I'm really glad that the recent Bond movies seem to be going back to basics and are moving away from the campy stuff of previous Bond incarnations. 

Bond is still high tech, but it's his wits and skills that get him out of most situations, and that's great. 

But I have to admit, I miss the gadgets and the scenes in Q branch that show them testing weapons and gadgets that are borderline absurd.  And I miss Bond being issued a gadget that is meant for one purpose, only to have him find a completely different use for it. 

Anyone with me on this or am I just grasping on to something from the Bond movies of my youth that really needed to go away? 

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

I like the gadgets but it got to be a bit much for me in the Brosnan era.  Too much of a focus on the gadgets and too out there (invisible car).  I wouldn't mind seeing a few in the next movie though as long as it was done well and served a limited purpose.

RSS

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to David Salley's discussion Tucking in with shorts
"T"
3 hours ago
Art replied to David Salley's discussion Tucking in with shorts
"another variation seems to be a single tuck at front, and rest of shirt hanging out; either shorts or slacks. 'never quite got that one"
6 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Is __ Manly?
"*triggered*"
13 hours ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Is __ Manly?
"No"
14 hours ago
Michael J. K. commented on thehuhman's group Men Over 50
"Hey I am doing great for 54"
15 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Is __ Manly?
"Will you give me extra barbecue sauce?"
15 hours ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Is __ Manly?
"Come help me move my couch."
16 hours ago
AngstBear joined Lightbringer's group
Thumbnail

Martial Artists

For martial artists of all stripes, Eastern, Western, or in between.
16 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service