Just read this article, saw links on my facebooks to other sources saying the same thing.

Before my head explodes, would the resident conservatives please walk me off the cliff and explain this to me in a way I might understand.

Cause honestly, my initial reactions are that this is exactly why my nation won't ever be great again.

Views: 1056

Replies to This Discussion

It's outlined in the article:

-Out of control tuition costs
-Education taking a backseat to political indoctrination

Did you read past the break or just cry about the headline? The article even quotes Obama as being dismayed with the bullshit political activism taking place on campuses.

Exactly. Attending a university where subjects like anthropology are politicized isn't worth going into debt. Even a small university close to me has a very militant transgender professor. For some degrees you have to be very careful not to pick a liberal college. Why is it surprising that Republicans don't want to pay obscene amounts of money for their kids to learn Democrat talking points?

The problem is that you guys think facts are Democrat talking points.

Right, it is just those radical Republicans that have concerns like this:

“I’ve heard of some college campuses where they don’t want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative. Or they don’t want to read a book if it has language that is offensive to African-Americans. Or somehow sends a demeaning signal towards women,” Obama said at a town hall in Des Moines, Iowa.

At the end of that school year, in May 2016, Obama rebuked students from the graduating class of Rutgers University in New Jersey for having successfully pressured former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to drop her scheduled commencement address at the school’s graduation two years earlier.

Oh, wait, its not.

Universitys have ever been a place of free thought and therefor of controversial debate. What ist the problem?

Because there is no debate. Conservative thought is shut down.

What kind of conservative thought?

All of it. I got shouted down for challenging the narrative that capitalism was starving 16 million children in America.

Recently or when you were in college?

Same thing.

Allow me to rephrase: Were you there to learn or teach?

Ok that is idiotic.

RSS

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Not really but ok"
3 hours ago
Dominic replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Actually, southern statues are dropping left and right. "
3 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"And they've already clumsily given away their endgame. Look at the links I posted in this thread. And there's also this: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kkkby/lets-get-rid-of-mount-rushmore I have screenshot proof that original title…"
3 hours ago
Sir replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"This is the video I was trying to show in the previous post:  "
4 hours ago
Sir replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Yes. They are history (if they are old) and celebrations. I find it horrific that we're now getting into making rationales for destroying art. Like this:  memorials to the Pharaohs, self-aggrandizing hierarchs who used massive amounts of…"
4 hours ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Political violence isn't new to the US or the modern world. Italy had the years of lead - we're nowhere near that. The UK has a strong Antifa counter culture - they're not losing anything for it. The only reason the US goes…"
7 hours ago
Shane replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
8 hours ago
Dominic replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"In regard to Confederate memorials, perhaps Robert E. Lee's response to an invitation to mark Gettysburg with monuments is pertinent (emphasis my own): Dear Sir--Absence from Lexington has prevented my receiving until to-day your letter of the…"
9 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service