There is very good reason to belong to organizions like the V.F.W, American Legion, and Amvets, because they fight for the rights of veterans, and to give our soldiers and sailors better benifets.

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

That being said, what's your point?

I'm not trying to be an ass (I'm  a vet and belong to both VFW and American Legion) I'm just curious as to why you wrote the post.

I agree.  I joined the American Legion around the time the news of the abuses and neglect at some Veterans Hospitals were making headline.

I recently joined the American Legion and my local post. https://www.legion.org/ Veterans' issues is just one reason to join.

If any veterans are interested I recommend that you go directly to your local post to join rather than just joining online.

You can find your nearest American Legion post using: http://www.members.legion.org/CGI-BIN/lansaweb?webapp=MYLEPOST+webr...

If you just join online they apparently do not direct you to your local post for two years.  As a local post member part of your (often lower) dues are returned to the post and most volunteer opportunities are disseminated at post meetings.

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"Right."
7 minutes ago
Shane replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"It's simplistic."
8 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"Is it untrue?"
29 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"But Gentiles still have to follow Christian law."
31 minutes ago
"You're not Jewish. You aren't bound by those laws."
48 minutes ago
"That's what we teach children."
49 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Integrity alone is insufficient as a criteria to judge the merit of a man."
57 minutes ago
Shane replied to Portnoy's discussion Latest in Health Care in the group The Great Debate
"We'll see."
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service