What are some bands/musicians that you seem to know about but are not as well known to the rest of the world?  Post their stuff here and tell us why you like them.  They can be a favorite or they can simply be some talented artists you appreciate.

(I'll post some that I appreciate right after this.)

Tags: bands, musicians, underdogs, unknown

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

First and foremost is...

Ladylike

Ladylike is a little old-style pop band from my sort-of-hometown of Tempe, AZ.  They have a unique 50's style rock sound to them that's fun and unique.  I like them better then most stuff that's popular nowadays and it's refreshing to hear something different.  I'm friends with the lead singer of this band.  You can learn more about them on their facebook page.  They just released a new single you can purchase or listen to on Spotify.

The Spinto Band

This band is a little bit lesser known band that has some fun tunes.  I wouldn't say they blow my mind or anything but I like how they use kazoos in some of their songs and what not.

Dragonforce

When you first listen to Dragonforce you'd think you'd be hearing one of those rock bands from the 80s.  It may come to some surprise that this band came together in 2007.  (I think)  What I like about Dragonforce is that it's ridiculous.  And that's what makes it great.  It doesn't try to sing rock ballads about bad break ups or lost love but about the heat of battle and fantasy stuff.  It's like something you'd expect Jack Black to like.  Ha ha.  Beyond that though, there's some amazing guitar action in their songs.  Enjoy.

Local Band....

The Burning Hell

RSS

Latest Activity

Nick H replied to Pale Horse's discussion Called It in the group The Great Debate
"Maybe it's like Godwin's law but due to the large number of rightwing members, the word commie comes out instead of nazi"
5 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Called It in the group The Great Debate
"You add in luggage weight, and you'd render most every woman obese.  The feminists will not like that one bit. Heh. JB"
10 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Pale Horse's discussion Called It in the group The Great Debate
12 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Called It in the group The Great Debate
"I think my assumption is safe. She has a double standard with critics and puts her looks above her health. This chick is messed up."
16 minutes ago
"A friend of mine (a petit woman who travels a lot) always says that you and your luggage should be put on a scale together and that you pay for the total :)"
16 minutes ago
Rob Gronkowski replied to Rob Gronkowski's discussion Has anyone struggled with depression beforeIt
"I do not have insurance, so I would be paying for the treatment out of pocket, BUT I have never reacted negatively to any medications I have taken in the past for various things, I am just afraid to make that plunge because the possibility of…"
18 minutes ago
Shane replied to Jonny Kearney's discussion Post First Date Advice
18 minutes ago
Will replied to Native Son's discussion The Archbishop of San Francisco Strikes Again! in the group Catholic Men
"I can't see how being an altar server is like apprenticing to be a priest, any more than being a typist is like apprenticing to be a CEO.  "
24 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service