My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

John Lee Pettimore replied to Mike Bernstein's discussion Can a leather jacket be altered this way?
"If I were you I'd post it on styleforum.net and then take the proceeds and buy one that fits. If you find someone to tailor it you'll probably pay more to have it altered than it's worth."
10 minutes ago
Mike Bernstein posted a discussion

Can a leather jacket be altered this way?

Six years ago I received a quality leather jacket as a wedding gift... I can't find an exact match, but it was Tom Tailor brand and pretty close to this, aside from some superficial design changes like more pockets in the front.. The basic structure, material, and cut should be the same.Now I'm a shorter, muscular guy at around 5'7", and when closed the jacket's elastic waist settles on my…See More
41 minutes ago
Will replied to Ian Wilson's discussion So what is the point of all this? in the group Out to Build Bridges
"Despite himself, he's built bridges.  We all have a common preference now."
52 minutes ago
Will replied to Chu Kim's discussion Ruled by Women
"In such a case, "mariage" has two different meanings.  (Actually, way more:  http://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/mariage/49471, or…"
1 hour ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Ian Wilson's discussion So what is the point of all this? in the group Out to Build Bridges
"Figures. Lazy."
1 hour ago
Walter B. Pewen replied to Ian Wilson's discussion So what is the point of all this? in the group Out to Build Bridges
"Just proved your stripes, John. None."
1 hour ago
Jeremy posted a photo

1967_vw_bus_01

VW Microbus.
1 hour ago
Jeremy posted a photo

jeremy2221

Me at the health food store wearing one of my flat caps.
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service