What are some of your favorites? I'll start.

Just a Little Talk With Jesus: https://youtu.be/4fbuQvoKH9U

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I like that one.

The Old Rugged Cross

Above the Hills of Time

He Lives

When Jesus Comes

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

and although it's not Gospel or a hymn, I have to add this country song:

Jesus, Take the Wheel

Some of my favorites have always been "Amazing Grace", "In The Garden" and "Uncloudy Day".  I know it's not really a gospel song, but I have always loved "Why Me Lord?".  I think it really speaks about the love that Jesus has for us.

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

His Eye is on the Sparrow

He Touched Me

My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me

...and yes, I have a Carrie Underwood favorite too
Something in the Water

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms is one of my favorites too.

Heaven's Jubilee

Meeting in the Air

Just Over in the Glory Land

Everybody Will Be Happy Over There

When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder

I grew up in a good-old-fashioned black Pentecostal church. We used to have weekly prayer meetings and tarrying services in the downstairs chapel. Instead of using the hymnals that we would use upstairs in the main sanctuary, we had 2 or 3 old-timey songbooks that we would sing out of. "When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder" was in one of those. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of nostalgia that came over me when I saw that song on your list. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Nice! In my church we still use the Church of God's "Church Hymnal" pretty often. I own a copy of it. It's a goldmine.

http://www.pathwaybookstore.com/Item/32393/ClassicRed-BackHymnal

I just looked through the index. Great songs in this hymnal.

Do you play?

No, though I am about to get a banjo and learn to play that.

A banjo makes everything better!! Nice vocal harmonies too.

Here's an interesting one.

I've had the pleasure of seeing these ladies perform live. They're from around Charleston.

At 1:40 or so, a curious beat kicks in:1.......2..3......1......2..3 It's found only in music from west africa, the caribbean, and the carolina coast, which speaks to it's origins and it's age.

RSS

Latest Activity

Vendetta replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"If he sanctioned discussion on Russian meddling, he would be maligned for attacking freedom of speech and freedom of the press. I think most people know that the Russian collusion theory is pretty B.S., but people still talk about it. As long as…"
24 minutes ago
Shane replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"There's a double negative in there. I don't actually understand the question."
45 minutes ago
Sir replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"Isn't complaining about something the opposite of sanctioning it?"
57 minutes ago
Shane replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"What are you asking?"
1 hour ago
"I was never afraid. It was a manufactured scandal from the beginning."
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"Why does Trump complain about the Russian meddling in the election but does not sanction it?"
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to Dominic's discussion Trump, Flynn, Russians - oh my! in the group The Great Debate
"Well nothing to fear then."
1 hour ago
""May have" "Appears to" Do these bullshit phrases have a German equivalent? Because in English, they mean, "I'm making shit up". Flynn has been cleared of Russia, they're investigating ties to Turkey now."
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service