Information

Christian Men

Regardless of the specifics, we can all agree on one thing. Jesus Christ was the perfect Man who died and rose again for us such that we could have fellowship with Him

Members: 1551
Latest Activity: Aug 11

Discussion Forum

Proverbs 18:24

Started by Pale Horse. Last reply by Shane Jul 27. 16 Replies

Waiting until marriage

Started by Adam Keynes. Last reply by Adam Keynes Jul 26. 11 Replies

Family Worship

Started by Jasper. Last reply by Jeremiah Dewey Jul 8. 5 Replies

A Couple Questions About Jews

Started by Pale Horse. Last reply by Shane Jun 2. 5 Replies

Doubting Thomas

Started by Dominic. Last reply by Lumberjoe May 15. 3 Replies

Leading a child to pray

Started by Sir. Last reply by Stewart M. Davenport May 2. 4 Replies

Brett on churchgoing

Started by Sir. Last reply by Lumberjoe Apr 18. 3 Replies

A Belated Happy Easter!

Started by Pale Horse Apr 17. 0 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Christian Men to add comments!

Comment by Chris Johnson on September 21, 2016 at 8:23am
Shane Dyck, that sounds like quite a tiny box they are asking you to preach out of... Sometimes encouragement is challenging, and many times some of the best encouragement is also theological; not to mention, preaching is both theological and challenging, or its just motivational speaking with a Christian flavor... That said, the last 2 verses of Ecclesiastes may be interesting ones to go to, "Fear God and keep His commandments"; with prayer, study, and a basic understanding of the Bible you shouldn't have any difficulty in making a good motivational speech out of that, and maybe even slipping some theology and challenge in on the side...
Comment by Terry Glenn Rempel on September 21, 2016 at 8:06am

Hi Shane! Sorry I cant give you any help on your message these kind of things usually give me a hard time as well. I was just curious where a bouts is Mitchell in Manitoba. Im from Portage la prairie Manitoba and I can't seem to place it. Any ways My friend welcome here and good luck!

Comment by Shane Dyck on September 14, 2016 at 9:29pm

hey all. I'm new to the group and I could use some advice. in about 2 weeks I'm supposed to be a guest speaker in a different town and I was given the suggestion to preach along the lines of "encouragement but not be too theological or challenging for them". I'm stumped on this one, any suggestions of passages I could use?

Comment by Steve M on July 18, 2016 at 8:56am
Terry Glenn Rempel,
Reading through the Bible is an awesome manly challenge. Keep up the good work. Even though I read quite a bit of scripture daily, it has been awhile since I took on the challenge of reading the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
Comment by Terry Glenn Rempel on July 18, 2016 at 8:21am

I try to go through the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation every year. I do this as a spiritual practice. This morning I finished up Titus and will be starting Philemon tomorrow Morning. Whenever I finish one Bible I start again with a different version of the Bible. I always thought it would be kind of cool to read every different version of the Bible, but with so many versions out there now a days I cant see that happening. With GOD's help though I'll just keep reading as long as the Good LORD gives me breath.

Comment by Terry Glenn Rempel on June 14, 2016 at 9:44pm

Hi Friends! I'm new to this group. It's nice to find an honest to goodness Christian Mens group.

Comment by Austin Roe on January 11, 2016 at 11:13pm

I have recently started a Facebook page called Christian Outdoorsmen of America. I give some of the ways that I've found God in the outdoors and encourage people to share their experiences as well. If anyone is interested, go ahead and give me a try.

Comment by Michael J. K. on December 27, 2015 at 10:36am

Love one another.  Love your enemies.  Jesus taught us to love.  When you love others you are doing what he asked of us.

Comment by Austin Roe on December 22, 2015 at 5:21pm

I've been trying to find a way to really study the Bible in depth, but don't know where to start. Anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about a personal Bible study?

Comment by Michael J. K. on August 19, 2015 at 12:07am

hope all is well with you men

Members (1550)

Latest Activity

Portnoy replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Not what I meant. I'm sure you thought you were being light hearted, it is just that from my own experience of being your age and being in situations with others your age, the light hearted isn't as light as we thought we were being. Hell,…"
1 hour ago
Tim replied to Christopher Everet's discussion How do you handle just being friends with your crush?
"Great advice, Todd. Christopher, just plan the next couple moves once you know either way so you're prepared for the answer."
2 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to Christopher Everet's discussion How do you handle just being friends with your crush?
"The answer is simple. If you haven't already, make your feelings for her clear.  You don't want to walk away without knowing for sure that you are in the friend zone. If she puts you in the friend zone, forget about her and move on.…"
10 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to George Corbul's discussion How does one become a 'real' man exactly?
"+1"
10 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to George Corbul's discussion How does one become a 'real' man exactly?
"Agreed that women's ideas vary widely, which means there are women for who like whatever type of man you want to be.   Don't let any woman define what a real man is for you.  That's ass-backwards."
10 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"What? It was light hearted. I don't think I can learn how to read people's minds and tell if their dad is the coach of the team. But thank you. Maybe they aren't that helpful."
17 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"How can I resist when someone is wearing something like that here?"
17 hours ago
derick bean posted a status
17 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service