Brett McKay's Comments

Comment Wall (963 comments)

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

At 4:36am on July 14, 2010, Julian Gagnon said…
Hey thanx for the welcome. My bro told me about the site, and I've read a couple articles over the past couple months. The saddleback giveaway was too good to pass up.
At 12:09am on July 14, 2010, Patrick Preudhomme said…
Well My family has always been into gardening and we noticed one year that a lot of our crops were failing. So we did some research and found out it was from a lack of Pollination. My Dad then decided to enroll himself and I in a Bee Keeping course. (He all ready knew a little since my Grandfather (Who is from St. Lucia) was a bee keeper.) So at age 16 I was one of the youngest in North Carolina to pass the State Bee Keeping Exam and now I keep Bees with my father as a hobby. We harvest honey and wax making small things such as Chap Stick and Candles. Its some pretty cool stuff! For example did you know that male bee's Can not sting!
At 10:32pm on July 13, 2010, Tim McElroy said…
Thanks for the welcome Brett. I have enjoyed your website for awhile now and have really envied a friend who has a Saddleback brief case, so I am trying to take full advantage of the giveaway. Cheers.
At 10:14pm on July 13, 2010, Jens Rasmussen said…
Thanks, it's a little hobby I picked up from work. Nice job on your Ignite Tulsa talk - next stop TED.
At 4:44pm on July 13, 2010, Curtis Gregg Jr said…
Brett, Thanks for the go ahead on the Steam Group. I have a question, please excuse my ignorance, but how do I go about promoting my group? How do I find others with same interest, or will they find the group? Thanks in advance for your help. Curt
At 1:57pm on July 13, 2010, Steve M said…
Hey Brett, my daughter bought me your book for Father's Day. I have really been enjoying it.
At 12:47pm on July 13, 2010, Randy Devost said…
Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm excited to explore the site further.
At 10:28am on July 13, 2010, Jason Aaron Witt said…
Thank you so much for the welcome, bro. Sorry I'm just now replying. Be blessed today!
At 9:19am on July 13, 2010, Curtis said…
Belated thanks for the welcome, Brett...
At 10:33pm on July 10, 2010, Nick T. said…
Thank you for the welcome, Brett!
At 7:38pm on July 9, 2010, Clifton said…
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah the quote is from "Wind, Sand and Stars". I highly recommend it, it's full of stuff just like that.
At 7:27pm on July 9, 2010, Bruce Swabb said…
Well hello Brett! Mr fellow Okie!
I would love to contribute to your site. I have been seriously considering my own blog - yet, I don't feel I can fill pages and pages. But, as a 50 year old guy, I've been through lots of cultural stuff and had many heart ot heart discussions with other men. Add this all together, and I think I fit into your universe pretty well.

Would love to get to know you a bit better. Regards!
Regards
At 9:21am on July 8, 2010, Sasha said…
I started a log. Dallas said it is on other ning sites as well.

http://community.artofmanliness.com/forum/topics/comment-box-not-working
At 5:23am on July 8, 2010, Davey Moyers said…
Thanks for the Birthday sentiment Brent.
At 10:57pm on July 7, 2010, James Claude said…
Thanks for your warm welcome ~

Sincerely & Fraternally,

- James
At 10:15am on July 7, 2010, Ian MacManus said…
Thanks Brett. What makes you think it's not me?
At 8:15am on July 7, 2010, Kevin Crawford said…
Thanks Brett. I have a small collection of quotes I've picked up over the years. Glad to be here.

Kevin
At 9:06pm on July 6, 2010, Robert Machado said…
I wanted to get out of Southern California, see new places, and experience a cold winter. I chose Marquette because when I visited the campus something just clicked and I liked its philosophy of building the "whole person". From that first visit, I found that is was the college meant for me.
At 8:10pm on July 6, 2010, Aaron Alexander said…
Thank you for your welcome. That personal touch sets this website apart from other social networks. You've really got something here, Brett.

I expect you know that by now.

Thanks again,

AA
At 8:09pm on July 6, 2010, Jon A said…
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Latest Activity

NYGayBear replied to Daniel's discussion Family in the group Gentlemen Atheists
"I'm going out on a limb here- stop apologizing for no longer believing in a superstition. If there was a catholic sister in a Protestant family? Or a Methodist brother in a group of Presbyterians- would that even deserve comment? Just go to…"
5 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Daniel's discussion Family in the group Gentlemen Atheists
"Don't attack them for their faith. It does nothing but make them more and more against you. I found that I would have days where I would want nothing more to burn a church down, bash down religion. But it's their life, and you have yours.…"
7 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Herb Munson's discussion Trusting in the Faithfulness of God in the group The Great Debate
"I follow a different path. That path brings me happiness. Why is your path better? Where is your god? Trouble not the world with such."
18 minutes ago
Daniel added a discussion to the group Gentlemen Atheists
Thumbnail

Family

Since losing the faith I find I have a difficult time maintaining close relationships with my parents and siblings who are strong believers. We don't fight, we all love each other, but there is a barrier that prevents anything too deep from happening. They are still faithfully waiting and expecting a prodigal son to return, so things seem to be a state of arrested development.I'd love to read about anybody's experience/success with bridging this divide in a healthy way, or of what potential…See More
19 minutes ago
Jacob Bauer replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
"You're probably looking in the wrong place and at the wrong girls. Ignore these idiots who say you "shouldn't judge" or whatever. You laid our your criteria and you know exactly what you want in a woman. Find her and hope you…"
30 minutes ago
Jacob Bauer replied to Herb Munson's discussion Trusting in the Faithfulness of God in the group The Great Debate
""Silly" and "rigamarole" are hardly personal insults. Perhaps he does find your position silly. He was still respectful of the people supporting it, as far as I read. I think you're trying to find an excuse to avoid his…"
42 minutes ago
Rush replied to Rush's discussion Praying for Wife Material. Selfish Prayer? in the group Christian Men
"I agree that Faith without deeds is dead. God helps, but I have to work at it too. I don't think that praying out of money for your own ambitions that do not have God is good. For example I think its good to pray for success in Him through many…"
50 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
"Reread what he wrote.  If he was interested in morals or values he'd be asking women about their beliefs and how they behave now, not whether they've ever had casual sex.  This is about his own psychological and sexual hang-ups,…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service