advance for your help. Curt
At 1:57pm on July 13, 2010, Steve M said…
Hey Brett, my daughter bought me your book for Father's Day. I have really been enjoying it.
At 12:47pm on July 13, 2010, Randy Devost said…
Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm excited to explore the site further.
At 10:28am on July 13, 2010, Jason Aaron Witt said…
Thank you so much for the welcome, bro. Sorry I'm just now replying. Be blessed today!
At 9:19am on July 13, 2010, Curtis said…
Belated thanks for the welcome, Brett...
At 10:33pm on July 10, 2010, Nick T. said…
Thank you for the welcome, Brett!
At 7:38pm on July 9, 2010, Clifton said…
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah the quote is from "Wind, Sand and Stars". I highly recommend it, it's full of stuff just like that.
At 7:27pm on July 9, 2010, Bruce Swabb said…
Well hello Brett! Mr fellow Okie!
I would love to contribute to your site. I have been seriously considering my own blog - yet, I don't feel I can fill pages and pages. But, as a 50 year old guy, I've been through lots of cultural stuff and had many heart ot heart discussions with other men. Add this all together, and I think I fit into your universe pretty well.

Would love to get to know you a bit better. Regards!
Regards
At 9:21am on July 8, 2010, Sasha said…
I started a log. Dallas said it is on other ning sites as well.

http://community.artofmanliness.com/forum/topics/comment-box-not-working
At 5:23am on July 8, 2010, Davey Moyers said…
Thanks for the Birthday sentiment Brent.
At 10:57pm on July 7, 2010, James Claude said…
Thanks for your warm welcome ~

Sincerely & Fraternally,

- James
At 10:15am on July 7, 2010, Ian MacManus said…
Thanks Brett. What makes you think it's not me?
At 8:15am on July 7, 2010, Kevin Crawford said…
Thanks Brett. I have a small collection of quotes I've picked up over the years. Glad to be here.

Kevin
At 9:06pm on July 6, 2010, Robert Machado said…
I wanted to get out of Southern California, see new places, and experience a cold winter. I chose Marquette because when I visited the campus something just clicked and I liked its philosophy of building the "whole person". From that first visit, I found that is was the college meant for me.
At 8:10pm on July 6, 2010, Aaron Alexander said…
Thank you for your welcome. That personal touch sets this website apart from other social networks. You've really got something here, Brett.

I expect you know that by now.

Thanks again,

AA

Latest Activity

Peter Shields commented on Bruce Uall's group The Shirtless Man
"Just a couple of pics of me shirtless as I noticed some of the other fellows had the same.  Hope that's okay.  I love to go shirtless but it is still hard for me to do so at times as I am a bit overweight."
3 minutes ago
4 minutes ago
5 minutes ago
Milo Morris replied to N. Vest's discussion Bug Out Bag,
"I didn't know what CERT was, so thanks for filling me in.But as far as bugging out and community go, let's suppose you needed to leave town and could stay with a friend or relative. To me that is a form of community."
9 minutes ago
Peter Shields replied to Tim Dienes's discussion Just imagine...what if in the group The Shirtless Man
"Yes very true Josh, I feel bonded perhaps through a vulnerability?"
21 minutes ago
Max replied to kpeckham's discussion Manly Advice about starting a journey at the Air Force Academy
"It's like Star Trek. but less realistic. "
22 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to kpeckham's discussion Manly Advice about starting a journey at the Air Force Academy
"Indeed.  And exciting new subject for the facade that is "Josh Allen" to try to troll us all with, and for everyone to mock the character in return."
23 minutes ago
Karl Helweg replied to kpeckham's discussion Manly Advice about starting a journey at the Air Force Academy
"We just had a couple current cadets speak last August.  Some of their more memorable advice included: Run.  Both were female and until they got their one mile runs under six minutes they were miserable. Fly.  Cadets who already have a…"
23 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service