My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Views: 262

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to Tyler M.'s discussion Freezer/Microwave Meals
"You're not a man unless you like beefaroni."
39 minutes ago
Carpe-315 updated their profile
41 minutes ago
Carpe-315 posted a discussion

Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Careers

Any of you lads or lassies in the Supply chain/logistics field? I am nearly 100% certain this is my next career move.Currently I'm working in project management, energy incentives. I have no formal training in logistics other than two books I have read by Simchy-Levi.Can I ask what the general intellectual requirements are; big picture versus detail etc.Any advice on the major industry organizations, APICS, CSCMP. Is it worth it to have a pricey cert when entering the field?Assuming you have…See More
45 minutes ago
Sir replied to Tyler M.'s discussion Freezer/Microwave Meals
48 minutes ago
Todd Serveto replied to Tyler M.'s discussion Freezer/Microwave Meals
"Think of three categories:  I. Meat, II. Sides you have to cook: (starches/legumes), and III. sides you don't have to cook (canned vegetables, salad greens, etc.).  Cook a few things from categories I and II and keep them in your…"
1 hour ago
DY324 replied to Sir's discussion Is it manly to own a cat?
"Only if you are in a James Bond film."
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Tyler M.'s discussion Freezer/Microwave Meals
"Get a Foreman grill and an extension cord.  Cook outside your door.  When I lived in the barracks I got a panini press.  Gave me two griddles to work with.  The one time anyone gave me any shit I was able to argue it away because…"
1 hour ago
Specs replied to Tyler M.'s discussion Freezer/Microwave Meals
"Find an asian market and get the good kind of ramen noodles.  None of that nonsense sold at the grocery stores."
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service