Information

Martial Artists

For martial artists of all stripes, Eastern, Western, or in between.

Members: 282
Latest Activity: on Friday

Discussion Forum

What's your pleasure Sir?

Started by Jeremiah 707. Last reply by Jon Z Jun 12. 23 Replies

The greatest...

Started by Bassaiguy. Last reply by Tom Sansoucy Apr 8. 5 Replies

why martial arts?

Started by Eric G.. Last reply by Tom Sansoucy Apr 8. 26 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Martial Artists to add comments!

Comment by Jody Dawkins on May 5, 2009 at 1:24pm
Hi all. I'm Jody. I got my start in Taekwondo. I hold dan ranking in Hapkido but spend most of my time these days investigating principle based martial arts such as Systema.
Comment by Morris Harrell on April 27, 2009 at 4:39pm
I'm moe, I've previously trained in Mi Jhong, Akido and Tae Kwon Do for short periods, and I'm looking forward to getting home so I can start it up again! For me, it's a lifestyle to practice martial arts, not just a hobby.
Comment by Stephen Young on April 25, 2009 at 2:15am
I'm Stephen, trained for 9 years in World Traditional Taekwondo (ATA/WTTU). I was wondering if there's anyone from the Montreal area who can suggest a good place to train in any martial art - I stopped going about a year ago, and as i'm sure you all have felt, it's not something that can just leave your life. I'd really like to try Kung Fu, I think, but would like even more to hear about some other people's experiences - it's the environment, the attitude and and not the name it's underneath that makes the difference
Comment by Chris McCracken on April 23, 2009 at 6:41pm
My name is Chris McCracken. I am commonly referred to as Krakkerz. Studying the Martial Arts is the major portion of my life and has been for a very long time. I won't get into details about my history. If you want to know, you'll do a Google search.

I'm looking forward to seeing some spirited (not mean spirited) discussions on developing ourselves and our students, as well as ensuring the arts stay a test of character and not something you "do", but something you "are"
Comment by Dennis Leber on April 12, 2009 at 11:58am
hello group, i teach Tae Kwon Do, and recently started taking Ha Mun Do and Brazillian Ju Jitsu to become more well rounded.
Comment by Arnold Kelly on April 12, 2009 at 8:19am
I've been practicing and/or researching the "martial sciences" off and on for over 25 years now. Currently no students or school of my own, but I have my own personal fighting style, which I call Universal Dragon System. Currently working on my first ever self defense workshop that I'm teaching in May.
Comment by Rich V on April 11, 2009 at 11:12am
Wrestled through high school and an currently do BJJ and dabble in judo.
Comment by Tookie on April 10, 2009 at 11:20pm
Gotta love dabbling in lots of stuff. Did some Karate as child, Aikido, Kung Fu, Capoeira, Escrima, Traditional Archery.

Of the ones I currently practice, Escrima. Would love to get back into Capoeira, but takes a bit more time as the limberness left me.
Comment by haytkir on April 10, 2009 at 1:30pm
Hello there.

Spent most of my time in Brazilian jiujitsu, but recently have branched out into traditional Japanese jujutsu and Krav Maga.

While not always the case, it seems that I often find men who are interested in martial arts often have some interest in real manliness as well.
Comment by Lightbringer on April 10, 2009 at 1:30pm
I was a fencer for four years in high school. I planned to continue it in college where they had a club, but I also joined Army ROTC, which included physical training (PT) three mornings per week, and they were always the morning after fencing practice - if you know anything about physical training this obviously is not a practical notion. After two years in ROTC I left (a discussion for another day), and I was in the best shape of my life. I realized that going back to fencing would keep me in shape, but a martial art would do that AND actually do something to keep me alive if TSHTF. Now I have been practicing Isshinryu Karate for the last 5 years and my Sensei is starting to talk about scheduling my brown belt test.

Members (282)

Latest Activity

Welshrabbit replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"No shame to that game.  My wife wants me to wear a beard and I wear one even though I hate it.  Totally worth it for them short term interests..."
48 seconds ago
Pale Horse replied to Regular Joe's discussion "Heritage Not Hate" - Who's Trolling Who? in the group The Great Debate
"I was on I-4 a while back, near Fort Meade, Florida, and saw the actual Stars and Bars. I was impressed. Saw another one at an event in Waldo."
27 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Regular Joe's discussion "Heritage Not Hate" - Who's Trolling Who? in the group The Great Debate
"No, because England is more liberal than us."
30 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Pale Horse's discussion Backsliding in the group Christian Men
"Doesn't this:  "Christ cleanses us of our sins and heals us. He took all our sin away at the cross. Not just the sin we ask forgiveness for. Not just the sin from before we became Christians. All of it. Yes, Christians will…"
31 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to ClubmanPinaud's discussion Hello all. Does anyone still use iodine on their cuts?
" "
39 minutes ago
Profile IconChris Johnson and Carlos Augustus Pires de Carvalh joined Bryan Smith's group
Thumbnail

Gentlemen Apologists

A place for gentlemen of all stripes who are interested in the broad field of Christian apologetics. If you are a thoughtful man interested in pursuing a more reasonable faith, or if becoming a pipe-smoking clone of C.S. Lewis is one of your greatest aspirations, then this is the place for you.See More
40 minutes ago
Chris Johnson replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"While I did not read through all of the previous comments, I seem to have an alternate situation as compared to the majority... My wife requests that my hair be long... And, while I do wear the "decision making pants" (thank you, Dick Van…"
41 minutes ago
Profile IconP. Dictus Magister and Carlos Augustus Pires de Carvalh joined Matthew Robertson's group
Thumbnail

Traditional Catholic Men

This is a group for traditional Catholic men to share their experiences, ask questions and help each other keep the faith.
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service