My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle Harold was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and had 13 battle jumps. Harold was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Incidentally, Uncle Harold's great-great-grandfather was from Spain, and a member of Napoleon's Grand Army. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Views: 262

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

Karl Helweg replied to Ben Pedersen's discussion Shooting Competitions
"It is a blast and the other shooters are a great bunch of trouble makers to hang out with. Last moth one of our shooters sold his old kit: 2 Stoger .45LC Peacemaker clones, a Marlin .45 lever gun, and a 12 ga coach gun for a flat thousand. …"
45 minutes ago
Josh left a comment for Juan Gabriel
"thanks for your request!"
1 hour ago
Dean Roberts updated their profile
1 hour ago
Vendetta replied to GK's discussion Fear of abandonment
"Hey GK, Jealousy is perfectly normal. Perfectly normal, but something that should be worked on and prevented.I don't have any form of abandonment issue and have dealt with relationship ending jealousy issues in the past (high school and into…"
1 hour ago
Steve Dallas replied to Sam K's discussion Materialism and Marxism in the group The Great Debate
"Sir, The problem isn't with everyone on the site universally telling Sam that a croc sandle carries more water than his definitions/arguments, it is that everyone on this site is wrong"
1 hour ago
QuackXP replied to GK's discussion Fear of abandonment
"Have you considered talking to a professional therapist? If this was just some lack of confidence thing I would say you ahve a good start. But this issue seem much older and deeper. I've dealt with a few personality issues throughout the…"
1 hour ago
Carl Monster replied to Dean Roberts's discussion First Impressions - Go Bold or Below the Radar
"Writing of mustaches, Chuck, your beard ROCKS! Good for you."
1 hour ago
BKB updated their profile
2 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service