As I sit here on this 2nd weekend in November looking out my window at 5 inches of fallen snow with plenty more to come, I think of all the things I was supposed to do today. Maybe if I jot them down, you'll remember to pick them up before the inevitable winter comes creeping to you.
1. Put the patio furniture and grill away
2. Reorganize the shed- I always like to reorganize my shed late in the fall. I keep some Christmas stuff (tree, lights) in there, and it's nice to get that stuff up front and the lawnmower, and fertilizer spreader moved back
3. Get salt for my water softener- Harder to carry when the store fronts are slick
4. Winterize my garden hoses- Water will pile up in there, freeze, then crack the hoses
5. Mow the yard short one last time- Shorter grass tends to winter better
6. Clean the gutters, put up the Christmas lights- I know it's early for the lights, but my house has a tall peaked style roof that you have to climb to get the lights on. Not doing that with a foot of it up there
That's about it for me, make sure to comment if there's anything you try to remember to do before the snow flies