There's a WH petition to lift the ban on automatic firearms. Here's the link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-full-auto-ban...

Views: 609

Replies to This Discussion

No, I'm careful not to do anything illegal. I did word that poorly. I just only buy guns from friends and family is what I'm getting at. I have never in my life made a straw purchase.

PH - the definition of a straw purchase, particularly for firearms, is Person A buying a firearm for Person B so that there is no paper trail connecting Person B to that firearm.

And I can honestly say I've never done it. I won't tell you what guns I have or don't have, but I have only received gifts at this point (hey, it's America. And the South). I simply had an agreement with someone that in the future if I wanted a gun, we would do what I now have learned qualifies as a straw purchase. Now that I know it's illegal, I'll be sure to stay far away from it. I was speaking of policy yet to be tested, not what I have done.

PH - you described buying a gun from a friend who bought it for you, for the express purpose of keeping your name off the paperwork. Then it appears you deleted your comment describing that. You were part of a straw purchase.

No, I didn't. Who do you think you are? I stated policy, that I had not yet tested and that I didn't even know was illegal (I was under the impression that it was only illegal when aiding a felon. Apparently there was a big Supreme Court case on this). I didn't state that I have done it, and you are not qualified to tell me what I have or haven't done. Nor have I done it. I said that I had established an agreement with someone. An agreement I no longer intend to follow.

PH - it's interesting that you needed to delete a post over something that you now claim you didn't even do. 

You apparently wrote "I buy guns from friends I trust." That's not a hypothetical statement. It appears you deleted that post, which is a bit suspicious especially since you're now claiming you didn't say anything like that at all.

I have already admitted that it was poorly worded. I feared that without context it would look screwy.

Edit: Nice retroactive edit. I didn't delete that statement. It's still there: "I just only buy guns from friends and family is what I'm getting at." That's not straw purchasing, and I still intend on keeping that principle-- once again it is speaking to policy, not experiences. It's not illegal. In fact, I think it's prudent when you still keep a paper trail with it. Still want to continue the witch hunt or are we good?

The post actually detailed a scenario in which someone was told which gun to go purchase, and then that gun was in turn purchased from them to keep the person's name off the paperwork; but since that post has now gone missing, it doesn't really matter at this point.

Isn't that technically still straw purchasing, Clinton?

As I understand it from this thread...Yes...

Let me clarify:

Pretty much everyone could be diagnosed with *something*. I am speaking of people who have been institutionalized for mental illness. Both they and felons should not be allowed to own a gun without being evaluated and cleared after a certain length of time.

So someone who's been institutionalized for anorexia or Tourette's?

RSS

Latest Activity

jazzgirl205 replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"Ameretta, what do you do that brings you joy and gets you around people?  Forget about men right now.  Concentrate on being with all kinds of people doing interesting things.  I'm not making light of your predicament, trust me on…"
27 minutes ago
R. Max 2.0 replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"hmmm, from at least my perspective, no one said anything was easy. You could call it oversimplifying, and you'd be right. Like I said, this is out of my depth, but it seems similar to the phrase "love yourself" in general. Everyone…"
1 hour ago
Ameretta replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"I wanted to  be straightforward with the title, but this is how I truly feel, and I think that the person you mentioned is oversimplifying the problem because how would you feel if you were told you were the highest rate of…"
1 hour ago
Ameretta replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"Then don't invest your time in replying to my question because you're doing yourself more of an inconvenience than you are torwards me. "
1 hour ago
Tim replied to Tim's discussion Are You the Initiator or the Follower? in the group The Shirtless Man
"I was the initiator earlier this week at the gym. It was late and I was the only person there for quite a while so after some warm up sets the shirt came off. Later on a guy comes in, we exchanged greetings and then continued with our work outs. He…"
2 hours ago
John Muir replied to Nick H's discussion Has AOM jumped the shark or is it's just cyclical in the group The Great Debate
"maybe that's cuz you've had him blocked. He's an educated armed forces veteran. And a homo :)"
2 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Nick H's discussion Has AOM jumped the shark or is it's just cyclical in the group The Great Debate
"Meanwhile, you're an "intense purveyor" of ad hominem, white knight-ing, condescension, CNN conspiracy theories and virtue signaling. I don't remember the last time you actually contributed anything worthwhile to a thread. You…"
3 hours ago
Eddy Kirdland replied to Arjan's discussion Shirtless Around Women in the group The Shirtless Man
"If her husband is sometimes shirtless, too, it's probably okay if you are, but, if you want to be sure, continue to put a shirt on when she comes around until and unless she or her husband tells you not to worry about it. "
3 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service