Weightlifting, playing classical and electric guitar, dancing tango, making music, writing, nature.
- The Prince
- The Art of Worldly Wisdom
- The Meditations
- The Art of War
- The Book of Five Rings
- Unleash the Warrior Within
- On War
- Plato's Works
- Aristotle's Works
- Fleurs Du Mal
- Les Misérables
- Le Comte de Monte-Cristo
- The Odyssey
- Lone Survivor
- The Iliad
- Notes from the Underground
- The Brothers Karamazov
- El Cantar del Mio Cid
... The list goes on...
300, Beowulf, Braveheart, Borat, Bruce Lee movies, Centurion, Coraline, Defiance, Der Untergang, movies by Tim Burton, Howl's Moving Castle, Jet Li movies, King Arthur, Ninja Assassin, Pan's Labyrinth, Pineapple Express, Tears of the Sun, The Godfather I-III, The Last Samurai, The Patriot, The Phantom of the Opera, Thirteen Days, You don't mess with the Zohan
• Pain is strength in disguise. Overcome.
• Look for peace while preparing for war.
• Those who stand for nothing fall for anything. ~ Alexander Hamilton
• Victory belongs to the most persevering. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
• Courage is the first of the virtues, because it makes all others possible. ~ Aristotle
• Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. ~ Sun Tzu
• Freedom isn’t free.
• There are two types of pain in the world. The temporary pain of self-discipline, and the permanent pain of regret.
• Everyone has the will to be a warrior, but only a warrior has the will to prepare.
• Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. ~ Henry Ford
• There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. A man must constantly exceed his level. ~ Bruce Lee
• Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. ~ Ella Williams
• The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~ Elbert Hubbard
• If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass
• You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
• The mind is the ground of everything.
• Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds. ~ Roosevelt
• Act as though it were impossible to fail. ~ Winston Churchill
• The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war.
• You don’t have to like it, you just have to do it. ~ Richard Machowicz
• Not dead, can’t quit. ~ Richard Machowicz
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!
Hi there Jean. Welcome to AoM! Also, I'd like to give you a friendly invite to check out my group, The Great Debate. Just click on "Groups." It's the one with the colorful galaxy picture. It's also one of the most active groups on AoM. In any case, great to have you with us.
"Just a few thoughts.
Why lie at all ? Your deadlines are not your suppliers concern. Every good plan has cushion and contingency.
I.e. your project deadline is july 31st. You need ten thousand widgets in your warehouse by july 15th in order…"
"One thing I noticed about the entire debacle.
In March, 2016, then Mr. Trump released a seven point healthcare plan outline that he wanted Congress to adopt. As far as I can tell, the only parts of his proposals that showed up in either the House or…"
"Cool your jets. This hill ain't worth dying on. Let it slide, but make damn sure your emails actually get sent. (I had a similar 'went to draft' email situation when I went to Windows 10. A number, but not all,…"
"Just don't let the hobby take over and run your life to the exclusion of all else. You do want to have provenance on stuff. There's lots of reproduction stuff around, especially since "military recreating" became a…"
"Were i want to get at is less the lying part and more the part were we put other people under pressure. From the business perspective it makes perfect sense to put people under pressure so they make deadlines so your projects or your company…"