David Johns's Comments

Comment Wall (9 comments)

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

At 11:27am on July 28, 2014, Barry Bailey said…

Hi David,

I just read your Profile Information/Interests, and I am VERY impressed with what you have written.

I am very involved with the men's movement here in New England, through the Massachusetts Men's Gatherings and the Rhode Island Men's Gatherings. What you have written is the best description I have seen describing what we stand for in these men's groups. Thank you for your thoughtful words.

At 2:07am on May 10, 2014, JT said…

Thanks for accepting my request!

At 8:04am on April 8, 2014, kkbrew said…
Thanks for the friend request. I look forward to chatting on here with you.
At 9:14pm on March 23, 2014, Eric said…

Sorry I couldn't respond, my computer is acting up. My page has links to my flash fiction. I just read what you have posted about the Men's Movement and would like to ask you a few things.

At 11:16am on March 11, 2014, Walter B. Pewen said…

Good to meet you.   I found this site after looking around at stuff online re the Men's Movement.  Kind of weird it was, found several sites that seemed kind of reactionary and crazy, misogynist to say the least.

Learned about the movement from a guy in Maine about 20 years ago.  Good stuff.

At 10:31pm on February 2, 2014, Dave P said…

Thanks for that chat buddy.

At 1:11pm on January 24, 2014, David E. E., Ed.D. said…

Hey David. 

At 10:29pm on January 9, 2014, Boondocker said…

I'm a new Marylander.  I moved here three months ago.  But so far I have really enjoyed it.

At 11:25am on January 3, 2014, Pale Horse said…

It's cool.

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"This implies the existence of a genuine moral truth separate from both their behavior and their articulation.  Which is exactly my point. JB"
6 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"I talked about this on the comments. What is considered moral and who does the considering?  If moral laws are only given by God then even those moral laws are relative to whom they are referring.  The example given before was "Thou…"
6 minutes ago
Thomas Patrick replied to Pete's discussion How do I address my friends parents.
"This. Calling them Mr. and Mrs. seems much more respectful than calling them by their first names."
12 minutes ago
Karl Helweg replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Surprise Friday the 13th Adventure in the group Manventures
"The plan was to use a C-130 to transport our CAP cadets back from Encampment at JBER near Anchorage this past Monday.  Encampment is basically a ten day mini-boot camp with marching, PT, hospital corners, spit shining, mess halls, bear spray,…"
21 minutes ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Pete's discussion How do I address my friends parents.
"Depends.... Where I'm from, if i started calling my friends dad "Mr Taylor" he'd think I was being sarcastic. first names always"
22 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"From an internal one, insofar as their wrongdoing or corruption is incompatible and inconsistent with their own best apprehension and articulation of moral truth."
26 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"I'm arguing that a definitive right-and-wrong cannot come from men.  God or not, right and wrong must come from somewhere external to mankind, individually or collectively.   Civil laws, individuals, collectives, majorities,…"
32 minutes ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to David Johns's discussion Toilet seat
"nah, don't get me wrong, I make no conscious effort to put it down, I also make no conscious effort to leave it up... If she started complaining then yes, i'd put the lid down. In the grand scheme of things its not that important. Its not…"
37 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service