North Korean officials have said that they are willing to turn the page and start fresh with President Trump.

PDRK -- ready to negotiate?  Is this possible?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/12/kim-jong-un-and-donald-tr...

Views: 198

Replies to This Discussion

I think something is going to be worked out. We blew up a Syrian airfield with 59 missiles and just dropped our most powerful bomb (short of atomics) in Afghanistan. Peace through strength.

More properly, we tested our missile systems against the most advanced anti missile defense system, not ours. And, we tested a tunnel killing bomb against real world tunnels. I know the results of the first test. We may never know the results of the second test.

*edit*

I think Trump will find a way to release the battle damage assessment in the next few days.

There is some reporting that the Russians were warned (or notified) via the airwar coordination network of the the when and where of the missile bombardment.  Also in the reporting was that the Russians had sufficient time to  remove their personnel and sensitive equipment out or the target airbase.

FWIT, the reporting was on CNN and in mainstream print media, Washington Post, for one.

A minor point.  You're a tad late on the "testing" of the MOAB on "real world tunnels." MOAB-type munitions were tested against an al-Qaeda/ISIS type tunnel system...located on a US munitions testing range.  BTW, the testing was televised on one of the Discover Cable channels (I believe it was on the one now called the AHC (American Heroes Channel). 

What does that have to do with anything I said?

True. And our missiles got through. Makes me wonder how screwed we are in WWIII.

Yesterday ZeroHedge and others reported that PRC had threatened to bomb PDRK if they didn't behave.  But the Chinese web site Global Times, the supposed source of this, didn't have it. Oops.

This new ZeroHedge report has a link to the editorial it's citing, but it takes you to a page not found warning (页面没有找到)and then just to the front page.  Googling a chunk of the direct quote takes me to other blog-style news sources, but not to the Global Times.  I conclude that this editorial doesn't exist either.

The PRC leadership may be thinking these things.  But apparently they haven't announced it.

The report about bombing nuke sites was pulled, but cached on a different website. I tried running the moon tunes through google translate, but it wasn't helping. I haven't seen zerohedge be wildly wrong or make sensational claims and they're usually picked up by MSM within a day or two. I trust their reporting on issues, their sources I can't verify though.

Don't know if you can say we blew up a Syrian Airfield if it's back in service less than 36 hours later...Not really sure you could even consider that an effective show of force, considering they used the same airfield to drop bombs the following day...

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Which stories provide the base generic thematic imagery of Asian literature? What are the headwaters from which it all flows? For Western literature it's the Bible and Greek Myth. With that foundation you can understand just about everything…"
20 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Another Brick in the Wall in the group The Great Debate
"Ah. Our form of government predates the left/right labels, so how we describe it is skewed from the rest of the world. Republicanism is, of course, a left wing form of government. But, because it's the only one we've ever had,…"
28 minutes ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Essential SF/Fantasy is way easier Foundation Canticle for Leibowitz Dawn/Imago/Adulthood Rites Lathe of Heaven Martian Chronicles Islands in the Net Neuromancer I, Robot Mote in God's Eye A Million Open Doors etc. Ender's Game/Speaker…"
44 minutes ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"I don't understand that question (even if not addressed to me, I want to know)."
51 minutes ago
Sir added a discussion to the group The Great Debate
Thumbnail

Spacefaring civilization

Somebody, apparently, is going to Mars -- or so the President and the Congress intend.https://futurism.com/us-government-issues-nasa-demand-get-humans-to-mars-by-2033/See More
51 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"What do you have to access Asian literature?"
58 minutes ago
Braeden replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"As a bonus my idea of essential fantasy. The Hobbit- JRR Tolkien  The Lord of the Rings- JRR Tolkien  A Song of Ice and Fire, the first three books- George RR Martin  Some Conan the Barbarian short stories from Robert E Howard Some…"
1 hour ago
Braeden replied to Pale Horse's discussion Required Reading
"Some essential Science Fiction in my opinion. Dune- Frank Herbert The Man in the High Castle- Phillip K Dick Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?- Phillip K Dick VALIS- Phillip K Dick The Left Hand Of Darkness- Ursula K Le Guin Hard to Be A God-…"
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service