''The world is full of useless information, facts that can be used to leverage your score in a pub quiz, help bag that hot blond sitting at the bar and of course to impress your mates with, today I'm going to give you some utterly useless but brilliant social ammunition that is bound to make your mates gasp in disbelief.
1. ''The Guiness brewery in Dublin, Ireland has a 6,000 year lease on the property, which should mean the gross but nice when your drunk stout will be safe for another few years.''
2. ''The average woman does 215 miles worth of ironing in her lifetime.''
3. ''20th century fox unsuccessfully sued Universal for copyright infringement, they claimed that Battle Star Galactica stole 34 ideas from Star Wars, childish or what, as if George Lucas needs the cash anyway!''
4. ''The 'WD' in WD-40 stands for 'Water Displacement' yeah I bet you really wanted to know that didn't you?''
5. ''The Titum Arum flower is the largest flower in the world, and it gives off an odour similar to rotting flesh when it blooms. Yeah definitely wouldn't give one to the wife.''
6. ''In Las Vegas, casinos don't have any windows or clocks, why? it's so you lose all sense of time and stay longer and spend more of you hard earned cash.''
7. ''A man named Charles Osbourne had the hiccups for an incredible 69 years, then died 1 year after he finally got rid of them, talk about unlucky!''
8. ''There are at least 6 fictional characters that have stars on hollywood's walk of fame, here are a few:''
- Bugs Bunny
- Donald Duck
- The Lone Ranger
- Snow White
- Rin Tin Tin
9. ''A turtle can breath through its anus, which is probably one of evolutions biggest pranks, and I'll never look at the ninja turtles in the same light again!''
10. ''The first ever product to be scanned with a barcode was a packet of Wrigley's gum on June 26th 1974.''
Well that concludes my useless facts post, hope you enjoyed them.''
Have you got any more useless facts to share with us? leave a comment.
picture from dierk shaefer