Josh100LuBu - How To Sashay

Views: 505

Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Josh100LuBu on August 29, 2014 at 10:27am
Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Yep, that's me.

Comment by Steve Dallas on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Put me in the camp that says fuck that idiotically stupid ice bucket challenge

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 2:23pm

Fair enough.
So you're the greedy rich folk the liberals tell me about?

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:16pm

Well, PH not expressing himself well isn't exactly new. :-/

That being said: The express reason I did donate is because of the unique approach. Our main charity is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 70% of our charitable donations each year are earmarked for them. 20% goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. The remainder ends up as girl scout cookies, HS football team discount cards, etc.

Comment by Cthulhu's Revenge on August 25, 2014 at 2:15pm

Careful JLP, using 'Puss' might offend that feminist John Moser

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:57pm

Exactly, Nathanael. Thanks.

Comment by Nathanael on August 25, 2014 at 1:49pm

Eh, I sorta get PH on this, though I don't think he's expressing himself well.  This model of fundraising via social pressure to publicly donate negligible amounts of money (per person, the cumulative total can be pretty large) to one particular cause is annoying, narcissistic and self-congratulatory.  And the pressure to join in is obnoxious.  My visceral reaction is something like: fuck you, my charitable donations are none of your business, and I'm not going to give something to a cause I otherwise wouldn't just because they have a trendy fundraising approach.

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 1:18pm

Jesus H. Christ. "Mildly forceful". Sack up and send $10. In fact, go to alsa.org right now and donate $10 for being a puss.

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:09pm

See, he still donated. If someone were to nominate me, and I did neither, I would be shamed for being such a miser. Sounds mildly forceful to me.

Latest Activity

Brad Williams replied to Chatmonkey's discussion Trying to breakout of my 'Mental Prison'
"haha, maybe I made too big a deal of it. I always had all the provisions I needed to last me for a while, and if you are off trail but you know 10 miles to the north there is a trail running east-west, then if you head north eventually you must…"
1 hour ago
Jon Mortensen replied to Ammon Beckstrom's discussion If, When, and Where? in the group LDS Men
"Lots of nice people and things to do, I missed the snow during the winter, other than that Kennewick was a blast, Made some very good friends there."
2 hours ago
bobby clyde posted a status
2 hours ago
Sean Mullen replied to Cory Ross's discussion Audio Renaissance: The Art of Manly Music
"Anathema, Aeon Zen, Animals As Leaders, Ayreon, Between The Buried And Me, Canvas Solaris, Cea Sarin, Circus Maximus, The Contortionist, Cynic, DGM, Disillusion, Disperse, The Flower Kings, Fountainhead, Ne Obliviscaris, The Ocean, Riverside,…"
2 hours ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Matthew Martino's discussion Getting Published
"So all I have to do is just convince the publisher my book is golden?"
2 hours ago
N. Vest replied to Naveen's discussion Information needed for proper Sandbaglifting technique
"https://www.onnit.com/onnit-sandbags/ Go to the bottom of the page they've got a bunch of work out videos with the sandbag"
2 hours ago
Daniel Rodriguez posted photos
3 hours ago
Profile IconLiam Strain and David Desjardins joined Thomas Patrick's group
Thumbnail

Luthiers

Group for those with an interest in guitar, bass, violin, etc, making.See More
3 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service