Information

Exercise

Exercise is a crucial part of maintaining a manly physique. Join up to share ideas, get support and discuss plans with other men.

Members: 940
Latest Activity: on Sunday

Discussion Forum

Abductor training for better sex?

Started by Salt Dragon Dec 19, 2016. 0 Replies

Gymgoing on Vacation?

Started by Mongoose. Last reply by Doug B Dec 13, 2016. 6 Replies

Non-Sweet High Protein Bars?

Started by Mongoose. Last reply by Mongoose Dec 13, 2016. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Exercise to add comments!

Comment by Richard Lambert on May 25, 2015 at 9:14pm

Just started working the machines this week....i didint think i over did it but my arms are difficult to bend since yesterday. Is that normal? Im new here, and im still learning, and working up to weight lifting. Thought i might be able to learn a few things from you all. :D 

Comment by Mongoose on February 10, 2015 at 6:17pm

Yea, don't think I'm there yet. Still on Imonium AD.

Comment by Mongoose on February 10, 2015 at 4:24pm

K. So after a day of unwanted and unexpected purging from both ends, chills, etc.

When do I return to weight training?

I feel about 90% better right now. But I still feel a bit weak.

Comment by Mongoose on February 5, 2015 at 10:15am

Okay... So... How long, after adding an aerobic component to my training, should I start seeing the effects of said aerobic junk?

Comment by Clinton R. Ausmus on January 30, 2015 at 10:08am

Sorry.  Dive  Bomber are the trouble because it's a weird movement.  Don't like 'em...Didn't mean to say Pike..

Comment by Clinton R. Ausmus on January 30, 2015 at 10:07am

Comment by Clinton R. Ausmus 1 second ago Delete Comment

Try different push ups if you want to vary the work out with them.  Diamond, Wide Grip, Narrow Grip, Incline, Decline, Pike, Single Leg, Spiderman, Egyptian...There are quite a few variations of the push up.

Diamond is my favorite, Egyptian and Pike I have the most trouble with though.

Comment by Daniel Offenbacher on January 30, 2015 at 9:49am

By better, I mean getting an actual workout with them. I almost always can't get my arms in the proper position to be able to reach the floor.

Comment by Mongoose on January 30, 2015 at 8:15am

Daniel, I apologize for stating the obvious, but have you tried looking at videos of pushups? Then make sure you do yours in front of a mirror to see how yours measure up?

Also, if you could be more specific, it will help. What do you mean by "better push ups?" Do you mean push ups that focus on X vs Y vs Q? What is your goal with said push ups?

Comment by Pale Horse on January 29, 2015 at 10:35pm

Knuckle push ups.

Comment by Daniel Offenbacher on January 29, 2015 at 8:43pm

I've been trying to improve my push up  form and I'm still having trouble getting it down. Anyone have any tips for a better push-up?

Members (940)

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to Portnoy's discussion Latest in Health Care in the group The Great Debate
"One thing I noticed about the entire debacle. In March, 2016, then Mr. Trump released a seven point healthcare plan outline that he wanted Congress to adopt. As far as I can tell, the only parts of his proposals that showed up in either the House or…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Specs's discussion I need some work advice.
"Cool your jets.  This hill ain't worth dying on.  Let it slide, but make damn sure your emails actually get sent.  (I had a similar 'went to draft' email situation when I went to Windows 10.  A number, but not all,…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Danny's discussion Militaria
"Just don't let the hobby take over and run your life to the exclusion of all else.  You do want to have provenance on stuff.  There's lots of reproduction stuff around, especially since "military recreating" became a…"
2 hours ago
Jay D replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Were i want to get at is less the lying part and more the part were we put other people under pressure. From the business perspective it makes perfect sense to put people under pressure so they make deadlines so your projects or your company…"
10 hours ago
Profile IconCaberry, Eder Prado, Ben Dalio and 9 more joined Art of Manliness
10 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"?"
11 hours ago
Michael Hoogkamer updated their profile
11 hours ago
Vendetta replied to Tank Rust's discussion Garmin Forerunner 35 vs Regular watches
"If you have a Samsung phone, you can track steps and read your heart rate (among other things) via "Samsung Health". "
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service