Are we seriously this scared of a country that can't even keep the lights on? 

Am I supposed to believe that our intelligence community hasn't kept up with the goings on and would respond quickly if there was any actual danger?

Why not just cut off all cheese going in there?

Views: 261

Replies to This Discussion

Are we seriously this scared of a country that can't even keep the lights on? 

The country is run by a lunatic.  He doesn't care if his people have constant electricity, he cares about creating a dynasty and destroying the USA... All of his countries available resources go towards the military and weapons programs.  Always has and always will.

Am I supposed to believe that our intelligence community hasn't kept up with the goings on and would respond quickly if there was any actual danger?

I think we would to the best of our ability.  The navy has already had several failed tests for their missile interception program on Hawaii.

Why not just cut off all cheese going in there?

I don't even know what that means.

He loves cheese

Who the hell doesn't?

It is one of those late night/internet(Cracked.com) running jokes. Supposedly he fell in love with it when he was in college and pretty much hordes all of the nation's cheese to himself.

Well that would explain a lot.

I think countries that can't keep the lights on -- currently PDRK, Syria, Iraq, Somalia -- are way more dangerous these days than the ones that can.  You can be an economic disaster area and still import nuke materials and export terrorists.

But Portnoy's idea deserves more explanation.  Ever since they got Sony, or theaters, or whoever, to agree not to criticize PDRK in a movie, it seems, Kim is really interested in what people think of him.  So I suggest we do something like this:

Drop leaflets over an area with a pic of Kim saying Goats everywhere agree:  Kim is the sexiest man alive!  Kim has inappropriate relations with barnyard animals!  We have proof!

Then tell Pyongyang, back off or we'll deliver the "proof."  Which would mean Photoshop images, possibly bad, delivered all over their tiny country.  

Then phase 2:  those little holograph-y images you see on kid's toys, where you move it and the dinosaur moves, or something.  Only now it's Kim in some other compromising position.

And embargo the cheese.  While showing a Kim-lookalike getting splat in the face with cheese sauce and throwing a tantrum.  While children laugh.

Of course, at this point he'd just launch everything he has.  Maybe it's not such a good idea any more.

--

Daesh, however, is already doing everything it can to kill everyone in sight.  They're as provoked as they can be.  Scott Adams's cool idea:  make a video of Daesh leaders laughing about how they use cannon fodder and then rape their mothers and sisters; how they're secretly working for Israel; stuff like that.  It doesn't have to be believable, it just has to get people wondering.  Hah.  http://blog.dilbert.com/post/133795496921/how-to-beat-isis-with-a-hoax

Hahaha, I love the leaflet idea, that's hysterical.

Thank you sir, for using Daesh instead of ISIS/ISIL. Says to me that you get it.

In regards to NK, the truth of the matter, in my humble opinion, is that They are an ongoing problem and have been since the 50s. My father, a US Marine who was stationed in SK, and spent time on the DMZ, always told me that the general feeling there was not if NK would ever re-invade, but when. We came up with a temporary solution that was always eventually going to come to a head.

I think what is needed now is a permanent solution. Whatever that may be. I'm not a politician or a military leader so I will not speculate as to what that might be.

But as far as I can see, world leaders have been propping up this temporary solution since the 50s with 2x4s and bandaids, pushing off the responsibility to each subsequent generation. We can either keep doing that till NK gets more advanced in their weapons tech, or we can rip the bandaid off now. Either way, the Kim dynasty has always been marked as unstable and unpredictable, and keeps getting worse. So no matter what happens, it will get much uglier before it gets any better.

world leaders have been propping up this temporary solution since the 50s with 2x4s and bandaids, pushing off the responsibility to each subsequent generation.

And the only people that really suffer because of this are the innocent starving people of North Korea. 

My biggest issue: NK's nuke program depend domestically on having the US as a big bad guy to point to as the reason it's needed in the first place. Trump's inability to actually act like a diplomat instead of a child, just gave them a big "see, I told you" to use.

How has Trump behaved childishly and not like a diplomat to NK?

"Fire and Fury like the world has never seen."

And pretty much everything he's said before or since. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Lumpy52403 replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"Congratulations on becoming a Dad!  [cyber man-hug]"
5 hours ago
Stewart M. Davenport replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I should add that I'm due to take on the manliest job anyone could ever have any time now: fatherhood. My wife is due to have our first baby, a boy, anytime this month."
5 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"F"
6 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"Cautiously optimistic about Trump's Afghanistan plan. Speech boiled down to: 1. Quit freely giving intel. 2. Quit nation building. 3. Work with our allies in the area. 4. Work with our own military. Now all that is well and good. But will we…"
7 hours ago
Peter O'Reilly replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I work as a land surveyor.  For one year I had a fly in fly out job in northern Labrador, Canada.  If you want to talk about cold, come talk to me.  Try a cold where if you breathe in too quickly and deeply, ice crystals can form in…"
8 hours ago
Shane replied to Peter O'Reilly's discussion Fasting and Intermittant Fasting
"My default state is 16/8 IF. I've gone 30 days without food. I wouldn't recommend going for long on just water, too many health risks."
9 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Yes and since that is their only team, it is everyone's team. It is like their professional football team."
9 hours ago
Peter O'Reilly posted discussions
9 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service