Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Josh Allen on August 29, 2014 at 10:27am
Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Yep, that's me.

Comment by Steve Dallas on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Put me in the camp that says fuck that idiotically stupid ice bucket challenge

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 2:23pm

Fair enough.
So you're the greedy rich folk the liberals tell me about?

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:16pm

Well, PH not expressing himself well isn't exactly new. :-/

That being said: The express reason I did donate is because of the unique approach. Our main charity is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 70% of our charitable donations each year are earmarked for them. 20% goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. The remainder ends up as girl scout cookies, HS football team discount cards, etc.

Comment by Cthulhu's Revenge on August 25, 2014 at 2:15pm

Careful JLP, using 'Puss' might offend that feminist John Moser

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:57pm

Exactly, Nathanael. Thanks.

Comment by Nathanael on August 25, 2014 at 1:49pm

Eh, I sorta get PH on this, though I don't think he's expressing himself well.  This model of fundraising via social pressure to publicly donate negligible amounts of money (per person, the cumulative total can be pretty large) to one particular cause is annoying, narcissistic and self-congratulatory.  And the pressure to join in is obnoxious.  My visceral reaction is something like: fuck you, my charitable donations are none of your business, and I'm not going to give something to a cause I otherwise wouldn't just because they have a trendy fundraising approach.

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 1:18pm

Jesus H. Christ. "Mildly forceful". Sack up and send $10. In fact, go to alsa.org right now and donate $10 for being a puss.

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:09pm

See, he still donated. If someone were to nominate me, and I did neither, I would be shamed for being such a miser. Sounds mildly forceful to me.

Latest Activity

Alberto joined Tom Gunn's group
Thumbnail

Manly Mnemonists

This group aspires to share information and tips regarding mind palaces and other memorizing strategies both competitive and practical.See More
14 minutes ago
Max commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Because the tides would happen without the moon.... riiiiggghhttt..."
18 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"Rick please go ahead and write that book, I myself am writing a book right now based upon Lamatology, secret societies, mainstream lies, space, teleportation etc etc. It will change the world as we know it, you talk about changing reality that is…"
32 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"I understand that failing to pay eventually gets your shit taken by the IRS or State.  Savings accounts and insurance policies don't work that way. JB"
34 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"That's the saddest thing you've ever posted here."
43 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"I'm not enslaved John, I am free because I have realized my true potential that so many people neglect most of their lives. You included."
48 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"I'm just trying to figure out what you do and don't understand about taxes - what with you being a tax attorney and all"
52 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"Condescension isn't necessary.  If you can't tell the difference between a savings account and an unemployment check, it also isn't warranted. JB"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service