Information

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.

Location: The beach, the jogging trail, or wherever else we want.
Members: 194
Latest Activity: on Wednesday

Discussion Forum

Shirtless career

Started by Greatman. Last reply by Ray on Wednesday. 21 Replies

Dear shirtless friends,are you shirtless as often as possible since your youth, or have you just begun being shirtless in your middle age? I was happy to be on the road shirtless even as a boy, and…Continue

My story

Started by Mark Sanderson. Last reply by Cutting Moulton May 24. 11 Replies

Hi. I'm new here & thought I would give some background about myself. It turned out longer than I expected!I was always one of the little, scrawny kids in class growing up. A natural introvert I…Continue

Taking a nature walk...barechested

Started by Chris J.. Last reply by Poe Dameron May 17. 17 Replies

Last weekend, I went on from a peaceful nature walk through woods without a shirt on, and I just wanted to say it was one of the greatest experiences I had outdoors. I was alone, just exploring…Continue

Are You the Initiator or the Follower?

Started by Tim. Last reply by Greatman May 2. 18 Replies

Some questions to pose to my shirtless bros on AoM: If you are hanging out with or doing something physical (yardwork, exercise, etc) with your buddies are you usually the first one shirtless? Or do…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of The Shirtless Man to add comments!

Comment by Salt Dragon on July 11, 2016 at 9:46pm

Just dropped off my car at 9.30 about a mile away and walked home shirtless through this middle class suburb. It's in the 80s and pitch dark and it felt great. 

Comment by Poe Dameron on July 2, 2016 at 6:55pm
I don't care for the Arizona heat but I always enjoy seeing shirtless men this time of year
Comment by Matt Eo on June 30, 2016 at 1:52am

I hate wearing a shirt in a warm rain, running or not!  A wet shirt makes it impossible to move comfortably, and feeling the water directly is so freeing.

Comment by Tim on June 23, 2016 at 11:00pm

Yeah man..I've ran shirtless during a warm summer rain..lots of fun and refreshing too! It's like taking a shower.

Comment by Salt Dragon on June 23, 2016 at 9:17am

Shirtless storm running sounds great!  When I lived in Munich I went out for a naked jog in a storm (near the nudist section of the park) and a shirtless run would be the next best thing.  Thanks for the idea.  Just gotta watch for lightning1  Sometimes however a little risk adds spice to life.  Who wants to sit in the basement every time a tornado watch is announced?

Comment by J. D. on June 23, 2016 at 8:47am

That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun, SD.  I always pull the shirt off when we get a direct hit by a storm and go out running around in it.  I love storms like other people dig skydiving or roller coasters or racecars.  It's what gives me my adrenaline rush.  And I've been doing it since I was 8 years old and continue to do it at nearly 40..

Comment by Salt Dragon on June 23, 2016 at 8:31am

Had a great shirtless experience yesterday.  We had a thunderstorm and when it was raining the worst I put on a pair of nylon trunks and flip flops, filled up a bucket with warm soapy water, went to the parking lot and washed my car.  It felt great!  Not only that, it was a lazy ass solution to a good car wash--no wetting or rinsing required.  Now if I can just figure out a way to do that inside without a vacuum cleaner.

Comment by J. D. on June 19, 2016 at 3:58am

Cool to see another dude on the site from Vegas.  Grew up here and know it well, though can't wait to leave it.

Comment by Kevin Allen on June 18, 2016 at 3:30pm

I really was not one to take off my shirt when i was a kid, even though many other boys in my neighborhood went shirtless.  Living in Las Vegas I wanted to be more comfortable during these long hot summers.  I joined a boxing gym and started doing boxing cardio workouts.  My goal was to get in good enough shape to go running in my neighborhood without a shirt.  In about two years I completed that goal.  Now I only go running without a shirt.  I now walk the dog without a shirt as well.  It is much more comfortable and I love it.  I was walking my dog last September in my neighborhood and there was a family in the park taking photos of their daughter in her homecoming dance dress.  The mother walks up to me and says, hello there, my daughter needs a date for the homecoming dance.  Was this because I was shirtless or did she like my german shepard?  Nobody ever says anything rude and people do seem to be inclined to talk to you.

Comment by Native Son on June 11, 2016 at 10:41am

To Brad Thompson--

If you think that was uncomfortable, wait until when your cardiologist prescribes an angiogram.  When that shaved area grows back it itches worse than regrowing chest hair.

Members (194)

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"I was a subsistence hunter for most of my adult life. I highly recommend putting yourself at the top of the food chain. Even if you're a vegetarian. You should know the work that goes into keeping you alive for a year."
6 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"I don't see how any Judeo-Christian or Darwinist could feel uncomfortable with eating meat. For each it's just a natural part of the ecosystem."
6 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Maybe it's just me ... but describing carnivorism as "eating flesh cut from corpses of conquered lower life-forms" still wouldn't strike me as at all horrific.  Just the reality of life.  Some life -- maybe even most --…"
7 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Y'all are pussies. You're supposed to grow out of that kind of squeamishness before puberty. And here I thought I'd found a thread on the horror of mundanity."
7 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Lumberjoe's discussion Some People Dislike The New LGBTQ(etc.) Pride Flag Because Racism in the group The Great Debate
"I generally divide political factions into four groups, simply because most people fall into one of these four groups whether they think they do or not. First and second are low-itelligence left and right. Both are vulgar followers who think…"
7 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Cody "Rooster" McDonnell's discussion Sailing Crew Needed
"If I were naive and carefree I'd pack my bag right now. Sounds like a blast. Godspeed."
8 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"@Jay What makes you think I'm going to go point by point to debunk your bullshit when you don't actually care? BTW, just glancing at it, the third on the list is bullshit too. @Dom He didn't say yes. He said, "ummm. I guess…"
11 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"Oh shit never mind. Guess I've been busier than I thought."
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service