My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Grandmother and Great Uncle - Circa 1944

My Great Uncle was a paratrooper in World War II. He was a sergeant and squad leader in the 82nd Airborne Division and was awarded a Purple Heart. He fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge. Fly the American Flag with pride!

Comment by Big City on November 11, 2012 at 10:55pm

Remembering my great uncle on Veterans Day (who fought in the Normandy Invasion and The Battle of the Bulge) as well as all who have so bravely served this country. Fly the American Flag with pride!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

P.S. My great uncle's generation is often billed as "The Greatest Generation". Click here to read an inspirational article here at The Art of Manliness entitled 7 Lessons in Manliness From the Greatest Generation.

Latest Activity

J. R. Thompson posted a discussion

Introduction

Hello everyone,My name is Josh. Although I am a new member, I have been reading and watching AoM for years.About me: I'm 18 years old, I live in the mountains of Virginia, I'm an Eagle Scout, I love doing anything outdoors related but I also enjoy things like cooking and reading good books (and great websites like AoM). I'm just starting college with the goal of graduating with a degree in mechanical engineering. I have two favorite quotes:"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the…See More
11 minutes ago
J. R. Thompson updated their profile
27 minutes ago
Will commented on Josh Allen's video
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - How To Sashay (HD)

"I see this as a fine basis for a Britcom.  Hunting for birds (it looks like) with the cane made me LOL. Compare to Mrs. Bucket (Keeping Up Appearances), or To the Manor Born, or the defunct Web "advice columnist" Sir Charles…"
46 minutes ago
J. R. Thompson joined oracle989's group
Thumbnail

Fishermen

Love to fish? Come on in! Share tips, tricks, or just your best fish tales.
46 minutes ago
Benjamin Poltz replied to Benjamin Poltz's discussion A quick introduction about me
"Thank you. The tux was for a friends wedding."
49 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to John Muir's discussion Balance
"Search the main site for balance and a good strength/balance article comes up. I do some of the exercises for my assistance work."
49 minutes ago
P. Stevenson replied to M Pumpernickel's discussion Can owning a cat be manly?
"Didn't even think that owning a particular type of a pet could be manly or not, you own a pet that you would like. That's all)"
1 hour ago
P. Stevenson replied to Rob --'s discussion 22 year old wanting a style change?
"Dear Rob,i think that it would be better for us to give advice if you provide your photos here)In general, i would just say that you probably need to go to the gym to keep you fit, maybe start a diet? and get a modern haircut :)"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service