Flying High!

Views: 59

You need to be a member of Art of Manliness to add comments!

Join Art of Manliness

Comment by Allen Winston Cook on July 18, 2014 at 4:36am

Karl, That was a pretty good landing! 

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 17, 2014 at 11:55pm

I was in the back filming this approach to Gustavus not the one who came in too steep.  

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 17, 2014 at 11:50am

We were just flying over Glacier Bay yesterday.  There was an orca splashing up a storm and jumping almost completely out of the water.  Blacker than most.  My ipad just cannot capture these videos well enough.  :-(  We resisted buzzing the two cruise ships there. 

I live in Juneau and am currently hangaring my plane in Gustavus (MUCH cheaper than Juneau) to do her annual.  I am going to resist talking about airplane maintenance endlessly.  She should be singed off as airworthy again in August when the inspector is available. 

Comment by Allen Winston Cook on July 15, 2014 at 3:11pm

yes it was Karl, I was there last summer, sailed in glacier bay and flew out of Juneau as well have you been on a similar flight?

Comment by Karl Helweg on July 15, 2014 at 12:40pm

Was that out of Juneau? 

Latest Activity

Fabricante posted a discussion

For The Gamers In Your Life

Christmas is coming. The Geese are getting fat.I have been out of Christmas shopping for a couple of years. I was out to dinner with my two buddies and I was trying to get a handle on what they are eying for electronics this year. They are both into video games and each has there own custom built computer.I was originally going to see if I can get a headphone amplifier from Mayflower electronics but the price was just way up there. But I like the idea of a head phone amplifier. What are some…See More
31 minutes ago
Andrew Reynolds joined Blaine Wright's group

Greatest Guitarists

"A guitar is a very personal extension of the person playing it. You have to be emotionally and spiritually connected to your instrument."-Eddie van HalenThis is a public group for discussions on who you believe is the best lead guitarist. Any kind of guitar is permitted for discussion (Electric, acoustic, resonator, baritone, etc...), just not bass. See More
1 hour ago
Walter Hutson updated their profile
1 hour ago
Nate replied to Mongoose's discussion Glitter Beards, the New Trend!!!
"You've got to be kidding me!"
3 hours ago
Daniel replied to 2risewhenfallen's discussion Opinions Needed on Love Letter to an.... Ex
"I third that motion. I've been in the same situation. The romanticism of the past and the heartache is amplified due to the fact you haven't seen anyone else since. time x lonliness squared = nostalgia time x new relationship(s) squared =…"
9 hours ago
Rob joined Jace Mullen's group

For all of those who live in California. whether its Nor*Cal or So*Cal San Diego or San Fransico
9 hours ago
Brother Joseph posted a discussion

Christmas Traditions

This year we went into the mountains and cut down our own Christmas tree. This has been a fun tradition, everything from getting up @3:00am to go get the permit to getting stuck in the snow and have to rely on shovels, sweat, ingenuity, and kind strangers to get unstuck. What are some of the other Christmas traditions y'all enjoy?
11 hours ago
Brother Joseph replied to 2risewhenfallen's discussion Opinions Needed on Love Letter to an.... Ex
"My two cents is take a shot. It never hurts to try, just mentally prepare yourself for potential rejection."
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service