JonEdanger's Discussions (4,526)

JonEdanger hasn't started any discussions yet.

Latest Activity

Will replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"Sure would.  But if you instead said that the only proper emotional expression was FEMALE stoicism -- that women are weepy because the patriarchy carved out their inner confidence -- and that men are to blame for it -- that is, if you were a…"
26 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Jay, I liken it to teaching my son to be self sufficient, sometimes I have to get on him a bit and play to his shame.  It's a well known and well used method of teaching manliness.  If you're going to be part of our community…"
1 hour ago
Steve Dallas replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Still no, I can't. I have to start at your argument, which again states Now, if your argument was that one will go to an expert in a field, then I have no beef as that is what is usually referred to as common sense. It is a completely…"
2 hours ago
Jay D replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Bottom line is that you guys are mobbing a 18y old boy on a internet board. Dont see how that will teach him anything useful."
2 hours ago
Will replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"I'm friends with 3 carpenters, a painter, a plumber, a financial advisor, an MD, a PR man, a masseuse,  an EMT, and too many lawyers and college professors to count.  Nurse, clerical worker, undertaker... I lose track."
2 hours ago
Will replied to james m's discussion is America becoming a police state?
"The site owner Brett has asked us to keep political discussions of the main forum. Please repost this in The Great Debate."
2 hours ago
james m posted a discussion

is America becoming a police state?

After hearing that a lot of police departments have either been given or have brought ex military kit. ie APC s and in one case a grenade launcher and the increase of the militarisation of the police is the us in danger of becoming a police state?
3 hours ago
Vytautas replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Rick--new response because of nesting.  For example the simple argument of "All horned animals are unicorns, a cow has horns, therefore a cow is a unicorn" is a logically valid argument and stands up to scrutiny of the rules of…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service