I'm really glad that the recent Bond movies seem to be going back to basics and are moving away from the campy stuff of previous Bond incarnations. 

Bond is still high tech, but it's his wits and skills that get him out of most situations, and that's great. 

But I have to admit, I miss the gadgets and the scenes in Q branch that show them testing weapons and gadgets that are borderline absurd.  And I miss Bond being issued a gadget that is meant for one purpose, only to have him find a completely different use for it. 

Anyone with me on this or am I just grasping on to something from the Bond movies of my youth that really needed to go away? 

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

I like the gadgets but it got to be a bit much for me in the Brosnan era.  Too much of a focus on the gadgets and too out there (invisible car).  I wouldn't mind seeing a few in the next movie though as long as it was done well and served a limited purpose.

RSS

Latest Activity

Max commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

The New Lexus RX SUV

"I was gonna say it looks like a mini van.. guess station wagon works too. "
10 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"I like a comment one person made: "Trimegistus • 8 months ago This article has the whiff of 9th grade girls sniping about each other. Not RoK's finest hour.""
14 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"No.  Its a reply to Gray's really weird-ass "John Wayne is dead", "right-wing sex tape" post ... the only post here that made me think maybe ROK had a point. JB"
16 minutes ago
Cameron Leslie updated their profile
17 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"Did a post get deleted here."
23 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. JB"
28 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to Augustin's discussion AoM is "Is Poisoning The Concept Of Masculinity"
"Yeah, you're real sorry for the imagery, which is why you typed it up and hit the "add reply" button.  Per the site rules, keep politics (including your bizarre sexual fantasies about right-wing talking heads) off the main forum."
33 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

The New Lexus RX SUV

"This is a station wagon. That is an SUV. Learn the difference."
35 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service