Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Josh Allen on August 29, 2014 at 10:27am
Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Yep, that's me.

Comment by Steve Dallas on August 25, 2014 at 2:35pm

Put me in the camp that says fuck that idiotically stupid ice bucket challenge

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 2:23pm

Fair enough.
So you're the greedy rich folk the liberals tell me about?

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 2:16pm

Well, PH not expressing himself well isn't exactly new. :-/

That being said: The express reason I did donate is because of the unique approach. Our main charity is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 70% of our charitable donations each year are earmarked for them. 20% goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. The remainder ends up as girl scout cookies, HS football team discount cards, etc.

Comment by Cthulhu's Revenge on August 25, 2014 at 2:15pm

Careful JLP, using 'Puss' might offend that feminist John Moser

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:57pm

Exactly, Nathanael. Thanks.

Comment by Nathanael on August 25, 2014 at 1:49pm

Eh, I sorta get PH on this, though I don't think he's expressing himself well.  This model of fundraising via social pressure to publicly donate negligible amounts of money (per person, the cumulative total can be pretty large) to one particular cause is annoying, narcissistic and self-congratulatory.  And the pressure to join in is obnoxious.  My visceral reaction is something like: fuck you, my charitable donations are none of your business, and I'm not going to give something to a cause I otherwise wouldn't just because they have a trendy fundraising approach.

Comment by Leto Atreides II on August 25, 2014 at 1:18pm

Jesus H. Christ. "Mildly forceful". Sack up and send $10. In fact, go to alsa.org right now and donate $10 for being a puss.

Comment by Pale Horse on August 25, 2014 at 1:09pm

See, he still donated. If someone were to nominate me, and I did neither, I would be shamed for being such a miser. Sounds mildly forceful to me.

Latest Activity

Will commented on Will's group New Warriors
"We do have that problem, that people are loyal to persons rather than to principles, at times, and I had an awful experience of public humiliation I won't go into here, in my community.  But not in my I-group.  I made a complaint…"
14 minutes ago
Upside down bloke commented on Will's group New Warriors
"It's a shame as I loved the initiation. I am going to attend another mens groups and hope that maybe this will be a more supportive initiation for me. I was very keen on MKP and thought before PIT that I had found the supportive group of men…"
24 minutes ago
Upside down bloke replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Hey fellas, I think those groups your discussing are okay.   Our western society limits men's self expression where showing physical affection to other men or baring one's body is not always seen as proper.  Therefore some men…"
39 minutes ago
Carl Monster commented on Will's group New Warriors
"Sorry to hear that; I've heard some groups are run with that sort of thing."
46 minutes ago
LTG Melchizedek A. Shabazz-El updated their profile
2 hours ago
Kai Höregott replied to Upside down bloke's discussion Nature of relationships
"I believe that a relationship does work if you really want it to work. I am married for one and a half years now, but know my wife and am together with her as a couple for more than 10 years. And this works very well. My parents also got divorced.…"
5 hours ago
Upside down bloke commented on Will's group New Warriors
"I was let down as the trainer did not remember me or my journey. He was very powerful and everyone was subservient to him. He put me in my place and I realised mkp was not open to negative feelings toward him or the processes. Kindness and care was…"
5 hours ago
Joshua Whitworth commented on Cory's group Teachers and Educators
"I'm not a teacher yet, I'm still a college student. I am planning on being an English teacher and football coach. Is there any other like this in here?"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service