Recently in my neighborhood, several kids got in trouble for kissing.  A seven year old girl kissed a four year old boy.  The boy got in trouble with his Daddy, but I'm not sure if the girl received a  punishment or not.  This is not the first time this girl has kissed a boy in the neighborhood.  My daughter is seven and I have drilled it into her head she is not to be kissing any boys (to which she told me, "I wouldn't...I'm too scared to kiss one"  not exactly the answer I was looking for but I'll take it).  She is only allowed to kiss Mommy, Daddy, her brother and the dog (she threw in that last one).  It strikes me that the actions of this other seven year old girl are inappropriate.  She is new to the area and I haven't met her parents.  I'm thinking my daughter shouldn't be thinking of kissing boys until she is 12-13 years old.  Thoughts?

Views: 1993

Replies to This Discussion

What would make me concerned is that Kissy Girls home life?
She saw something that makes her think this kissing the boys is ok. Or maybe something is happening to the Kissy girl that shouldnt be happening. You know what I mean?

You are on the money in my opinion with the age for kissing 12-13 years old. Just keep that shotgun cleaning kit handy for when the boys start coming around. ;)
Dutchman,
I completely agree with your thoughts (both about the 'strange goings-on' and the shot gun :) I'm not sure if Kissy girl has older siblings or what. I am sure that my daughter will not be going over to their house any time soon.
It is OK for children to kiss when they are no longer children.

High School, preferably at least a sophomore (14-15).
Well the bible say wait till marriage and I think that those children have a lack of supervision. I wouldn't aloud my children til at least 18 years old.
Well the bible say wait till marriage

Where?
Yeah, well, I'm feeling pretty feisty today. :)
I would say its depending on the form of the kiss.

Dont think its unheard of that a 7 year old girl may kiss a four year old boy just because she thinks him cute&cuddly or something - but if its french kissing with tounge and the whole shebang, its quite a bit over the top.

No own experience with daughters, but I have several nieces and I occasionally find them somewhat strange in behavoural patterns for a non girl parent.

Not that they misbehave in any sort, but they are just strange...

(Disclaimer: I have english as a second language, and may not be clued in, as to the useage of the term kissing).
I don't think there is an "age" threshold so much as there is a maturity one. That being said, I tend to agree that somewhere around 15 is a good ball-park age, if they must.

Of course that's for others' kids! My own daughter won't be allowed to even look at a boy until she's 22 and I'll greet any boy who comes over before that at the door wearing full camo and honing a field knife!

In seriousness, my wife told me she read somewhere that the stronger the bond a girl has with her father, the later they seem to be interested in other boys, so I am really working on that relationship thing!

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"Posting while intoxicated. JB"
40 minutes ago
Spencer commented on thehuhman's group Jeep Men
"Does not Chug but it stalls out if you don't give it gas constantly"
1 hour ago
N. Vest replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"so what is PWI?"
1 hour ago
Nathanael replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"Probably.  Threatening behavior and words should be enough for one, even if he hasn't actually hit her.  Does she have a good lawyer? "
2 hours ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Regular Joe's discussion Responsibility Towards A Brother
"Good brother you are Joe, and from where I'm standing - keep it up. Problem is not just now, if this persists then imagine his life 20yrs from now. It's definitely not too late for him to still have a full go at life, relationships etc.,…"
2 hours ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"So maybe I can verbally abuse the man the same way he does my sister and get him to take a swing, then have a round or two with the chump and then claim it was self defence?? Just kidding, if only. Here's the other thing mate - I know us…"
2 hours ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"Two 3yr old girls that still needs to see both their parents. I'm overseas and my folks are 8hours away from my sis, so he's always trying to use the kids to get to her which makes it difficult. Regarding a restraining order, he…"
2 hours ago
Vytautas replied to Kneller's discussion Should I take this job in Philadelphia?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service