Comment

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Allen Winston Cook on July 18, 2014 at 4:36am

Karl, That was a pretty good landing! 

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 17, 2014 at 11:55pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgDtcw5gL1w

I was in the back filming this approach to Gustavus not the one who came in too steep.  

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 17, 2014 at 11:50am

We were just flying over Glacier Bay yesterday.  There was an orca splashing up a storm and jumping almost completely out of the water.  Blacker than most.  My ipad just cannot capture these videos well enough.  :-(  We resisted buzzing the two cruise ships there. 

I live in Juneau and am currently hangaring my plane in Gustavus (MUCH cheaper than Juneau) to do her annual.  I am going to resist talking about airplane maintenance endlessly.  She should be singed off as airworthy again in August when the inspector is available. 

Comment by Allen Winston Cook on July 15, 2014 at 3:11pm

yes it was Karl, I was there last summer, sailed in glacier bay and flew out of Juneau as well have you been on a similar flight?

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 15, 2014 at 12:40pm

Was that out of Juneau? 

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"This should be good."
4 minutes ago
Josh Allen replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"You are what you eat I suppose."
6 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"Love thy neighbor: Leviticus 19:18, Matthew 22:39, Mark 12:31 (actually commands this). Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus commanded that (someone) love God with all his heart. Just a few examples."
8 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Some Indian women are very attractive, like what's her name on "The Big Bang Theory"."
17 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Maybe they have something else on their hands too."
19 minutes ago
TheCommishGordon replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"Or check out Hillsong in Australia... Brain Houston is not running short on a supply of testosterone filled preaching. But a lot of that is just Australia in general I suppose"
20 minutes ago
TheCommishGordon replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"Well.... see ya guys later... looks like I'm heading to this church. Just kidding ;)"
22 minutes ago
Teefs S. left a comment for Pedro Angel Serrano
"Thanks for the post with Fred Rogers .... very thoughtful and well spoken.  I always love your photos/posts ! "
22 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service