Some questions to pose to my shirtless bros on AoM: If you are hanging out with or doing something physical (yardwork, exercise, etc) with your buddies are you usually the first one shirtless? Or do you wait till one or more of your buddies takes his shirt(s) off?

For me I have done both though I'm more of a follower..I find it easier to be shirtless if my buddy is already shirtless. For example some years back when I was doing lots of distance running, I trained regularly with a local running club. One hot summer's afternoon, we were having our weekly speed/interval training session on the track. When I arrived, there were a couple of guys there already warming up shirtless. I took my shirt off without hesitation. Many of the other guys followed and before long 90% of us dudes in the group were running barechested during the workout. 

Being the initiator is more challenging for me but it feels good for sure if I see others follow suit when I have my shirt off.

How bout you? Any interesting experiences to share? Any tips of becoming more of the guy that sets the trend for the rest to follow?

Views: 504

Replies to This Discussion

I always am the first one to be shirtless, most of the time my buddies don't follow my lead, so I'm the only one doing it.
I'd follow your lead every single time, because I'm obsessed with being bare chested as often as possible

I don't think it matters.  If I'm running or working out and it's hot and it's okay to take my shirt off, I take it off whether or not anyone else has his off. 

I was the initiator earlier this week at the gym. It was late and I was the only person there for quite a while so after some warm up sets the shirt came off. Later on a guy comes in, we exchanged greetings and then continued with our work outs. He didn't take his shirt off though the whole time. It'd be cool though if he followed my lead.

If I had walked in on you without a shirt on, I'd have taken off my shirt as well. Anytime I see a shirtless guy it makes me want to take my shirt off too

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Which stories provide the base generic thematic imagery of Asian literature? What are the headwaters from which it all flows? For Western literature it's the Bible and Greek Myth. With that foundation you can understand just about everything…"
16 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Another Brick in the Wall in the group The Great Debate
"Ah. Our form of government predates the left/right labels, so how we describe it is skewed from the rest of the world. Republicanism is, of course, a left wing form of government. But, because it's the only one we've ever had,…"
24 minutes ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Essential SF/Fantasy is way easier Foundation Canticle for Leibowitz Dawn/Imago/Adulthood Rites Lathe of Heaven Martian Chronicles Islands in the Net Neuromancer I, Robot Mote in God's Eye A Million Open Doors etc. Ender's Game/Speaker…"
40 minutes ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"I don't understand that question (even if not addressed to me, I want to know)."
47 minutes ago
Sir added a discussion to the group The Great Debate
Thumbnail

Spacefaring civilization

Somebody, apparently, is going to Mars -- or so the President and the Congress intend.https://futurism.com/us-government-issues-nasa-demand-get-humans-to-mars-by-2033/See More
47 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"What do you have to access Asian literature?"
54 minutes ago
Braeden replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"As a bonus my idea of essential fantasy. The Hobbit- JRR Tolkien  The Lord of the Rings- JRR Tolkien  A Song of Ice and Fire, the first three books- George RR Martin  Some Conan the Barbarian short stories from Robert E Howard Some…"
1 hour ago
Braeden replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Some essential Science Fiction in my opinion. Dune- Frank Herbert The Man in the High Castle- Phillip K Dick Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?- Phillip K Dick VALIS- Phillip K Dick The Left Hand Of Darkness- Ursula K Le Guin Hard to Be A God-…"
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service