Yesterday I finished purging my closet and according to the missing pieces I made a priority list of clothes I have to get. First off all, summer is almost over which means I go to consider clothes for Fall/Winter in first place. It struck me by lightning that I don't own a pair of jeans that would fit me well, then came the recognition I'm out of long sleeve shirts and polo shirts, I don't have a trench coat or a harrington... and the list goes on.
Because all of the above mentioned absence in my wardrobe I've put up a list for clothes I have to acquire for this Fall/Winter. It's not only a list of several clothes, it is also an interactive blog post where you're comments/recommendations are very welcome. For each cloth I'm gonna put some idea as to what kind of pattern, fabric, style etc. I'm thinking of.
1. Jeans (straight leg style, classic dark denim, or other dark color that I can wear with a sport coat or with just a polo shirt)
2. Long sleeve dress shirts (some basic light colors, like blue and shades of it, later on with some patterns like stripes, little squares etc.)
3. Polo shirts (well fitting, no pockets, thinking of Gant, Ralph Lauren or Lacoste)
4. Harrington jacket (thinking of Baracuta or Ralph Lauren vintage fit jackets) On the other hand I might rather invest in a few sport coats with scarves till Winter knocks... don't know yet.
5. Cardigans (I have a few zippered cardigans, but now I'm thinking of buttoned or zippered cardigans with for instance V-neck or slim style or well, what fits me the best :) )
6. Belts (canvas and leather, both in color that goes with my future winter-shoes)
7. Shoes for winter (since here in Hungary winters are harsh and very cold with lots of snow, I would go for a high top kinda leather shoe/boot in first place, dark colors) Here I have to mention that although I have a black boat shoe that would go well sockless/with socks during Autumn, but if I can find affordable nice oxfords won't hesitate ;)
8. Gloves (for winter I want a pair of leather gloves, colors are black, brown, gray, dark green or dark blue)
That's all for now... updates soon to come
So here I go again, a few weeks ago I was on a shopping spree with my girl. The catch is asfollows: 2 button up cardigans(light blue,yachting style patterned), 4 polo shirts, 2 pair of slacks (blue,black) and white/lilac window pane dress shirt. Unfortunately just couldnot find a pair of jeans that wouldfit me perfectly. We went to like 3to 5 stores and tried all their jeans but none of themfitted me the way I wanted. Today's jeans are just very low in the waist line and too high rise tailored, thus what fits me in the hips and thighs it doesn't in the waist. Oh yeah and I didn't mention skinny or slim fit, that's just crazy 80 if not 90 percent of the jeans selling is slim fit jeans, why?? I don1t want a slim fit I want a "well proportioned guys fit jeans" Long story short that's gonna be a complicated mission to find a well fitting jeans, but I'm on it.
What's good news that I found some very - for me precious - vintage clothes including rad boat shoes of course. There are a plaid overcoat, an 80's navy/biege windowpane tomy hilfiger sport jacket and a top lider blue-red-white boat shoe. Although I'm still waiting for the postmen to deliver my package of goodies :) Once I recevied it I'm gonna post some pics of the stuff.
Stay tuned ;)
PS: I'm gonna cross off some things from my priority list :) However it could still occur that I'm buying some stuff that I've already crossed off.