The GAMERS group is a place to discuss anything related to video gaming. Whether it’s casual gaming, Old skool gaming, PC gaming, Console gaming, Game rumors, Tip/Tricks, Computer setups or just connecting with people who enjoy playing video games.
Sixty-eight percent of American households play computer or video games.
- The average game player is 35 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- Forty percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (34 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).
- In 2009, 25 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.
- Thirty-seven percent of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.
- Eighty-four percent of all games sold in 2008 were rated “E” for Everyone, “T” for Teen, or “E10+” for Everyone 10+. For more information on game ratings, please see www.esrb.org.
- Ninety-two percent of game players under the age of 18 report that their parents are present when they purchase or rent games.
- Sixty-three percent of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.
- The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 40 years old.
Sites to check out: