"1) A series Land Rover or a flat fendered Willy's Jeep.
2) A Randall Model 17 "Astro" knife with a $100.00 bill in the handle.
3) A Colt M1917 revolver and a decent leather holster.
4) A made in America Boy Scout knife.
"I don't know about owning things. For the most part, they come to us from another, and yet another may take them from us without our consent. I would instead say a man should own
1. skills, to make or get what he needs, and to rely as little on…"
"1. A pair of sturdy boots
2. A good pocket knife
3. A good watch
4. A complete weight set
5. A complete tool kit
6. A well rounded personal library
7. A cast iron skillet
8. A practical vehicle
9. A punching bag
10. A notebook and pens
"In no particular order
1. A sense of pride;
2. A sense of humor;
3. A sense of humility;
4. A sense of duty;
5. A sense of fair play;
6. A sense of honor;
7. A sense of humanity;
8. A sense of dignity;
9. A sense of responsibility;
"In no order...
1. A well maintained vehicle ( do can do it yourself or pay someone it doesn't matter)
2. A pet (shows you can take care of something besides yourself and is a companion)
3. A hobby (people without hobbies are boring)
4. A suit…"
"Well I figured I would write this list as a person residing in a foreign country.
1. A copy of my passport and visa
2. Cash in an amount that I can do what I want/need to do and catch a taxi home from where ever I have ended up.
3. A good paperback…"
Hi there Jordan. Welcome to AoM! Also, I'd like to give you a friendly invite to check out my group, The Great Debate. Just click on "Groups." It's the one with the colorful galaxy picture. It's also one of the most active groups on AoM. In any case, great to have you with us.
"These phenomena from antiquity are further proof that views on homosexual behavior, and even categories of sexuality themselves, change according to time and place and are therefore products of social construction."
"Hi Matt- you would be far better off spending the money on decent food than using vitamins to get by on the cheap (vitamins really aren't cheap!). I have talked to doctors, and trawled the 'net extensively on this subject- they all…"
"Terry, I like your point of view. i was leaning towards a face to face meeting but here's a bit more background on my history with my mom:
being the oldest, we've always had a not bad, but slightly rough relationship. Regardless,…"
"Give your dad the full picture and explain to your dad that the way your mom feels right now as a result of your comments is probably the same way you and your wife feel as a result of your mom's comments. See where that takes you.
It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group. My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop. See More
"I have raised four daughters and I have nine grandchildren. Nothing is more true than the statement "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
In most cases, we like to think we are molding our children into…"