Since it seems like somebody's Russian-equipped proxy has either upped the ante big time or committed the biggest aircraft identification blunders since the USS Vincennes "incident in 1988, does anyone want to weigh in on the festering mess? I've seen contradictory reporting, allegations of foul-ups by the Malaysian government, allegations of concealment from the Ukrainians, the Russians, the "separatists", and the US government, a bit of lion roaring from the Brits, and silence from the Malaysians.

And on this site, the crickets are deafening.

Anybody care to weigh in?

Views: 559

Replies to This Discussion

You don't like Ukranians?
Lame duck Pres. I myself like Regan's response to shit like that.

I blame Russia mostly.  Russia arms dumbasses with weapons that can take down a commercial airliner at altitude.  Dumbasses do what dumbasses do -- mistake a commercial airliner for a cargo plane -- and blast it out of the sky.  300ish people die.  The blood is partially on Russia for arming these idiots in the first place.  If you're going to arm them, at least give 'em weapons they can handle.

I do wonder why in the hell Malaysian Airlines was routing a commercial plane over a warzone where a cargo plane had been shot down a few days before.  Seems foreseeable that some asshole with a Russian surface-to-air missile could make a mistake.  Don't fly over warzones where planes are getting shot down.

JB

Apparently the routing was simply because it was a shorter distance, and therefore less expensive to fly.  I've seen reporting that the FAA prohibited that particular airway to US airlines back in April, on a "just in case" basis.

RSS

Latest Activity

george morgan left a comment for Mongoose
"This is just a message to say how much I admire all the things you say on the Aofm site. Your responses are always on the mark and I always find your writings to be really thought-provoking and mature....I would like to visit with you sometime, if…"
38 minutes ago
2risewhenfallen replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"What type of college is this? Teach them to read corporate financial statements if its a Liberal Arts college and assign them Biographical studies if it's a Technical college."
1 hour ago
Fernando joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
2 hours ago
Fernando updated their profile photo
2 hours ago
Fernando updated their profile
2 hours ago
Christopher E Bloom updated their profile
3 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"Our college already covers that.  :o"
5 hours ago
Wayne replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"Unfortunately college does not provide one major thing that is laxking in this country. A work ethic. All the college in the wold will be useless to you if your are not willing to start at the bottom and get your hands dirty."
6 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service