Since it seems like somebody's Russian-equipped proxy has either upped the ante big time or committed the biggest aircraft identification blunders since the USS Vincennes "incident in 1988, does anyone want to weigh in on the festering mess? I've seen contradictory reporting, allegations of foul-ups by the Malaysian government, allegations of concealment from the Ukrainians, the Russians, the "separatists", and the US government, a bit of lion roaring from the Brits, and silence from the Malaysians.

And on this site, the crickets are deafening.

Anybody care to weigh in?

Tags: MH17

Views: 559

Replies to This Discussion

Well it is not like the Israel/Palestine conflict is anything new, it's been the same thing for years, just going on and on and on. The problem is Hamas is using civilians as human shields then when Israel retaliates against an attack civilians die and they become evil Zionist pigs, not that Israel doesn't give civilians fair warning to vacate the area. The solution is simple, Palestine has to accept a two state solution, this has been offered in the past on multiple occasions and each time the response to Israel's offer has been an attack or a war.

The problem isn't Hamas using human shields. The problem is an illegal occupation and the ongoing violation of basic human rights resulting in an asymetric conflict. And it's a chicken / egg situation. See South Africa for how it can be fixed. 

The one where the Jordanians took away the land given to the Palestinians.
Given by who?
The Brits. After they took over the Ottoman Empire.
So it was given to them by people who took it in the first place from people who stole it... Yet the recent takeover is the illegal one?
Something like that. Palestinians as an ethnicity are fairly well hated. Almost as hated as the Jews. See, that reagion hasn't had self rule since the Greeks owned it before the Jews circa 1500bce. Since then it's pretty much been one occupation after another.

When the Brits got ahold of it after WW1, they started partitioning it out. After WW2 they finished the job. Europeans are pretty well racist pricks, and they saw an opportunity to kick the Jews out of Europe. So the Brits gave Israel to the Jews, and Trans-Jordan to the Palestinians.

The Jordanians took pretty good offense to that, rebelled, and kicked the Palestinians out. Remember everyone hates Palestinians. So the Palestinians spent a generation or two wandering around the Middle East getting the shit kicked out of them everywhere they went before getting handed over to some other country to get the shit kicked out of them there.

Then there was this thing in the sixties where everyone tried to take over Israel. Israel instead took over a good portion of them.

The Jews finally took pity on the Palestinians and said, "Look cousin, you have ties to this land too. Come on and live with us. We just got some new land that used to be yours anyway." Which was cool. Until, like all asshole cousins, they started thinking they owned the whole place. And so now the Jews are the bad guys for figuring out why everyone thinks the Palestinians are dicks, and not putting up with it. Like everyone else didn't put up with it.

But now, because no one else can get back the land the Jews snatched up when everyone else invaded, they're all screaming about how the Jews stole the land from the Palestinians.
Yeah, I condensed 3500 years of history into a few paragraphs. Some eras may have been glossed over.
You don't like Ukranians?
Lame duck Pres. I myself like Regan's response to shit like that.

I blame Russia mostly.  Russia arms dumbasses with weapons that can take down a commercial airliner at altitude.  Dumbasses do what dumbasses do -- mistake a commercial airliner for a cargo plane -- and blast it out of the sky.  300ish people die.  The blood is partially on Russia for arming these idiots in the first place.  If you're going to arm them, at least give 'em weapons they can handle.

I do wonder why in the hell Malaysian Airlines was routing a commercial plane over a warzone where a cargo plane had been shot down a few days before.  Seems foreseeable that some asshole with a Russian surface-to-air missile could make a mistake.  Don't fly over warzones where planes are getting shot down.

Latest Activity

Daniel replied to 2risewhenfallen's discussion Opinions Needed on Love Letter to an.... Ex
"I third that motion. I've been in the same situation. The romanticism of the past and the heartache is amplified due to the fact you haven't seen anyone else since. time x lonliness squared = nostalgia time x new relationship(s) squared =…"
5 hours ago
Rob joined Jace Mullen's group

For all of those who live in California. whether its Nor*Cal or So*Cal San Diego or San Fransico
5 hours ago
Brother Joseph posted a discussion

Christmas Traditions

This year we went into the mountains and cut down our own Christmas tree. This has been a fun tradition, everything from getting up @3:00am to go get the permit to getting stuck in the snow and have to rely on shovels, sweat, ingenuity, and kind strangers to get unstuck. What are some of the other Christmas traditions y'all enjoy?
8 hours ago
Brother Joseph replied to 2risewhenfallen's discussion Opinions Needed on Love Letter to an.... Ex
"My two cents is take a shot. It never hurts to try, just mentally prepare yourself for potential rejection."
8 hours ago
Sir replied to Clinton Staut's discussion Do I Want to Get Better?
"Here's what I imagine to be true. You have a lazy part that your diligent part is pretty sick of.  Because that lazy part can sabotage Mr. Diligent's finest plans of to "pick my life up, work out a lot, and change into a better…"
9 hours ago
Phil Krajewski replied to Jimmy Morang's discussion Routines for a Beginner
"Jimmy:Don't expect overnight miracles - building a body takes time, focus and consistency. The good news is that the first 6-12 months is the time when you will probably make the most dramatic gains. However, it is important to learn proper…"
9 hours ago
john evens replied to Saagar Singh Sachdev's discussion Option and access to painless suicide as a means to warding off depression and catastrophizing. in the group Depression (And Suicide)
"Hey Larry, For someone who isn't "religious" you talk about a lot about God:). "
11 hours ago
Profile Iconjohn evens and Douglas Perry joined KermitKebab's group

Depression (And Suicide)

This is something we all face in this life.  We get lonely.  We are disappointed.  We fail.  Sometimes others fail us.  What do you do when you are  truly depressed?  What if it goes on a long time?  Ever considered suicide?  It happens all the time.
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service