Information

LDS Men

A place to fellowship and discuss the issues of being an LDS man in today’s world.

Members: 177
Latest Activity: Jun 7

Discussion Forum

Mission Call Packing and other stuff

Started by Rick McGuire. Last reply by Lumberjoe May 30. 21 Replies

If, When, and Where?

Started by Ammon Beckstrom. Last reply by treading_ESTROGEN May 15. 62 Replies

Your Favorite Manly Hyms

Started by Brett McKay. Last reply by treading_ESTROGEN May 15. 20 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of LDS Men to add comments!

Comment by Mongoose on June 15, 2015 at 9:00am

I hereby decree that a law go forth that states that all multi-Ward/unit buildings have sufficient space and parking to allow for units to overlap such that there are no early morning meetings.

Comment by JMD on June 15, 2015 at 8:50am

I'm glad I no longer have to attend early morning meetings on Sunday.  Of course, they released me from the bishopric and called me as a seminary teacher, so I'm not sure that's an improvement.

Comment by J. D. on June 12, 2015 at 8:00pm

I do not have to attend early morning meetings because, at least for now, I have no callings that require me to attend such meetings.  This is the one and only area of my life where I'm happy to be overlooked and passed over.  As to not much happening here; I have two thoughts.  First, it doesn't have to be that way, and second, this forum is more active than some for sure.

Comment by Jon Z on June 12, 2015 at 7:33pm

Not much goes on here.  Who hates 6:30 AM meetings?

Comment by Kit the Odd on February 5, 2015 at 10:31am

Our Stake (now 2 stakes) have been doing a big production like that for the last 10 Christmases.  Although we crammed the orchestra onto the podium area.  Last year we did a similar deal for the 4th of July, but also included an Army Material Command Band and community speakers.  (Huntsville, AL has a lot of military ties.)  These types of events are cool from both sides of the podium. 

Comment by Mongoose on February 5, 2015 at 7:46am

Our Stake has decided to do something significant for Easter for the community. Rationale is that we do all these big ole' things for Christmas, but Easter is quiet. So... They have cherry-picked the accomplished musicians/vocalists and actually called (yep, called) them to perform the Lamb of God. This is to be the first of an actual annual thingy, which (as we go forward in years) will remove the first few rows of pews for an orchestra pit and all.  We started practicing in August.

Have to admit, this piece is unbelievably moving. I have come to appreciate the drama and depth of His sacrifice in a deeper way as I practice.

Comment by Brother Joseph on January 12, 2015 at 11:52am
Mormon 9:19 and Alma 42:13, and several others, contain reference to the fact that if God does _________ he will cease to be God. That suggests that it is possible for a Celestial Being to fall. However, I don't believe that's possible because of the type of person who will be celestialized. The reason our obedience is tested in this life is to make sure that we are willing to use our agency to choose that which is right, otherwise how can we be trusted with higher power when the stakes are much higher.
Comment by J. D. on January 12, 2015 at 11:11am

First, if I may, agency is not, nor has it ever been free.  Not only is there the atonement to consider (a very high price to pay indeed), but there's also the fact that our agency comes at the price of the resulting consequences.  But to answer your question; I would say that it certainly is possible for an individual to fall after attaining the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom.  Lucifer fell, after all, and he fell from Celestial glory.  It seems probable that we certainly have the same potential to fall regardless how high we go.  I would suggest studying it out for yourself to get the answers.

Comment by Mongoose on January 12, 2015 at 9:12am

OK, so 1/3 the hosts of all heaven fell in the Fall (background info).

Now... We will always have free agency.  Will it be possible, after the Resurrection, for exalted beings to fall from the highest levels of the Celestial Kingdom? Is there an answer? Or is this just a "wait and see" type thingy?

Comment by J. D. on September 16, 2014 at 10:31pm

Same goes for you....feel free to start a chat if and when you see me around. If I have time to talk, I will.

Members (176)

Latest Activity

David F. replied to Nick Martens's discussion Sleeping On The Ground
"Sounds like you where lacking kit, and using alcohol to lower your body temperature. I'm glad the worst of it was a cold night.    "
17 seconds ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Thank you. I don't really understand how it works, so I appreciate you going into detail about how being in the EU has affected you and your community."
27 seconds ago
Tarquin Anstruther replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Of course there are people there who are not rich. I'm not referring to Swiss people, I'm referring to people from other countries wanting to live there. There are people mainly from Turkey living there doing menial jobs but they are all…"
1 minute ago
Lumberjoe replied to Lumberjoe's discussion Some People Dislike The New LGBTQ(etc.) Pride Flag Because Racism in the group The Great Debate
"Re: Liam's comment, It also depends on how the program was framed from the get-go. My understanding of AA is that it's pure numbers and often leads to tokenism ("this guy's not qualified but I need X blacks on the crew to be…"
1 minute ago
Lumberjoe replied to Lumberjoe's discussion Some People Dislike The New LGBTQ(etc.) Pride Flag Because Racism in the group The Great Debate
""I'd still have a problem with people getting preferential treatment because of things we can't change, such as sexual orientation, skin colour (unless it's Michael Jackson) etc." IMO that's part of figuring all…"
5 minutes ago
Drew replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"What I had in mind originally would've been having free movement between the UK and EU countries without us actually being in the EU. I'm aware that Switzerland has many bilateral treaties with the EU on different issues but I was thinking…"
9 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
""I am aware that it is almost impossible to live in Switzerland unless you are mega rich, is that what you envisage?" The people I've met that were from Switzerland weren't mega rich. *shrug*"
14 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Drew's discussion Brexit in the group The Great Debate
"Gotcha. Thanks guys."
14 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service