Union Brothers

A group for union members and family to discuss all issues labor related.

Members: 12
Latest Activity: Jul 11

Sites to Know

Change to Win

Industrial Workers of the World

International Labor Organization

Discussion Forum

Introduction/Union Roll Call

Started by Philip Rodney Moon. Last reply by Philip Rodney Moon Sep 4, 2011. 5 Replies

Hello Brothers/Sisters. This is the place to introduce yourself to the group. If you are a current/former/retired member of a union introduce yourself and tell us your union. If you are not a union…Continue

Tags: UAW, union, labor

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of Union Brothers to add comments!

Comment by Jeff "Jeffro" Kylberg on June 4, 2015 at 7:11pm

Hello Brethren, I am an IBEW member in LU 520 for about 32 years now.

Comment by Ric on May 9, 2014 at 1:00pm

19 year member of IBEW Local 567 Portland Maine

Comment by Walter B. Pewen on March 22, 2014 at 2:59pm

Oh, and yeah, my Grandfather was an outstanding carpenter courtesy of the Carpenter's Union, and a couple of my uncles.  Masculine Autonomy, boys.

Comment by Walter B. Pewen on March 22, 2014 at 2:35pm

"Masculine Autonomy"-good term.  A couple of members of my family were women in Teamsters.  Still applies.  Autonomy.  Not service economy subservient class.

Comment by Philip Rodney Moon on December 27, 2012 at 1:11am

Class Dismissed - How TV Frames the Working Class!

Comment by Scott Fitzgerald on March 22, 2012 at 9:15am
Hi all, my name is Scott Fitzgerald. I am a member of the NALC local 89.
Comment by Philip Rodney Moon on March 11, 2012 at 5:10pm

"“If the company could no longer deliver on the promise of a family wage and masculine autonomy,” she writes, “the union would.” A link about union organzing 75 years ago

Comment by Philip Rodney Moon on February 8, 2012 at 3:08am

\Work connects us all - A message from America's unions

Comment by Philip Rodney Moon on November 22, 2011 at 12:26pm

Richard Trumka is profiled as one of Esquire's "Americans of the Year". Read the interview of his thoughts on the current state of affairs and the labor movement's goals in addressing them.

Story here

Comment by Philip Rodney Moon on October 31, 2011 at 4:23am
For your consideration, brothers,here is a piece from Alternet from August summarizing some union vi.... From furniture workers in union-hostile Virginia to IWW Wobblies making organizing gains at Starbucks.

Members (12)

Latest Activity

Liam Strain replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"During sex. "
32 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"Bond was a man of action, not words. His crass were via his gestures like this little love tap here."
50 minutes ago
Jeff Gortney replied to Brother Joseph's discussion Getting Set Up in the group The Manly Art of Amateur (Ham) Radio
"Brother Joseph, First off Good luck on the test.  First off, I am assuming you are going to get your technician license.  The most popular bands in Amateur Radio are 2 Meters and 70 CM.  I was licensed back in 1996 when I was a…"
54 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Mongoose's discussion Glitter Beards, the New Trend!!!
"Hopefully it will catch on, then the guys who do it will get bored of it and have to shave off their beards to get rid if it, then maybe we'll see the end of metrosexual beards. I think there should be a cop with an axe, log, and razor. He…"
59 minutes ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA joined Brian Burnham's group

Remembering Dad

This is a group for men who have lost their fathers. It is a place to mourn, celebrate, and remember our fathers and a place for men to share experiences and draw strength from one another.See More
1 hour ago
jacksbuddy replied to certified male's discussion Walking around the house naked
"Step away from this place for a while, and the threads go into weird directions. Now back to the subject at hand, so to speak. Tis your castle, sir.  If you wish to amble around the great hall au natural while yodeling!  That is your…"
1 hour ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA replied to Dan Coats's discussion Favorite Cigars? in the group The Smoking Lounge
"I managed a B&M for six years while in college and grad school. With that said, I have some questions before I make suggestions: 1. Do you have a size preference? 2. How much time will you have to smoke a cigar? 3. What is the setting? Social?…"
1 hour ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA added a discussion to the group Real Shaving

Shave Ready Straight

Does anyone have a source for quality, shave ready straights?I am not looking to spend a fortune, because I don't care about inlay handles, or blades.I do however, want a quality blade that has a nice weight to it, and looks classy.See More
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service