Information

Men with Beards

For men with beards to show and share the great life of having a beard. Can there be anything more manly than a beard?

Members: 523
Latest Activity: on Thursday

Discussion Forum

Civil War Beards

Started by David Xtra. Last reply by David Xtra May 16. 5 Replies

Beard trends through history

Started by Gary J. Last reply by kkbrew Apr 17. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Men with Beards to add comments!

Comment by Larry Boettcher on February 27, 2014 at 5:34pm
I have a good tip for those of us who use, or want to use beard wax. You hair blow drier is your friend. Use it to soften was before you apply it. If you find you have clumps of wax that are difficult to work into you beard, use the blow drier on you beard to soften the wax so you can work with it more easily.
Comment by An Idle Dad on February 27, 2014 at 5:16pm

Interesting. I have some beard oil, but it isn't really cutting the mustard. By the end of the day, my beard has gone rogue. I've looked around and seen beard balm and beard wax. Wax seems overkill (but I may give it a try) and beard balm is promoted as the middle ground between oil and wax - anyone have a good beard balm suggestion? Or advice?

Comment by Kurt on February 27, 2014 at 4:56pm

Thanks Gary. Let's see what happens!!

Comment by Gary J on February 27, 2014 at 10:26am

Kurt, if you can still see clumps of white wax, you need to work it in more.  Use the comb side of the brush to work it onto the full length of the hair and get it deeper into your moustache and beard.  

Comment by Kurt on February 27, 2014 at 1:11am

Does anyone know how to apply beard wax? I brought some stuff from CVS called Clubman. I thought it would make my beard look sexy, you know, sculpted, thicker and keep the whiskers from sticking up. All it did was make my face look like I have dried snot on my beard, like it's winter and my nose is running. How do you apply this stuff? What's it's supposed to look like and do? Not at all what I expected. Thanks guys.

Comment by Brown Fox on February 11, 2014 at 5:36pm

I played Lazar Wolfe, but that show closed in August. And my beard was absolutely leonine back then.

Comment by Nate Thallas on February 11, 2014 at 5:28pm

Brown Fox- Aren't you playing Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof? How can you have Tevya without an awesome beard?! And Chuck, that looks awesome. It actually makes you look younger, for some odd reason.

Comment by Brown Fox on February 11, 2014 at 5:21pm

Well, my director wants me to loose the beard and it hasn't been above freezing for a month. The show goes up the end of March. I'm hoping for an early spring.

Comment by Andrew on February 11, 2014 at 1:15pm
Awesome beard Chuck!
Comment by Ian Wilson on February 11, 2014 at 12:21pm

it looks awesome Chuck.

Members (523)

Latest Activity

Rahul Roy joined Jason Rup's group
Thumbnail

Country Life & Self Sufficiency

Do you live (or want to live) on a farm/acreage/ranch? Are you interested in the country life, homesteading, back to basics, self-sufficiency, rural values?Then this group is for you.See More
1 hour ago
Carl Monster left a comment for Rahul Roy
"Thanks for the friend add!"
1 hour ago
Al C updated their profile
1 hour ago
Al C joined Charlie Kondek's group
Thumbnail

Media: PR, journos, bloggers and everything in between

Are you in PR, marketing or marcom? Are you a journalist, blogger or freelancer? The purpose of this group is to get those folks together. The founder is in PR and regularly pitches to bloggers but writes himself. Let's get together and share opps.
1 hour ago
Al C replied to Al C's discussion Getting the most out of day to day life
"Hi Demetri, Thanks for the comment.  Is this (essentially time management, busy-ness, stress etc) something which plays on your mind?  If so I would greatly appreciate talking to you for my interview. Al "
1 hour ago
Al C replied to Al C's discussion Getting the most out of day to day life
"I appreciate the comments Curtis.  My focus is on the 24 hours of time that we have ticking away, and you're referring more to the nature of male relationships and speaking openly.  I must admit that I love your perspective and will…"
1 hour ago
Ryan James left a comment for Herb Munson
"Thanks Herb, looking forward to diving in to the Great Debate! "
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to John Muir's discussion A Time To Kill in the group The Great Debate
"Yes, my pointbeeing... The principles one has arent worth anything until he has proven to stick to them when they clash with reality. So holding up untested principles is just moral masturbation."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service