David Johns's Comments

Comment Wall (13 comments)

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

At 11:29pm on September 21, 2014, Brian D Parker said…

Thanks for the welcome brother! Glad to be aboard!

At 11:31am on September 19, 2014, Mike said…

Thanks for adding me! I'm just getting used the forum and groups etc but really enjoying it so far. Community is really nice and helpful, unlike a lot of places online or in real life for that matter. I pride myself on being honest and to the point in any discussion. See you around here buddy!

At 5:26pm on September 8, 2014, The Eyeball Kid said…

Ah, Harford County! My grandmother used to live in Fallston, so I know it quite well!

At 9:57pm on August 20, 2014, Andrew said…

Your interests section is great!

At 11:27am on July 28, 2014, Barry Bailey said…

Hi David,

I just read your Profile Information/Interests, and I am VERY impressed with what you have written.

I am very involved with the men's movement here in New England, through the Massachusetts Men's Gatherings and the Rhode Island Men's Gatherings. What you have written is the best description I have seen describing what we stand for in these men's groups. Thank you for your thoughtful words.

At 2:07am on May 10, 2014, JT said…

Thanks for accepting my request!

At 8:04am on April 8, 2014, kkbrew said…
Thanks for the friend request. I look forward to chatting on here with you.
At 9:14pm on March 23, 2014, Eric said…

Sorry I couldn't respond, my computer is acting up. My page has links to my flash fiction. I just read what you have posted about the Men's Movement and would like to ask you a few things.

At 11:16am on March 11, 2014, Walter B. Pewen said…

Good to meet you.   I found this site after looking around at stuff online re the Men's Movement.  Kind of weird it was, found several sites that seemed kind of reactionary and crazy, misogynist to say the least.

Learned about the movement from a guy in Maine about 20 years ago.  Good stuff.

At 10:31pm on February 2, 2014, Dave P said…

Thanks for that chat buddy.

At 1:11pm on January 24, 2014, David E. E., Ed.D. said…

Hey David. 

At 10:29pm on January 9, 2014, Boondocker said…

I'm a new Marylander.  I moved here three months ago.  But so far I have really enjoyed it.

At 11:25am on January 3, 2014, Pale Horse said…

It's cool.

Latest Activity

Michael Shaw replied to David Henry's discussion Manly Cold and flu remedys
"Sleep. Not manly enough?  To help you sleep, make a "hot toddy".  Brew some black tea (only steep for a couple minutes, you don't want it too strong.  Put a tablespoon of honey in the hot tea, a slice of lemon, and a…"
25 minutes ago
Neil A replied to Cory Ross's discussion New to AOM
"Hi Cory. Great to see you become part of the community. Sounds like you have a great family and another son on the way. When is your son's due date? Like you, i have also rediscovered reading and am trying to get in as much reading as i can. I…"
25 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Will's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"Fox News has also apologized for its uncritical stance towards claims of "no-go zones".  http://video.foxnews.com/v/3995699587001/fox-news-apologizes-for-european-muslim-population-errors/?#sp=show-clips Here's a…"
39 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Bearwolf's discussion Why Do They Bother Going To Mass? in the group Catholic Men
"You know what is maddeningly hypocritical? Traditionalists insist on the importance of the family and the importance of attending Mass. But have a family and attend Mass? NOPE YOU'RE DESTROYING ALL ORDER AND DISCIPLINE.  Children go…"
46 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Steve Dallas's discussion First God.... in the group The Great Debate
"This is going to have us going way off of what I was wanting to know, but.... Why can't the grounding just come from humanity itself? Or even in just the self?"
1 hour ago
Vytautas replied to Bearwolf's discussion Why Do They Bother Going To Mass? in the group Catholic Men
"Nothing replaces interpersonal relationships. Solving problems at the most intimate level. Parishioners are not there to act as the monsignor's spies. "
1 hour ago
"I don't have children but I do know that there is a certain level of respect that a child can be taught. You think you know. But you're not a parent. It's a difficult enough job for parents without random folks who have no…"
1 hour ago
Nicholas Miller replied to Bearwolf's discussion Why Do They Bother Going To Mass? in the group Catholic Men
"Have you tried to go the Priest? I know that if this was going on at the Church that I attend our Priest would say something during the sermon. If that isn't an option, maybe you could try a more traditional church to go to. I have rarely seen…"
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service