In and endless effort to defend and support modern-day punk rock, I have encountered waves and waves of close-minded individuals who think that punk is still and always will be The Sex Pistols and The Dead Kennedys (two great bands by the way), but punk HAS matured into some great positive sounds, I don't think anyone would argue the importance of The Clash, but in this day and age punk rock has taken a hit in the mainstream, with bands like Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, and I heard someone the other day say that Nickleback was their favorite punk band (and I'm sorry, Nickleback is terrible, and nowhere near what punk rock represents).

Also, since this is the AoM, I can tell you that the bands I post here are amazing for young men to look up to as pioneers of rock & roll and manliness, without all the bud light endorsements. Please feel free to share your modern and/or classic punk bands here that you think represent rock & roll manliness. And as always, keep it civil.

First band: The Gaslight Anthem and their song "American Slang"

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

I think bands like Dropkick Murphys and Street Dogs are great role models. Many of their songs are about the working man and holding up honor.

The Germs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Will replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"Because looking up from where you sleep to see stars overhead -- getting up to see the babbling brook in the morning -- it's magnificent."
25 minutes ago
Ramona the Pest replied to Regular Joe's discussion Learn a new language for free!
"I'm using Duolingo too now, and it is really easy! Thank you for sharing this with us!"
4 hours ago
Ramona the Pest replied to Belmin Bratic's discussion Martial Arts
"That is true, and many times they are not forthcoming with the fact that they are masters of the art. We ended up making friends with one of the masters from Hawaii who moved here, and he agreed to train my brother and I. I have found I prefer soft…"
5 hours ago
Ramona the Pest replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"Ok, first of all I am not trying to make him some kind of Rambo outdoor survivalist guy, I just want him to try camping. Second, I am not going to have a huge problem with him if he decides he doesn't want to, and have not been bugging the hell…"
5 hours ago
Paul Martin commented on Mike Norris's group Mantiques
"this is a early 80s Montgomery ward tool chest I picked for $40. The quality is 10x a modern craftsman (I know because I own one and its junk). When I finished refurbish, I had a guy offer me $500 but I couldn't sell it.  I never get rid…"
6 hours ago
"my manual shears, I got these for a buck and they were frozen.  some wd40 and a blade sharpening and they cut like new"
7 hours ago
"This was a gift for my girlfriend, I did it the same time as my green toolbox.  it came out NICE"
7 hours ago
"this was a yellow craftsman ratchet toolbox I found.  I paint matched it to my truck and made it my car emergency tool kit.  everything I need to fix most car problems.  I have an affliction for old toolboxes"
7 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service