Information

Men Over 50

For the slightly older guys. (those who've already received the letter from AARP!) Let's just see how many of us are proud to have made it this far!

Members: 172
Latest Activity: Jul 17

The Perks of Being Over 50

Snagged from this website:

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run -- anywhere.
4. People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.
9. You can live without sex (though not without glasses).
10. You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.
11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
12. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
13. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
14. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
15. You sing along with elevator music.
16. Your eyes won't get much worse.
17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
18. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the National Weather Service.
19. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them, either.
20. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

Discussion Forum

Inch by inch...

Started by David R.. Last reply by Sir Jun 13. 1 Reply

[I'm not sure what happened to the message I thought I had posted.  I'll try again.]Inch by inch I am moving from the Planet of Old Farts to the 21st century here on earth.  I have finally learned…Continue

Tags: meme, emoticon, emoji

"Gray Divorce"

Started by Charles Dodd. Last reply by Carl Monster Jun 9. 6 Replies

Below is a link to an article that appeared in the media today on the rate of "gray divorces," that is, divorces by people age 50 and over. According to the latest statistics, the divorce rate has…Continue

Tags: divorce

Beat the Clock

Started by Art. Last reply by Art May 26. 8 Replies

There's much to be said for "growing old gracefully". And then there are those of our contemporaries who are dragged to senior citizenship kicking and screaming. I find I'm at a crossroads, accepting…Continue

Getting a college degree

Started by Larry. Last reply by Hayden H. Nov 1, 2016. 3 Replies

How many of you have done it, after 50?  My wife and I are both getting masters degrees.  I'm getting a master of arts in Christian counselling.  What were your experiences?   Are you glad you did? Continue

Evaporated dreams

Started by Wayne. Last reply by Art Sep 17, 2016. 19 Replies

Guys how do you deal with life's dreams that are gone, will never happen. Some of them were stupid, but some were very good. I'm retired, feeling kind of like it's over. Feeling like I've lost my…Continue

You know you're at the half century mark when.....

Started by Kenneth. Last reply by jacksbuddy Aug 12, 2016. 12 Replies

Please pardon the slightly self-pitying note in this rant. I've really been feeling my age lately, and I suppose I just need to vent.I had dinner with my niece and nephew last night (ages 18 and 24,…Continue

Tags: old, Feeling

Less, or no sex as we get older.

Started by Wayne. Last reply by john evens Aug 12, 2016. 11 Replies

Any of you men in a sexless marriage, or very little sex? Before you go off, I've tried everything. I'm hoping to talk to other men that understand. I love my wife, not interested in another woman.…Continue

Semper Virilus for those 50 and over

Started by Carl Monster. Last reply by Carl Monster Mar 27, 2016. 81 Replies

Any older gentlemen read Brett's Magnum Opus? I read large chunks of it, and want to hit it better over the long weekend.As I went through the lengthy sets of recommendations, I could not help but…Continue

A day in the life of you.

Started by terry sperling. Last reply by Art Mar 24, 2016. 7 Replies

Share your life, bitch, brag about latest conquest or reaching or failing a goal.…Continue

Body Image

Started by David R.. Last reply by Edward Warden Mar 13, 2016. 13 Replies

When I was growing up, casual nudity in the locker room and showers was common.  I don't remember any guy being shy when nude around other guys, and we all saw that everybody was about the same "down…Continue

Tags: image, body

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Men Over 50 to add comments!

Comment by Pat Newbold on July 31, 2009 at 6:43am
I'm at double nickels and somewhere over the past couple years I realized that I became my old man. I came along late in his life which was a blessing in disguise because I listened and learned his wisdom. He would tell me when I was stressed over "stuff": "don't sweat the small stuff, they don't mean much in the long run. you need only worry about health, disposition, and faith". I now know what he meant.
Comment by thehuhman on July 30, 2009 at 8:06pm
Daniel, I can relate. Things aren't rosey in my life either, but I'm pushing 60 now... and stuff just doesn't bother me like it used to. Ahhhhhh.
Comment by Daniel Chase on July 30, 2009 at 8:04pm
I am at a place in my life that everything is OK. It might not be "peachy King" there are problems.But i really don't really let it bother me like it used to when I was younger.
Comment by thehuhman on July 30, 2009 at 3:33pm
Robert. That comment about the 70's... So true! :-)
Comment by Robert N. McManus on July 30, 2009 at 3:06pm
Personally, my life has never been better. I am into a new career (one I REALLY like), second marriage is incomparable; don't have to give flying rat's as about impressing anyone. This is what I thought I had in the '70's, except it is for real.
Comment by thehuhman on July 30, 2009 at 12:26pm
That's a great attitude, Pat. Thanks for posting.
Comment by Pat Newbold on July 30, 2009 at 12:12pm
Joined the Eons website community. Got my AARP invite 6 years ago. Guess it's time to admit it..........I love this life!! Don't HAVE to get drunk with the guys, I can just kick back with a beer and really enjoy it. Have my home paid for, my cars paid for, have some toys and freedom. Life is good and getting better!!
Comment by Tim Plett on April 10, 2009 at 11:41am
Life is good and there's lots of manly challenges ahead.
Comment by thehuhman on April 10, 2009 at 11:30am
Welcome men!
I was going to call this group by a different name. I first thought of: AoM50 and then I remembered that show from the 80's, and thought: FiftySomethings. And then I thought about knocking off "That 70's Show"... Anyway, I landed on this one, as I think it says it best. Hope it works for everyone.

Members (172)

Latest Activity

DHO updated their profile
10 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
"You know I really don't know what you're trying to prove here Shane. But I think you might have missed a dose this morning man. You seem to be itching to just nail someone for a comma being out of place or something so you can celebrate…"
19 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"Dude seriously? What is the title of this discussion? Or, I see what you're doing...I shouldn't say bill, I should say policy. Thanks for pointing out my folly."
22 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Sir's discussion Transgenderism and optical illusion in the group The Great Debate
"I'll read the article later when I have a break at work, but already you could simply say: Is it more transgender that have schizophrenia or is it more schizophrenics who are transgender? This looks like either it's already being spun to…"
24 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Proverbs 18:24 in the group Christian Men
"Compose noun "Create" synonym "Invent" The Hebrews did not invent a good chunk of Proverbs. They transcribed them from oral traditions."
27 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
""Pretty close to the exact wording" Useless."
32 minutes ago
Shane replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"What bill?"
33 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
"Since PH asked the question, don't you think he should be the one to open it up. Takes 2 minutes on google to get pretty close to the exact wording that Mueller has given really. So I'm not real sure what you're going to do when…"
36 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service