Information

The Great Debate

"Iron sharpens iron." A place for men to impact each other by debate and exchange of ideas. This is a group where no ideas are off limits. If your motto is, "I never talk about politics or religion," this group is probably not for you. A "gym" for thinkers.

Members: 2005
Latest Activity: 1 hour ago

Discussion Forum

Iraqi genocide

Started by Will. Last reply by George A. Trosper 1 hour ago. 47 Replies

I know the sun will sooner set in the east than Democrats agree to boots on the ground to stop these atrocities (of which the systematic beheading of children is the most recent installment)... but…Continue

On Diversity

Started by Pale Horse. Last reply by Shane 4 hours ago. 28 Replies

Since travel has been more common and the rise of the internet, American kids, at least in the South, seem to be losing their accents, and along with it, their heritage. A culture is dying. Of course…Continue

Tags: culture, diversity, race

Trusting in the Faithfulness of God

Started by Herb Munson. Last reply by Shane yesterday. 15 Replies

Hello fellows. I was touched this morning by an exposition by Dr. Charles Stanley on the subject of God's faithfulness. God is faithful to believers and unbelievers alike. It is his nature. So, I…Continue

Tags: immutability, Stanley, In, Touch, veracity

Is it Manly to have a Sandy Vagina?

Started by John Lee Pettimore. Last reply by Native Son yesterday. 1 Reply

Is there a bad batch of Lithium floating around out there?Continue

Who's afraid of radical change?

Started by Titus Techera. Last reply by Titus Techera yesterday. 85 Replies

I have recently tried to make the case for conservatism as a matter of shame--& awareness of human evil, including humans who have the sense to be conservatives or friends of conservatism. Shame…Continue

What's going on in those heads

Started by Will. Last reply by Williamssen on Sunday. 79 Replies

It occurred to me that there is a pattern race riots in the US go through. * White man, usually a cop, kills or hurts a black person.  Riots ensue:  angry crowds gather, the police evacuate, and the…Continue

Should the salary of persons in the government be just above, or at, the poverty line?

Started by Daniel Rodriguez. Last reply by Jack Bauer Aug 26. 37 Replies

One can state that, for offices of government, that the Salary be no more than the poverty line. After all, politicians are public servants, not a job for money. Disagree, agree?I personally can see…Continue

Tags: governance., government, salary, pay, politics

When science goes bad

Started by Will. Last reply by Titus Techera Aug 26. 44 Replies

...or isn't science.I'm finishing up a book, something like When You Can Trust the Experts.  I don't recommend it; I think it's too limited.  But it does raise an interesting question.  Clinical…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of The Great Debate to add comments!

Comment by Chuck Knight on January 31, 2014 at 12:37am

You forgot another possibility, Lucius.  I have real life friends who also have AoM accounts.  It's possible to communicate using this old-fashioned sound-based system that predates the internet.  They used to call it talking to one another.

Comment by Lucius Artorius Castus on January 31, 2014 at 12:07am

"You couldn't know as much as you do without his telling you, but alas, you're account was made Thursday. "

Of course from the outside theres always the possiblity your 130 IQ is argueing with itself for attention.... 

Theres also the possibility that, like myself on many forums I frequent, he was lurking until something needed to be said...

Also its possible that another forum member saw what was missing and created a new persona to bring back what was missing from the site after your childish puppy following convinced JeD to leave, but didnt want to ruin their actual reputation on the site.

Also possible that 100 pounds of yeast gave John lee some visons...

Comment by Native Son on January 30, 2014 at 11:13pm

"Methinks he doth protest too much."

Comment by Pale Horse on January 30, 2014 at 12:22pm

1. As I stated before, he didn't tell me to stop. I got a message from Brett asking me to stop, but it was after a while. After that I did stop.

2. What lines or sayings?? Really, it must have been subconscious, because I don't remember copying him. You're the one saying "tl;dr. Sack up."

I'm pretty sure you're JeD now. You couldn't know as much as you do without his telling you, but alas, you're account was made Thursday. 

Comment by John Lee Pettimore on January 29, 2014 at 11:35am

Stalking is in the eye of the beholder. The fact that you continued to pvt msg JeD after he asked you to stop several times seems stalker-ish to me. Stealing his lines/sayings was just creepy.

Comment by Pale Horse on January 28, 2014 at 9:05pm

I was defending myself, Shields. He made a direct jab at me. Now let's be big boys and end this right now, 'kay?

I did miss his epic meme knowledge, Nate. That Blazing Saddles one was gold.

Comment by Steve Dallas on January 28, 2014 at 8:57pm

Keep the shit elsewhere Pale Horse, we don't give a damn

Comment by Nate Thallas on January 28, 2014 at 8:56pm

This is a grave day indeed... I can try to keep up the snark in his honor, but who will post the hilarious images and clips? And now, a moment of silence.

Comment by Pale Horse on January 28, 2014 at 8:55pm

I'm going to let the insinuation that I lied go, but I did NOT stalk him. When a fifty year old man acts like a kindergartner, he will blow up things. I only tried apologizing to him a few times about a mean comment I made. I did it more than once because he never responded, so I finally told him that I would just let it go. He did not tell me to leave him alone because he was too busy giving me the silent treatment a la estrogen. And what exactly did you hope to accomplish by starting this? Grow up.

Comment by John Lee Pettimore on January 28, 2014 at 8:41pm

Danger probably got tired of being stalked every time he came on AoM by an alleged 130 IQ member. Constantly having to close private chat windows can be really irritating.

Members (2005)

Latest Activity

Nathanael replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
""Who said anything about sins and repenting?" I did, because it seems to be a concept outside of your own psychological oddities.  You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression that what you're objecting to…"
5 minutes ago
John Bravo replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
"Bob... "So yes you will have trouble finding a girl with those values in the world we live in . so you change your values or you have trouble , that's your choices." Who is one as a man who adjusts his values simply to not be…"
7 minutes ago
John Bravo replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
""Value judgments" ? Liam, how do we not base judgment of others based on their actions? Be they positive or negative, good or bad??"
11 minutes ago
""A self-righteous prig like you doesn't deserve a woman who has honestly sinned and repented. " Who said anything about sins and repenting? The fact that you quickly resort to name-calling like this in a *discussion*…"
21 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to John Bravo's discussion I held out sex for love first....Why is it so hard to find a girl who's done the same?
"I generally agree. OP, from what you wrote, it seems like you have an objection to any woman who has "had sex outside of a loving relationship," regardless of whether this is something from years ago that she now regrets or something she…"
25 minutes ago
Stuart Charles replied to Stuart Charles's discussion Moneys... and what to do with em
"i plan on retiring very young :) Yeh, the 10k is more to cover for unemployment. I have a mortgage as well, so i want to be able to cover those repayments too. thanks :)"
36 minutes ago
Bob Brower replied to Andreias's discussion proactively dealing with anger
"I did not find it funny. The OP should find another website to find HE/SHE/IT'S help  OP PLEASE BLOCK ME IF YOU WANT I WOULD SEE IT AS AN HONOR !"
51 minutes ago
Penelope replied to Stuart Charles's discussion Moneys... and what to do with em
"With interest rates so low, consider putting a good chunk of that $10k into very safe securities, usually government bonds.  Also, consider whether you need a whole 6-month emergency fund as an Australian.  The…"
59 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service