Since it seems like somebody's Russian-equipped proxy has either upped the ante big time or committed the biggest aircraft identification blunders since the USS Vincennes "incident in 1988, does anyone want to weigh in on the festering mess? I've seen contradictory reporting, allegations of foul-ups by the Malaysian government, allegations of concealment from the Ukrainians, the Russians, the "separatists", and the US government, a bit of lion roaring from the Brits, and silence from the Malaysians.

And on this site, the crickets are deafening.

Anybody care to weigh in?

Views: 559

Replies to This Discussion

How is that Malaysian Air's fault? That is the standard commercial route and most airlines were not re-routing.

"And on this site, the crickets are deafening."

A single f was given for Israel / Gaza, either. 

What's there to say?  Palestinian government fires rockets into Israel to bait them into responding with force.  Israel responds.  Palestinians get indignant.  Lapdogs follow suit.  "How dare those evil Jews respond to our rockets?!?  The fascists are killing all the innocent people that that we put near our rocket launchers.  Netanyahu is Hitler reincarnated!"

Its all a Palestinian PR move.  Some buy it.  I don't.  About what you'd expect from a people that elected a terrorist organization.  Democracy ain't for everyone.

JB

'Zactly.

Well it is not like the Israel/Palestine conflict is anything new, it's been the same thing for years, just going on and on and on. The problem is Hamas is using civilians as human shields then when Israel retaliates against an attack civilians die and they become evil Zionist pigs, not that Israel doesn't give civilians fair warning to vacate the area. The solution is simple, Palestine has to accept a two state solution, this has been offered in the past on multiple occasions and each time the response to Israel's offer has been an attack or a war.

The problem isn't Hamas using human shields. The problem is an illegal occupation and the ongoing violation of basic human rights resulting in an asymetric conflict. And it's a chicken / egg situation. See South Africa for how it can be fixed. 

The one where the Jordanians took away the land given to the Palestinians.
Given by who?
The Brits. After they took over the Ottoman Empire.
So it was given to them by people who took it in the first place from people who stole it... Yet the recent takeover is the illegal one?
Something like that. Palestinians as an ethnicity are fairly well hated. Almost as hated as the Jews. See, that reagion hasn't had self rule since the Greeks owned it before the Jews circa 1500bce. Since then it's pretty much been one occupation after another.

When the Brits got ahold of it after WW1, they started partitioning it out. After WW2 they finished the job. Europeans are pretty well racist pricks, and they saw an opportunity to kick the Jews out of Europe. So the Brits gave Israel to the Jews, and Trans-Jordan to the Palestinians.

The Jordanians took pretty good offense to that, rebelled, and kicked the Palestinians out. Remember everyone hates Palestinians. So the Palestinians spent a generation or two wandering around the Middle East getting the shit kicked out of them everywhere they went before getting handed over to some other country to get the shit kicked out of them there.

Then there was this thing in the sixties where everyone tried to take over Israel. Israel instead took over a good portion of them.

The Jews finally took pity on the Palestinians and said, "Look cousin, you have ties to this land too. Come on and live with us. We just got some new land that used to be yours anyway." Which was cool. Until, like all asshole cousins, they started thinking they owned the whole place. And so now the Jews are the bad guys for figuring out why everyone thinks the Palestinians are dicks, and not putting up with it. Like everyone else didn't put up with it.

But now, because no one else can get back the land the Jews snatched up when everyone else invaded, they're all screaming about how the Jews stole the land from the Palestinians.
Yeah, I condensed 3500 years of history into a few paragraphs. Some eras may have been glossed over.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
"I largely agree with the consensus ... there's simply no way architectural design, public pressure, or legal decree is going to change the way I pee.  If I'm the last man standing, so be it. And, like y'all said, urinals…"
25 minutes ago
Steve M commented on Dylan Cheesman's group Scottish Heritage
"Hey guys, as an introduction: My clans: Masters is a sept of  Clan Buchanan, Clan Keith/Dixon. My districts: Roxburghshire and Peebleshire.  My wife's clans: Hamilton, Moore, Gardiner. "
1 hour ago
David F. replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
"I still remember hearing out side a port-john the voice of an older woman.  "Oh how nice purse holders". "
1 hour ago
David F. replied to Steve M's discussion Equitable Restrooms: are Men losing their urinals?
""  Is this another ploy by liberal women and the LGBT community to strip our manliness and make all men sit on a toilet?" Your manliness is tied to standing while peeing?  Really?   You can't aim to hit…"
1 hour ago
Steve M joined Dylan Cheesman's group
Thumbnail

Scottish Heritage

This is a group for any of Scottish descent or Scottish nationals. See More
1 hour ago
Profile IconStephen Hammill, Johnny B., Alexandru Tabacaru and 4 more joined Art of Manliness
3 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"I find all the celebrity involvement and and the mega-concert-like format of the conventions and debates to be very odd."
3 hours ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"I don't know anyone that noticed there weren't flags until it was being reported there were flags on day 2. Wasn't even a blip."
8 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service