Charles Krauthammer makes this interesting observation:  we are now in a new stage of the war on terror.  ( http://www.nationalreview.com/article/396499/obama-charlie-who-char... ; focusing not on his complaints about Obama, but on terror attacks )

Stage one:  terrorists from abroad come into the West to attack.  9/11.

Stage two:  lone-wolf terrorists within the West attack their countrymen.

Stage three:  linkup -- homegrown terrorists in the West coordinated and instructed from abroad.

Is this the beginning of something, or can France and others roll it back?

Meanwhile, in the Third World, we've gone from terror attacks to conquest of territory (Iraq, Syria, Nigeria).   

Also in the Third World, the newly conquered areas are under rule by terror (not to be confused with terrorism); that's a new development.  Maybe it'll be temporary, or end after all Christians, pagans, Yazidi, and Muslims of the wrong branch are exterminated.

There are also things that aren't new but are being noticed more.  [Edit: removing reference to French "no-go" zones -- I haven't had time to vet the story.] The terror of living Jewish in France.  What else?

So:  what else do we know, or can we infer, about general trends?  And what's next?

Ethnic cleansing in France is under way; maybe that's really stage 3.

Another idea comes from this video (link below).  I find it hard to believe, and would like confirmation (or better yet, refutation!).  But if it's true, I think we can see stage four being prepared:  homegrown terrorist cells organized, trained, and directed within the US.  I don't know how long it takes to lay the groundwork for attack, but surely it won't be too long before we see the outcome (again, if this is authentic).

http://viral.buzz/video-terrorist-training-no-go-zones-now-in-u-s-w...

Views: 4275

Replies to This Discussion

I thought his argument that these types of attacks attract too much attention to ISIS, who were essentially unknown not that long ago, leading to its inevitable destruction at the hands of the west.

The author thought the missile strike on Assad's air base meant we would start helping ISIS again, but that this latest attack on Paris will turn Trump back to fighting ISIS.
Be careful with your exhuberance. Le Pen's often do well in the first round.

I'm very optimistic, but I mostly wanted an opportunity to say the Madam President schtick.

RSS

Latest Activity

R. Max 2.0 replied to Pale Horse's discussion The French Election in the group The Great Debate
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion The French Election in the group The Great Debate
"Indeed we have."
3 hours ago
Dustenious Treightonius updated their profile
3 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Pale Horse's discussion The French Election in the group The Great Debate
"With the exception of Mélenchon - who is so far to the left that he's not really near anybody either, I suspect you are correct. It does not look good for LePen, but we've been surprised before."
4 hours ago
Carl Byrd replied to Carl Byrd's discussion Vacation ideas for a young family?
"Cherokee looks neat, and I see it's close to Gatlinburg which is somewhere I want to go, so I'll have to check both of those out."
6 hours ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion The French Election in the group The Great Debate
"Everybody says Macron is the favorite now that there's only him and Le Pen.  All those various non-FN candidates, I believe, are more Macron-like than Le Pen-like."
6 hours ago
Carl Byrd replied to Carl Byrd's discussion Vacation ideas for a young family?
"I just looked this place up in Google Maps, looks like a place I'd really enjoy. Thanks for  the tip."
6 hours ago
D. Adonis posted a status
"I just read "De-Cluttering Your Digital Life" and decided to make some needed changes to my smartphone use/routine[s]"
7 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service