Brett McKay's Comments

Comment Wall (956 comments)

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

At 2:00pm on December 30, 2016, Steve Morton said…

Brother McKay - Anything you can do on the blog to revitalize the official AoM book club?  Great idea but starting to fade.  I just joined today, hoping to find a vital community but not much happening there.

At 8:33am on August 28, 2015, Greg DP said…

Hi Brett,

Been following your site for a while, decided to join the Community recently. Noticed you also have a section on Careers, and recently did a podcast with John Corcoran about reaching influencers.

I am also finishing a guide for people looking to get ahead in life, it's got a ton of powerful "hacks" that not a lot of people are talking about yet. It can save a lot of time for job seekers, headhunters etc and can also be applied for entrepreneurs.

I think your audience could find many of them useful in their business/life/work.

Would you be interested in taking a look at it, and tell me what you think?

Regards,

Greg

At 3:58pm on May 27, 2015, Steve M said…

Happy Anniversary, Brett and Kate!  Have a great one!

At 2:51am on October 15, 2014, Upside down bloke said…

Yes thank you.  So very much appreciated.  

At 1:38am on October 15, 2014, Michael J. K. said…

Thanks for all the work you have done to make this site.  

At 5:57pm on October 13, 2014, Kyle Egolf said…
Brett, how would I go about sending you an article to read and possibly put on the site?
At 12:42pm on September 30, 2014, Rafael said…

Hi Brett,

My apologies if this is the wrong section to ask - but I recently paid the nominal book club fee, yet still can't enter the section. Can you please point to me to how I can fix this?

Many thanks,

Rafe

At 12:22am on July 30, 2014, Nikita Borisov said…
Thank you so much!
At 12:48pm on July 28, 2014, Nikita Borisov said…
Hi, Brett!

I really like most of your articles and even more — so I've already translated one of them into russian (talkin' about Adrian Peter Shmidt and his odd exercises).

So my question is: can I place my translation of your article at FurFur.me? This is the popular russian web-issue about men's way of life in the modern city. And don't worry, I promise to put the active link of original article below or even above the translation!

I think you guys doing the great things and I want to share it with the russian audience, chasing the goal to promote healthy way of life and ideals of manliness.

Bless you!
At 8:54am on May 27, 2014, Steve M said…

Hello Brett and Kate,

Well it is another year gone by and it's time for me to wish you both a very

I can't believe it has been 9 years!

Yours truly,

Steven Masters

At 12:52pm on March 14, 2014, Walter B. Pewen said…

Hey Brett:

Is there any way you can delete all the posts I made in the sex group while Jack Bauer was hunting me down there?   I mean, I tried, but no x in upper corner in the posts. 

Jack, by the way, continues to attack me on sexual preference stuff.  I can handle the occasional "fag joke" for the sake of keeping the peace, but his spiel is out of control.  I thought that kind off stuff wasn't too cool around here?

Thanks,

Walter B. Pewen

At 2:06am on February 23, 2014, Tesh said…

You're a legend. Thank you for this awesome website. It's making a huge difference in my life and it's quickly becoming a place of support and familiarity. If there's anyway I can contribute or give back, let me know. What you're doing is truly epic. 

Thanks again, you manly man.

At 4:05pm on September 25, 2013, Travis Winsor said…

Holy cow, Brett! You left me a message years ago and I just now discovered it. Thank you, and allow me to wish you and your family a warm welcome to Denver. 

Kind Regards,

Travis

At 9:45am on August 18, 2012, Paul said…

Hey Brett, just wanted to let you know that the most recent few articles have been pretty kick ass. Keep it up!

At 8:15pm on January 28, 2012, Tony Karoumi said…

Hi Brett,

I uploaded a couple photos from my phone with the intention of making one a profile pic.  It seems that when I try to add a profile picture it wants to browse my computer for one.  I'm sure I'm making this harder than it needs to be.  I'm used to just clicking the "make this your profile pic" on Facebook.  Also, can we "crop" a photo?  Please help...that is, when you find the time.  ps...really love the site, resources, etc.  Keep doing, what your doing...it's appreciated!

At 10:28pm on January 14, 2012, Liam R. said…

Hello Mr. McKay,

I just wanted to thank you for everything you have been doing. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything you have done on the blog and your books. I appreciate that you have showed me that I really can become a "man" without turning on my values and being a pig. I do not have a male role model in my life, but the blog and community have guided me through many situations. Nice to know there are good people in the world still standing.

LWR

At 11:24pm on December 4, 2011, Ronald Gary Squire Jr. said…

No, Thank you! I do public speaking engagements and am using "The Fighter" by S.E. Kiser tomorrow for one such engagement! Excited to use it and see how it goes over. I think it'll be great. I've finished the book and once I knock off a couple other books on my list, I'm going back to Manvotionals for a second go-around.

At 4:43am on November 22, 2011, Filippo said…

Hi Brett,

I've been following AoM for almost one year. I just wanted to congratulate with you and your wife for the good work you are doing. Your posts can help lots of men to find themselves and to re-define manliness.

With sincere admiration

Filippo from Italy

At 12:36pm on November 20, 2011, Native Son said…

Hate to report this, but some SPAMMER has either joined a AOM or high-jacked somebody's email list.

Riflemen and The Great Debate have been shooting out SPAM this weekend.

At 2:38pm on November 16, 2011, Ronald Gary Squire Jr. said…

Am reading the new Manvotionals book. Absolutely eating it up! Well done. I appreciate the hard work you put into this noble cause.

Latest Activity

zak replied to Max Z's discussion How can i let me be respected?
"if you are a adult or not no one has the right to put thear hands on you. if the are punching you and the teacher is doing not listening to you. then you need to go over his or her head! I too would like to know how old are you. and what do think is…"
10 minutes ago
Eric W replied to Eric W's discussion Gilets, Bodywarmers & Down Vests
"Ah cool, nice one. What style shirt do you go for? I wanna try out wearing a shirt with a vest casually but not sure what shirt to get."
40 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Joshua's discussion Feeling a bit bogged down
"Pareto charting, it's called.....The point is to figure out the greatest challenge and attack it"
1 hour ago
Sir replied to Joshua's discussion Feeling a bit bogged down
"I hadn't heard of this before, and I'm trying to figure the point. I'd guess the idea is to find ways to make things on the list more efficient?  Do fewer of them?  "
1 hour ago
R. Max 2.0 replied to Max Z's discussion How can i let me be respected?
"How old are you? And what constitutes bullying here? "
3 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Joshua's discussion Feeling a bit bogged down
"+100 on this. Exactly like setting a budget, you need to get real about where you expend your time and energy (not where you think you do, or wish you did, but actually do).  Then you can figure out strategies to work through it. "
4 hours ago
John Donne updated their profile
5 hours ago
Drew joined Todd Serveto's group
Thumbnail

Growing in Manliness

Men who want to grow in masculinity, develop stronger manly traits, and be more confident in manhood.
5 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service