Recently in my neighborhood, several kids got in trouble for kissing.  A seven year old girl kissed a four year old boy.  The boy got in trouble with his Daddy, but I'm not sure if the girl received a  punishment or not.  This is not the first time this girl has kissed a boy in the neighborhood.  My daughter is seven and I have drilled it into her head she is not to be kissing any boys (to which she told me, "I wouldn't...I'm too scared to kiss one"  not exactly the answer I was looking for but I'll take it).  She is only allowed to kiss Mommy, Daddy, her brother and the dog (she threw in that last one).  It strikes me that the actions of this other seven year old girl are inappropriate.  She is new to the area and I haven't met her parents.  I'm thinking my daughter shouldn't be thinking of kissing boys until she is 12-13 years old.  Thoughts?

Views: 2238

Replies to This Discussion

What would make me concerned is that Kissy Girls home life?
She saw something that makes her think this kissing the boys is ok. Or maybe something is happening to the Kissy girl that shouldnt be happening. You know what I mean?

You are on the money in my opinion with the age for kissing 12-13 years old. Just keep that shotgun cleaning kit handy for when the boys start coming around. ;)
Dutchman,
I completely agree with your thoughts (both about the 'strange goings-on' and the shot gun :) I'm not sure if Kissy girl has older siblings or what. I am sure that my daughter will not be going over to their house any time soon.
It is OK for children to kiss when they are no longer children.

High School, preferably at least a sophomore (14-15).
Well the bible say wait till marriage and I think that those children have a lack of supervision. I wouldn't aloud my children til at least 18 years old.
Well the bible say wait till marriage

Where?
Yeah, well, I'm feeling pretty feisty today. :)
I would say its depending on the form of the kiss.

Dont think its unheard of that a 7 year old girl may kiss a four year old boy just because she thinks him cute&cuddly or something - but if its french kissing with tounge and the whole shebang, its quite a bit over the top.

No own experience with daughters, but I have several nieces and I occasionally find them somewhat strange in behavoural patterns for a non girl parent.

Not that they misbehave in any sort, but they are just strange...

(Disclaimer: I have english as a second language, and may not be clued in, as to the useage of the term kissing).
I don't think there is an "age" threshold so much as there is a maturity one. That being said, I tend to agree that somewhere around 15 is a good ball-park age, if they must.

Of course that's for others' kids! My own daughter won't be allowed to even look at a boy until she's 22 and I'll greet any boy who comes over before that at the door wearing full camo and honing a field knife!

In seriousness, my wife told me she read somewhere that the stronger the bond a girl has with her father, the later they seem to be interested in other boys, so I am really working on that relationship thing!

RSS

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Jack Bauer's discussion 'Manspreading'. The latest in feminist caterwauling ... in the group The Great Debate
"Good luck with that. Mine has had of mind of its own since I was 15."
37 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Jake Maestas's discussion 50 books challenge
"Speed varies depending on many factors. I'm not surprised you're above average. Rarely does someone who reads 50wpm think about taking up reading as a hobby. "
38 minutes ago
Milo Morris left a comment for Danny j pasichnyk
"True. Thank you for reaching out. Have a Merry Christmas."
39 minutes ago
Will replied to Jack Bauer's discussion 'Manspreading'. The latest in feminist caterwauling ... in the group The Great Debate
"More microagression, essentially.  Andrew Kavlan discusses this sort of thing to good effect. http://www.truthrevolt.org/videos/andrew-klavan-newest-threat-college-campuses-microaggression "
48 minutes ago
Shane replied to Jake Maestas's discussion 50 books challenge
"If you absolutely can't get passed it, Sparksnotes are good."
50 minutes ago
Will replied to Pale Horse's discussion "You Maniacs!" in the group The Great Debate
"I suppose I can understand, intellectually, why you'd call someone who takes a horrific risk that will likely get him killed a "coward," if his action is evil.  And it's a common enough thing; President Bush called the men…"
59 minutes ago
Jake Maestas replied to Jake Maestas's discussion 50 books challenge
"Well, I am very interested in a lot of the books that AOM has suggested on their multiple reading lists.  I will follow the AOM Official reading club as closely as possible throughout the year (I'm currently reading "The Rise of…"
1 hour ago
Will replied to Jake Maestas's discussion 50 books challenge
"What books will you read?  Quality beats quantity!"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service