In and endless effort to defend and support modern-day punk rock, I have encountered waves and waves of close-minded individuals who think that punk is still and always will be The Sex Pistols and The Dead Kennedys (two great bands by the way), but punk HAS matured into some great positive sounds, I don't think anyone would argue the importance of The Clash, but in this day and age punk rock has taken a hit in the mainstream, with bands like Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, and I heard someone the other day say that Nickleback was their favorite punk band (and I'm sorry, Nickleback is terrible, and nowhere near what punk rock represents).

Also, since this is the AoM, I can tell you that the bands I post here are amazing for young men to look up to as pioneers of rock & roll and manliness, without all the bud light endorsements. Please feel free to share your modern and/or classic punk bands here that you think represent rock & roll manliness. And as always, keep it civil.

First band: The Gaslight Anthem and their song "American Slang"

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

I think bands like Dropkick Murphys and Street Dogs are great role models. Many of their songs are about the working man and holding up honor.

The Germs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
2 hours ago
Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
5 hours ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
5 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
7 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service