My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle Harold was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and had 13 battle jumps. Harold was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Incidentally, Uncle Harold's great-great-grandfather was from Spain, and a member of Napoleon's Grand Army. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Views: 262

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"I don't pay much attention to stump speeches, always believing that when the candidate's lips are moving, it's lies and exaggerations."
12 minutes ago
Daniel replied to James's discussion When can a kid pick his own damn hairstyle?!
"Having a hair nazi parent is not one of those things you look back on as an adult and appreciate, because it's less about the job of raising a good human, and more about Mom's image. The kid knows that, and will remember that."
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
3 hours ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Russians and Nazi Frogs are coming for her."
4 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"You speak of political humor and you don't even mention Hillary's alt right speech? Pepe is inside her mind now, taking root."
7 hours ago
Native Son replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"This has been a week for political humor. First, we have Republican legislators screaming about the FBI "not investigating" some 14,500 emails from the Hillary servers.  Uh, who do they think found, reconstructed, and delivered those…"
9 hours ago
Native Son replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Agree wholly with the concept, differ on the detail (Not a gin drinker)."
9 hours ago
Northumbrian replied to James's discussion When can a kid pick his own damn hairstyle?!
"If I had a kid, I'd let them pick their own hairstyle, just as long as it isn't the mullet, the Afro, or a huge beehive hairstyle"
18 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service