Martial Artists

For martial artists of all stripes, Eastern, Western, or in between.

Members: 288
Latest Activity: Oct 15

Discussion Forum

What's your pleasure Sir?

Started by Jeremiah 707. Last reply by Jon Z Jun 12. 23 Replies

The greatest...

Started by Bassaiguy. Last reply by Tom Sansoucy Apr 8. 5 Replies

why martial arts?

Started by Eric G.. Last reply by Tom Sansoucy Apr 8. 26 Replies

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of Martial Artists to add comments!

Comment by Morris Harrell on April 27, 2009 at 4:39pm
I'm moe, I've previously trained in Mi Jhong, Akido and Tae Kwon Do for short periods, and I'm looking forward to getting home so I can start it up again! For me, it's a lifestyle to practice martial arts, not just a hobby.
Comment by Stephen Young on April 25, 2009 at 2:15am
I'm Stephen, trained for 9 years in World Traditional Taekwondo (ATA/WTTU). I was wondering if there's anyone from the Montreal area who can suggest a good place to train in any martial art - I stopped going about a year ago, and as i'm sure you all have felt, it's not something that can just leave your life. I'd really like to try Kung Fu, I think, but would like even more to hear about some other people's experiences - it's the environment, the attitude and and not the name it's underneath that makes the difference
Comment by Chris McCracken on April 23, 2009 at 6:41pm
My name is Chris McCracken. I am commonly referred to as Krakkerz. Studying the Martial Arts is the major portion of my life and has been for a very long time. I won't get into details about my history. If you want to know, you'll do a Google search.

I'm looking forward to seeing some spirited (not mean spirited) discussions on developing ourselves and our students, as well as ensuring the arts stay a test of character and not something you "do", but something you "are"
Comment by Dennis Leber on April 12, 2009 at 11:58am
hello group, i teach Tae Kwon Do, and recently started taking Ha Mun Do and Brazillian Ju Jitsu to become more well rounded.
Comment by Arnold Kelly on April 12, 2009 at 8:19am
I've been practicing and/or researching the "martial sciences" off and on for over 25 years now. Currently no students or school of my own, but I have my own personal fighting style, which I call Universal Dragon System. Currently working on my first ever self defense workshop that I'm teaching in May.
Comment by Rich V on April 11, 2009 at 11:12am
Wrestled through high school and an currently do BJJ and dabble in judo.
Comment by Tookie on April 10, 2009 at 11:20pm
Gotta love dabbling in lots of stuff. Did some Karate as child, Aikido, Kung Fu, Capoeira, Escrima, Traditional Archery.

Of the ones I currently practice, Escrima. Would love to get back into Capoeira, but takes a bit more time as the limberness left me.
Comment by haytkir on April 10, 2009 at 1:30pm
Hello there.

Spent most of my time in Brazilian jiujitsu, but recently have branched out into traditional Japanese jujutsu and Krav Maga.

While not always the case, it seems that I often find men who are interested in martial arts often have some interest in real manliness as well.
Comment by Lightbringer on April 10, 2009 at 1:30pm
I was a fencer for four years in high school. I planned to continue it in college where they had a club, but I also joined Army ROTC, which included physical training (PT) three mornings per week, and they were always the morning after fencing practice - if you know anything about physical training this obviously is not a practical notion. After two years in ROTC I left (a discussion for another day), and I was in the best shape of my life. I realized that going back to fencing would keep me in shape, but a martial art would do that AND actually do something to keep me alive if TSHTF. Now I have been practicing Isshinryu Karate for the last 5 years and my Sensei is starting to talk about scheduling my brown belt test.
Comment by Chris Amendola on April 10, 2009 at 9:55am

I have been working at, and occasionally teaching, one style/art/school or another for almost 30 years now, with my garage being my main training facility these days.

For the last few years I have been working on reconstructing and reviving the art of Bartitsu as a member of the Bartitsu Sociey ( which I think has been mentioned here on AoM.

I like having just the Martial Artists group here at AoM. Good idea!

Members (287)

Latest Activity

Braeden joined Brett Balcar's group

Discuss your favorite films and upcoming releases
23 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Mad Jester's discussion Disobeying Orders in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"Sorry this is late, but three other points. 1. Without access to exact transcripts, we don't knowexactly what wasreported to the higher command. 2. WWII was a time when it was very common for air crews to mis-identify vessels at sea...and often…"
24 minutes ago
Steve Dallas commented on Brett Balcar's group Film
"Caught the new trailer for the new Captain America:Civil War movie. Ahhhhh hells yeah, I cannot freakin wait. I honestly cannot get enough of the Marvel Universe movies, and the Captain is by far my favorite"
28 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Penelope's discussion To circumcise or not? in the group Christian Men
"Are you dissing ham? Ham is awesome! "
51 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Penelope's discussion To circumcise or not? in the group Christian Men
""routine, but seemingly welcomed in countries with socialized health care (except Canada)" Circumcision or c-section?  Circumcisions are no longer performed at hospitals for non-medical reasons. You can get a doctor at a private…"
53 minutes ago
"Keeping capitalist conspiracy theories out of it, I can confirm that up here, in Northern Canuckistan, circumcisions used to be standard and included in the services you got from the hospital when having a baby. However this is no longer the case.…"
57 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Rick McGuire's discussion Mission Call Packing and other stuff in the group LDS Men
"I know it's only been a year but I'm popping in in case an update manifests itself. "
1 hour ago
Regular Joe replied to Rick Shelton's discussion Question about allowing/disallowing refugees in the US in the group The Great Debate
"Or targets for death. "
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service