Since it seems like somebody's Russian-equipped proxy has either upped the ante big time or committed the biggest aircraft identification blunders since the USS Vincennes "incident in 1988, does anyone want to weigh in on the festering mess? I've seen contradictory reporting, allegations of foul-ups by the Malaysian government, allegations of concealment from the Ukrainians, the Russians, the "separatists", and the US government, a bit of lion roaring from the Brits, and silence from the Malaysians.

And on this site, the crickets are deafening.

Anybody care to weigh in?

Views: 559

Replies to This Discussion

How is that Malaysian Air's fault? That is the standard commercial route and most airlines were not re-routing.

"And on this site, the crickets are deafening."

A single f was given for Israel / Gaza, either. 

What's there to say?  Palestinian government fires rockets into Israel to bait them into responding with force.  Israel responds.  Palestinians get indignant.  Lapdogs follow suit.  "How dare those evil Jews respond to our rockets?!?  The fascists are killing all the innocent people that that we put near our rocket launchers.  Netanyahu is Hitler reincarnated!"

Its all a Palestinian PR move.  Some buy it.  I don't.  About what you'd expect from a people that elected a terrorist organization.  Democracy ain't for everyone.

JB

'Zactly.

Well it is not like the Israel/Palestine conflict is anything new, it's been the same thing for years, just going on and on and on. The problem is Hamas is using civilians as human shields then when Israel retaliates against an attack civilians die and they become evil Zionist pigs, not that Israel doesn't give civilians fair warning to vacate the area. The solution is simple, Palestine has to accept a two state solution, this has been offered in the past on multiple occasions and each time the response to Israel's offer has been an attack or a war.

The problem isn't Hamas using human shields. The problem is an illegal occupation and the ongoing violation of basic human rights resulting in an asymetric conflict. And it's a chicken / egg situation. See South Africa for how it can be fixed. 

The one where the Jordanians took away the land given to the Palestinians.
Given by who?
The Brits. After they took over the Ottoman Empire.
So it was given to them by people who took it in the first place from people who stole it... Yet the recent takeover is the illegal one?
Something like that. Palestinians as an ethnicity are fairly well hated. Almost as hated as the Jews. See, that reagion hasn't had self rule since the Greeks owned it before the Jews circa 1500bce. Since then it's pretty much been one occupation after another.

When the Brits got ahold of it after WW1, they started partitioning it out. After WW2 they finished the job. Europeans are pretty well racist pricks, and they saw an opportunity to kick the Jews out of Europe. So the Brits gave Israel to the Jews, and Trans-Jordan to the Palestinians.

The Jordanians took pretty good offense to that, rebelled, and kicked the Palestinians out. Remember everyone hates Palestinians. So the Palestinians spent a generation or two wandering around the Middle East getting the shit kicked out of them everywhere they went before getting handed over to some other country to get the shit kicked out of them there.

Then there was this thing in the sixties where everyone tried to take over Israel. Israel instead took over a good portion of them.

The Jews finally took pity on the Palestinians and said, "Look cousin, you have ties to this land too. Come on and live with us. We just got some new land that used to be yours anyway." Which was cool. Until, like all asshole cousins, they started thinking they owned the whole place. And so now the Jews are the bad guys for figuring out why everyone thinks the Palestinians are dicks, and not putting up with it. Like everyone else didn't put up with it.

But now, because no one else can get back the land the Jews snatched up when everyone else invaded, they're all screaming about how the Jews stole the land from the Palestinians.
Yeah, I condensed 3500 years of history into a few paragraphs. Some eras may have been glossed over.

RSS

Latest Activity

Steve M replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
"Part of their job as the AIA, is to provide guidance to their members as it relates to best practices. Example, energy conservation is considered best practices.  These changes were brought about by manufacturers and special niche groups:…"
19 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
"Part of their job as the AIA, is to provide guidance to their members as it relates to best practices. And part of best practices, is navigating a changing political landscape. Arming your membership with some tools to deal with things that are…"
41 minutes ago
Steve M replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
"Well, gentlemen, the reason I originally brought this up was because I was angry. What business does a profession such as the American Institute of Architects have telling us how to change the way we have been designing and building buildings for…"
1 hour ago
Mongoose commented on René Eichhorn's status
"(I suspect that was meant as a response to my response to your response to my picture) Oh, yeah, I do seem to recall hearing something about that. With beards being more of a status symbol. Plus, more money (like in UAE where all citizens share in…"
4 hours ago
René Eichhorn posted a status
"I heard about in the middle-east, there are men the have done beard implant"
4 hours ago
Mongoose commented on Mongoose's photo
Thumbnail

New Phone's Photo-capability

"Beard implant? Not heard of that being an actual thing. I mean, I knew they had the technology, but never heard of it being done."
5 hours ago
René Eichhorn commented on Mongoose's photo
Thumbnail

New Phone's Photo-capability

"Nice beard Sir, I want a beard too, but not much hairs on my skin! Beardinplant is an option, but I don't like operations!"
6 hours ago
Mongoose posted a photo
7 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service