Short and sweet....

Which albums do you think are highly underrated?

Take it easy...

- Cody

Tags: albums, fantastic, great, music, underrated

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

The Number one most underrated album on my list is 1967's Wild Honey by The Beach Boys.

After the mess that was Smile... The Band lost a little faith in Brian Wilson, so the production of this album became a group effort (this is the first time since Surfin' USA).

You get those fantastic harmonies that you expect from the Beach Boys... but the overall feeling of the album is much darker than their earlier work.  I may not be a Beach Boys expert, but I believe that this dark undertone comes from Brian Wilson's lessening grip on reality (the same madness that made Smile so infamous).

Whatever the case... you must check out this album, for it is fantastic. It is easily my favourite Beach Boys' Album... and one of my favourite albums of all time!

Here comes the Night is not to be mistaken with The Beach Boys' Disco remake.... which is still kinda like... in an ashamed fashion.

Big thumbs up on "Wild Honey" such a good album.

On a similar note, I would add Dennis Wilson's solo work to this underrated list. "Pacific Ocean Blue" is a great album that is very rarely talked about.

Ha! I just got the vinyl of Pacific Ocean Blue last year... and I agree!

I'll vote for the MC5s 1971 release High Time.

Man... I love me some MC5. They just pump me up! Especially their live stuff.

Fugazi- the red album

AIC- Jar of Flies

Pink Floyd- Division Bell

Link Wray's 1971 "Link Wray" album is pretty cool.

He was such a badass guitarist and an innovator; this album shows a bit of his versatility of styles, his ability to write, and his vocals are emotionally true, even if they're not perfect. I also like the raw production and improvised percussion on this.

I wore my copy of the Celibate Rifles "The Turgid Miasma of Existence" album out back in the 80's.

My favorite album to show people in my collection is a near mint pressing of "In the Court of the Crimson King." I'm not sure if it's just the fact that not a lot of my friends are as heavily appreciative of the classic and prog rock of yesteryear, or people just forgot about how outstanding of an outfit King Crimson truly was. Not to mention, the album art:

RSS

Latest Activity

Carl Monster replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"Glad I've got some company. I've always thought of myself as a 47 year old lesbian trapped in a fifty year old man's body."
33 seconds ago
Bob Brower replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"may be .........but i gave up worrying about it when i was about 15 PS: Do really think i would make a good looking Girl ? or even pass for a 45 year old , because i crossed that bridge a long time ago ."
2 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"Cute meezer kitty."
2 minutes ago
Michael D. Denny replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"So,,,,,,,, you have menstrual cramps over word usage, came here to complain, joined an internet community and discussion board to chastise those who would look to an internet community and discussion board for advice or opinions on topics germane to…"
9 minutes ago
Bob Brower replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
""junk" you call it junk i call it "raw materials" and you can't have any !"
11 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"When I read that statement, all I see is an emotional teenager crying in her diary about how "nobody gets me"...."
12 minutes ago
""you're a teenage girl trapped in a 45 year old body."  so i am a 45 year old girl ........ damm boy you have some gender issues or a serous eyesight problem ."
14 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"Having spent most of my life on a ranch, and more recently moved to more populated areas, I concur."
14 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service