Oh, what a contrast this shows, between leaders.

Wow!

Views: 484

Replies to This Discussion

Doesn't matter what they asked him.  He was legally bound to tell the truth.

He lied under oath.  A federal crime, in that particular instance.  And, a felony *is* grounds for impeachment *and* removal from office, in that order.

You may consider it frivolous...it may *be* frivolous.  But, it's also legal, and quite correct.

I don't disagree. I just don't think it can so casually be divorced from the farce that put him in that position in the first place.

If you're going to hold him up for the perjury. I'm going to hold up the other side for the hypocrisy of the whole damn thing in the first place. Both are shameful. Too bad only one was a crime. 

Didn't the US public debt climb under Reagan and GW Bush and then only begin to decline under Clinton? 

In part, yes. The exact how's and why's and rather or not they even count (The cold war, the deals made with the democratic congress, etc,) are all debatable, but as a percentage, national debt went up. Total tax REVENUES, as in sheer dollar amounts, went up significantly under Reagan, but he increased dramatically both infrastructure spending and defense spending. 

Now, some argue that the improvements in infrastructure and forcing the collapse of the Soviet Union set the foundation for the huge economic expansion in the 90s' and early 2000's (Which is my opinion), but it's an endless debate. 

I seem to recall the debt limit being raised when Reagan was in office - multiple times! And nobody threw a tantrum and threatened to start slitting throats. I seem to recall Ronald Reagan increasing the national debt with his Star Wars and other pet projects. I seem to recall George Bush, Sr. warning that decreasing revenues and increasing spending was "voodoo economics." No one listened. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Peter O'Reilly replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I work as a land surveyor.  For one year I had a fly in fly out job in northern Labrador, Canada.  If you want to talk about cold, come talk to me.  Try a cold where if you breathe in too quickly and deeply, ice crystals can form in…"
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Peter O'Reilly's discussion Fasting and Intermittant Fasting
"My default state is 16/8 IF. I've gone 30 days without food. I wouldn't recommend going for long on just water, too many health risks."
1 hour ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Yes and since that is their only team, it is everyone's team. It is like their professional football team."
1 hour ago
Peter O'Reilly posted discussions
2 hours ago
derick bean posted a status
9 hours ago
Paul H left a comment for Tarquin Anstruther
"Hey Tarq, sorry I had loaded up the page but was busy elsewhere! The wedding won't be until mid next year! Talk soon! "
10 hours ago
Luke Marrott updated their profile
10 hours ago
R. Max 2.0 replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Nebraska has a team? Must be 6 dudes and a goat. "
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service