Information

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.

Location: The beach, the jogging trail, or wherever else we want.
Members: 194
Latest Activity: 22 hours ago

Discussion Forum

Shirtless career

Started by Greatman. Last reply by Ray 22 hours ago. 21 Replies

Dear shirtless friends,are you shirtless as often as possible since your youth, or have you just begun being shirtless in your middle age? I was happy to be on the road shirtless even as a boy, and…Continue

My story

Started by Mark Sanderson. Last reply by Cutting Moulton May 24. 11 Replies

Hi. I'm new here & thought I would give some background about myself. It turned out longer than I expected!I was always one of the little, scrawny kids in class growing up. A natural introvert I…Continue

Taking a nature walk...barechested

Started by Chris J.. Last reply by Poe Dameron May 17. 17 Replies

Last weekend, I went on from a peaceful nature walk through woods without a shirt on, and I just wanted to say it was one of the greatest experiences I had outdoors. I was alone, just exploring…Continue

Are You the Initiator or the Follower?

Started by Tim. Last reply by Greatman May 2. 18 Replies

Some questions to pose to my shirtless bros on AoM: If you are hanging out with or doing something physical (yardwork, exercise, etc) with your buddies are you usually the first one shirtless? Or do…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of The Shirtless Man to add comments!

Comment by Bruce Uall on March 21, 2011 at 7:54pm
Hey Carl, Welcome to the group. Nice to hear you've found that joining the group helps you deal with your shirtless "comfort zone". Since I began this group I've found it fascinating how many different attitudes and emotions people bring to the simple condition of either wearing or not wearing a shirt among friends, family, colleagues and the general public. I, too, was a virtual stick-man in my youth, but when I didn't need a shirt I often didn't wear one, without giving it a thought. I guess the difference between you and I is simply what we grew up doing among our friends and family when we were kids. What DID make me start thinking about, though, it was that it's becoming less accepted and less commonplace.  Now ,with increased gentrification (shirtless equals lower-class), excessive air-conditioning everywhere, body-image near-paranoia (I'm too fat/too thin/not muscular, etc.), erroneous health concerns (eeeew! sweat and germs!) and erroded masculine self-confidence (what will they think of me?), we have to concern ourselves with the appropriateness of going without a shirt in almost any situation.  Sadly, shirtlessness has become a statment, whether intended or not, rather than just a way to dress in casual situations and/or warm conditions. Keep exploring confidently outside that comfort zone and pretty soon it'll be just second nature
Comment by Carl Monster on March 8, 2011 at 10:43am

I admire Eric's cheek. I still suffer from a lifetime of negative body image, so shirtless for me is way out of my comfort zone.

That's why I joined this, lol.

Comment by Eric on March 8, 2011 at 10:22am
OK, I changed my profile picture after reading Carl's comment that ends in feeling "very proud of my hard work".  I did pause to wonder how others may judge this type of foto.  I used to drive my convertible shirtless until I had a white strip across my chest from the seatbelt. Once I went through a fast food drive through and the kid working the window called her friends over which made me very uncomfortable.
Comment by Carl Monster on March 5, 2011 at 1:54pm
I lived for decades as a painfully thin man, and in my middle years took up weight training. Just before turning 47 last summer, at my mother's house my nephew and I got soaking wet in a thunderstorm and had to take our shirts off. Mouths dropped when my family saw me shirtless; to be honest, I was more buff than my 18 year old nephew. Since then I've been very proud of my hard work, and shirtless has become the best way of showing it off
Comment by Orion Mervin M. Yoshida on November 17, 2010 at 6:34am
sometimes it gets too hot here in the philippines.....
being shirtless is the answer to the heat
Comment by Bruce Uall on November 8, 2010 at 11:03pm
I want Shirtless Man group members to realize how essential shirtlessness is to true manliness. Take a look to the right. Note that the AoM advertisment for T-shirts includes a drawing of a guy with no shirt. How ironic and how telling is THAT! Cheers guys, Bruce
Comment by Scott L Ferrell on October 25, 2010 at 3:21pm
I have been shirtless for the last week, just a pair of sweatpants, I cannot begin to tell you how good that feels, I have also started to sleep naked, that is also a great male feeling. Keep up the good work.
Comment by Scott L Ferrell on June 4, 2010 at 9:46am
I would like to ride around in my car withou a shirt, but I dont want to sweat on leather seats. I have started to use a straight razor this morning, of course shaved without a shirt.
Comment by William Sapp on June 1, 2010 at 1:05pm
actually i think being shirtless is sexy...love to ride around in my car without a shirt on...
Comment by Scott L Ferrell on May 24, 2010 at 11:41am
I love to be shirtless. After years of having a fat, soft body, at the age of 51. I am now a weight lifter and into martial arts. I have started to mow my lawn and wash the car without a shirt. I sit around the house without a shirt. I had no idea it could be so freeing.

Members (194)

Latest Activity

Lumberjoe replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
""I just feel that it should be easier for highly-skilled professionals from non-EU countries to come to the UK to work." What makes it difficult right now? Is the UK obligated to consider candidates from EU countries before non-EU…"
5 minutes ago
Tarquin Anstruther replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"horrendous for someone trying to make a life for themselves"
6 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Sir's discussion Polarization, "violent rhetoric" in the group The Great Debate
"That would be ideal. Somewhere along the line we seem to have lost respect for one another, and the desire to find a common ground. Nothing works when people won't find a common thread with which to build from..."
6 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Classic "guest worker" arrangement?"
7 minutes ago
Braeden 2.0 posted a discussion

The Horror of Day to Day Life

I was thinking about how with a change in perspective and the tone of language we used to describe something, we can easily make many day to day things into warped horror movie premises. Examples:When we eat meat and seafood, we are eating corpses. The terms meat and seafood basically exist because saying that we are eating corpses or flesh is really unpleasant sounding. We also say meat "went bad" or "spoiled" because actually describing it as flesh that has decomposed more than what we are…See More
9 minutes ago
David F. replied to Nick Martens's discussion Sleeping On The Ground
"Sounds like you where lacking kit, and using alcohol to lower your body temperature. I'm glad the worst of it was a cold night.    "
9 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Thank you. I don't really understand how it works, so I appreciate you going into detail about how being in the EU has affected you and your community."
9 minutes ago
Tarquin Anstruther replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Of course there are people there who are not rich. I'm not referring to Swiss people, I'm referring to people from other countries wanting to live there. There are people mainly from Turkey living there doing menial jobs but they are all…"
10 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service