Men with Beards

For men with beards to show and share the great life of having a beard. Can there be anything more manly than a beard?

Members: 587
Latest Activity: yesterday

Discussion Forum

Movember or No-Shave November?

Started by Kyle Miller. Last reply by Doug B on Wednesday. 4 Replies

Beard Pacifier (humorous)

Started by Mongoose. Last reply by David Xtra Sep 7. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of Men with Beards to add comments!

Comment by Juan Ramirez on July 11, 2015 at 12:58pm

Hi, I've been growing out my beard for a month now and I plan to let it grow for another 2 months. I'm really excited to see the results. 

Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 1:24pm

Eh, my goal isn't really a goal. I lost my precious (braun shaver) and my beard trimmy thingy, so I figured I'd let my beard grow out for a bit.

However, my goal is to decrease my unattractiveness. I sincerely doubt I would look more attractive with a long beard. I will be scampering over to a beardy guy next month to trim and shape it before international competition.

Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 1:20pm
Different hair textures often require different treatment, and the requirements can change based on environmental conditions. Length, too.

OldSchool, welcome to the group! It is nice to make your acquaintance.
Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 12:54pm
Length helps. Longer fur will still be coarse, but will become more manageable over time as it learns to go into the right directions. Congratulations, you're in one of several awkward stages of growth!

As for conditioning, there are myriad beard oils on the market, most comprised of a carrier oil with essential oils added for specific effects. My beard responds well to the offerings by Roughneck Beard, and I have been using their stuff for about a year.

But, to get you started quickly and cheaply I'll offer another suggestion. Go in your kitchen, look in the cupboard, and grab either coconut or extra virgin olive oil. Place a few drops on your palms, and rub your hands together to warm the oil. Then, apply it into your beard. The idea is not to make your beard oily, but to let the small amount absorb. It is a leave in conditioner. And, a majority of commercial beard oils use one of those two food oils as the base carrier oil, so you'll receive many of the benefits at significantly lower cost.

What is your intention? If it is to grow a long beard, like mine, do not trim anything more than individual unruly hairs. Keep it neat, but don't cut it off. Additional growth is required to get through the awkward stages.
Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 9:34am

Now that I've let my beard grow out a bit (individual hairs are between 1.5 and 2 inches), I have been pondering how to condition it. It certainly has a different texture than my standard fur. Much coarser even than my arm, chest, or stomach fur. Not sure my standard fur conditioner is sufficient. Also, don't know how to keep it from being unruly. I may just cut it all short again.

Comment by kkbrew on May 25, 2015 at 10:35pm

Hey All,

I've been a member here for over a year, but I've not commented much. I followed a link I got in my email that a comment had recently been made in this discussion, so I thought I'd check it out. I couldn't find the comment, but when I got here I did see that the pic I had uploaded was from when I first started growing my beard. So, given the group here, I had to upload a more recent pic to show that I do actually have a beard, not just stubble as in the previous pic (not that there's anything wrong with stubble, right?). LOL 

Hope you're all bearding strong and having a good 2015. I'll have to check in here more often, but we don't seem to have a lot of activity in the group overall. I wonder why that is. Your thoughts?

Comment by SirBrad on May 18, 2015 at 9:28am
Well, chest hair really is up to the individual. I cannot grow chest hair so I'm stuff as Ryan gosling hahahaha
Comment by Mongoose on March 12, 2015 at 12:07pm

K. So what's the ideal beard length (if any) to attract the fairer sex? Is it like gut fur?

Comment by Clay on February 17, 2015 at 9:35am

Welcome Dustin, good to have you! Sounds like you have quiet an impressive beard going.

Comment by Dustin L. Hill on February 10, 2015 at 12:36pm

Hello all!  I just joined, just wanted to say hi.  I've been growing a full beard for a few years now, it's about 12" long from bottom lip down. 

Members (587)

Latest Activity

Naveen replied to Naveen's discussion I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?
"You think I am trolling? Why? Cant anybody relate? Who hadnt a grandfather who has been in WWII and had great stories. MAny man have a longing for such an archaic experience, hence all the articles such as stand your perimeter etc. I mean it, i hope…"
5 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Johann S.'s discussion "The Fear of Having a Son"
"Since it's no longer behind the NYTimes paywall, I finally perused the column. What I read was that the academician who wrote the article really appears not to understand manliness.  For one thing, he doesn't understand that it is…"
43 minutes ago
Native Son replied to John Smith's discussion Home Organization? I need help!
"It's like the ADD treatment Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) said his father used. "PAY ATTENTION!""
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Naveen's discussion I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?
"+2 "
1 hour ago
Sir replied to Naveen's discussion I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?
"What an unusual issue. There are people with unusual issues, but I'd hate to write out a detailed post and find out my leg is being pulled. Hm."
2 hours ago
Naveen posted a discussion

I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?

Hey Guys,I have a dilemma. I want to join the military or the police but I cant because I have an extremely bad cv, been in psychiatry, 27 years old. But I cannot get past that. I have this strong feeling,that I have to be in War or similar Situations one time in my life, or this longing for fighting and manliness cannot be fulfilled in other professions.  The way I see it, there arent any alternatives, but I cannot let go either, I have tried for months. I had already crazy ideas, like joining…See More
2 hours ago
Suburban Sentinel replied to John Smith's discussion Home Organization? I need help!
"A book that really helped me was "The Power of Now" by Eckhard Tolle. It's a bit "out there" for a nuts and bolts science guy like me. But I figured what the hell, and I can't argue with the results. There's also a…"
4 hours ago
Kaiger Pufflehugs IV added a discussion to the group Out to Build Bridges

This week (23-29th Oct) is Asexual Awareness Week 2016!

Asexuality is a sexual orientation, meaning that a person doesn’t experience sexual attraction to anyone of any gender. This is distinct from romantic orientations - Sexual attraction being who you want to have sex with and romantic attraction being who you would like to date. Asexual people are sometimes referred to as “aces”, although there are many labels and varied terminology within the asexual spectrum. What asexuality isA unique sexual orientation - Just like gay, straight, and bisexual,…See More
4 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service