Syria allegedly gasses civilians. We blow up the airfield from which the gas attacks were launched. Syria says that if we continue, they'll attack Israel, and Russia denounces our attack. Let's talk about this.

Views: 722

Replies to This Discussion

You're offering a non-solution as well.

I am not sure how offering refugee status to those who would be harmed by the civil war is a non-solution. People need to leave Syria or they will be harmed. Refugee status offers them somewhere to go. We can bear some of the burden of the worst humanitarian crisis since WWII. We as the US ignored the plight of Jews prior to WWII. We're in danger of repeating the same mistake today.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/06/the-fbi-is-investigating-approxim...

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/838793810909999106

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/06/reuters-fbi-probing-300-refug...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/01/u-s-refugee-chief-didnt-know-bost...

That, is how it's a non-solution. And you're right, we are in danger of repeating our mistake from the 1930s, but not because of the narrative you are peddling. You're mistaken in equating civilian casualties with systematic genocide. However, by aiding Assad's enemies we are ignoring the plight of persecuted Christians who are murdered with unspeakable methods by ISIS.

we are in danger of repeating our mistake from the 1930s, but not because of the narrative you are peddling.

By fighting the wrong enemy?

No, but that would have applied perhaps in WWI. I was speaking of ignoring actual genocide instead of saying Assad is literally Hitler. Assad's enemies are proud of killing Christians in the most barbaric ways imaginable.

Let's just not confuse the Syrian Opposition Forces with ISIS. They are not the same, even though Assad treats them like they are. In some cases, the Opposition Forces are fighting both ISIS and Assad's forces, and the Opposition Forces are civilians of Syria. Remember who Clinton and Obama wanted to arm? The Opposition Forces...

So indiscriminately bombing civilians is not hurting anyone other than the civilians of Syria. In many cases it's even feeding the ISIS forces and increasing their recruitment efforts because ISIS is stronger in some cases then the Opposition Forces. Most of the reporting done in Syria, is on the side of the Opposition Forces, not ISIS. The Opposition Forces just want a free and fair election to get out from under a family that has ruled since the early 70's and a man who's been in power for almost 17 years.

So yes, we are fighting the wrong enemy. And there in lies the biggest problem. With so many forces on the ground, who do you fight, who do you ally with, and what's the best course of action to end this?

We ignore genocide all over the world. What difference does this one make?
We ignore genocide all over the world. What difference does this one make?
Location, location, location.

Because we caused this genocide. We need to clean up our mess, ISIS, then leave Syria alone.

I think the distinction is, how can you get upset about gasses being used against citizens, but be ok with indiscriminate bombing?

To be fair, there is no easy way out. That's why this war has been going on for more than 12 years. There is no easy solution and no solution will be beneficial to everyone. You're not going to please everyone.

I think the issue folks on the left seem to take is that he made it a point to use the gassing as a reason to act against Assad, and the next day he was dropping bombs on citizens again, although these weren't filled with gas...Again, there is no way for Trump, or anyone for that matter, to do right here. Other then regime change maybe, but that isn't going to happen...And I'm not so sure that is the best solution anyway...

What bombs did he drop indiscriminately?

Most of them.  Too many of them...

In the past 6 years approximately 207k civilians have been killed...An estimated 94% of them at the hands of the Syrian/Russian/Iranian Alliance. 24k of them are children, 23k of them are female.

This shouldn't be news to anyone...Assad is known for indiscriminate bombing of civilian population areas.

RSS

Latest Activity

derick bean posted a status
3 hours ago
Braeden 2.0 replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"I kind of like that old song, to be honest."
3 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Yup. I'll roll with this. I have trapped and skinned/eaten. And still hunted smaller game. I have not killed and butchered my own deer, but I agree in general. I also think it is valuable to spend some quality time on a working farm. There…"
6 hours ago
Shane replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"I shoot retarded looking bucks. It makes the heard stronger."
8 hours ago
Specs replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
9 hours ago
John Muir replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"I shoot adolescent does. The meat tastes better"
9 hours ago
Shane replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Tiny little deer."
10 hours ago
John Muir replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Obviously not the sole-source of food. But for two peeps eating meat every day, yeah I'll stick by that. "
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service