My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Views: 262

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

Anders Kanten replied to Larry Boettcher's discussion Multi Colored Beard in the group Men with Beards
1 hour ago
Anders Kanten commented on Bill Teeple's group Manly Hats!
"Just got my akubra:)"
1 hour ago
Anders Kanten replied to Dakota Caraway's discussion Paying off Student loans
"Loan consolidation is the word I was looking for, yes. If you do not seek out those ads but arrange a meeting in your bank and ask for it, or atleast, your options. That might help a lot. If you could loan the…"
1 hour ago
Liam Strain replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion Privilege is invisible to those who have it
" It is if part of why they think they are suspicious, is because they are black.  But such a thing is very hard to demonstrate. I disagree with stop and frisk on constitutional grounds - regardless of the races involved.  "
2 hours ago
Milo Morris replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion Privilege is invisible to those who have it
" That's true."
2 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion Privilege is invisible to those who have it
"Did I say "all"? No. I'm not an idiot.  Poor people in the inner city don't drive much. "
2 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion Privilege is invisible to those who have it
"If we're talking about being stopped without cause ... then I was as much of a victim as anyone.  Might've gone differently for a bunch of reasons -- if my license or insurance hadn't checked out, if I'd had booze or drugs…"
2 hours ago
Vendetta replied to Vendetta's discussion Catholic going to a different Church? in the group Christian Men
"I definitely agree. The best catholic priests I have ever had have been the youthful, new to the "clothe" type priest.  I don't think there is a priest within reasonable driving range under the age of 70 around my parts."
2 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service