Men with Beards

For men with beards to show and share the great life of having a beard. Can there be anything more manly than a beard?

Members: 572
Latest Activity: 9 hours ago

Discussion Forum

Beard Balm Review: Honest Amish Original

Started by Mongoose. Last reply by Mongoose Sep 22. 1 Reply

Multi Colored Beard

Started by Larry Boettcher. Last reply by Anders Kanten Aug 27. 16 Replies

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of Men with Beards to add comments!

Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 1:24pm

Eh, my goal isn't really a goal. I lost my precious (braun shaver) and my beard trimmy thingy, so I figured I'd let my beard grow out for a bit.

However, my goal is to decrease my unattractiveness. I sincerely doubt I would look more attractive with a long beard. I will be scampering over to a beardy guy next month to trim and shape it before international competition.

Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 1:20pm
Different hair textures often require different treatment, and the requirements can change based on environmental conditions. Length, too.

OldSchool, welcome to the group! It is nice to make your acquaintance.
Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 12:54pm
Length helps. Longer fur will still be coarse, but will become more manageable over time as it learns to go into the right directions. Congratulations, you're in one of several awkward stages of growth!

As for conditioning, there are myriad beard oils on the market, most comprised of a carrier oil with essential oils added for specific effects. My beard responds well to the offerings by Roughneck Beard, and I have been using their stuff for about a year.

But, to get you started quickly and cheaply I'll offer another suggestion. Go in your kitchen, look in the cupboard, and grab either coconut or extra virgin olive oil. Place a few drops on your palms, and rub your hands together to warm the oil. Then, apply it into your beard. The idea is not to make your beard oily, but to let the small amount absorb. It is a leave in conditioner. And, a majority of commercial beard oils use one of those two food oils as the base carrier oil, so you'll receive many of the benefits at significantly lower cost.

What is your intention? If it is to grow a long beard, like mine, do not trim anything more than individual unruly hairs. Keep it neat, but don't cut it off. Additional growth is required to get through the awkward stages.
Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 9:34am

Now that I've let my beard grow out a bit (individual hairs are between 1.5 and 2 inches), I have been pondering how to condition it. It certainly has a different texture than my standard fur. Much coarser even than my arm, chest, or stomach fur. Not sure my standard fur conditioner is sufficient. Also, don't know how to keep it from being unruly. I may just cut it all short again.

Comment by kkbrew on May 25, 2015 at 10:35pm

Hey All,

I've been a member here for over a year, but I've not commented much. I followed a link I got in my email that a comment had recently been made in this discussion, so I thought I'd check it out. I couldn't find the comment, but when I got here I did see that the pic I had uploaded was from when I first started growing my beard. So, given the group here, I had to upload a more recent pic to show that I do actually have a beard, not just stubble as in the previous pic (not that there's anything wrong with stubble, right?). LOL 

Hope you're all bearding strong and having a good 2015. I'll have to check in here more often, but we don't seem to have a lot of activity in the group overall. I wonder why that is. Your thoughts?

Comment by SirBrad on May 18, 2015 at 9:28am
Well, chest hair really is up to the individual. I cannot grow chest hair so I'm stuff as Ryan gosling hahahaha
Comment by Mongoose on March 12, 2015 at 12:07pm

K. So what's the ideal beard length (if any) to attract the fairer sex? Is it like gut fur?

Comment by Clay on February 17, 2015 at 9:35am

Welcome Dustin, good to have you! Sounds like you have quiet an impressive beard going.

Comment by Dustin L. Hill on February 10, 2015 at 12:36pm

Hello all!  I just joined, just wanted to say hi.  I've been growing a full beard for a few years now, it's about 12" long from bottom lip down. 

Comment by Clay on January 10, 2015 at 2:55pm

Thanks Brian and Rusty, yes first full beard and yes that was my thought too...May as well give it a try.

Members (572)

Latest Activity

Michael Martin replied to Specs's discussion Thanksgiving 2015. What are your plans?
"We have a big ole Thanksgiving at my house each year. With all my family we usually have about 20 people here. Love to see my grandkids get so excited when they see the turkey and all the trimmings. Great time to be together as a family!"
33 minutes ago
Cecil replied to Mongoose's discussion Glitter Beards, the New Trend!!!
"It just looks like a one off thing some blokes would do just for a laugh. Buzzfeed is just making a big deal out of it. "
43 minutes ago
Brother Joseph replied to Specs's discussion Thanksgiving 2015. What are your plans?
"Football in the morning then I'll be throwing my turkey on the smoker for several hours. Then off to my folks for the usual spread and the Green Bay football game."
1 hour ago
Ben D replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"A bar, totally cool, but out and about in an area where you don't know the humor of the people around you, I'd say limit it to a well timed that's what she said at best.  Even that can ruffle feathers.  As far as around your…"
1 hour ago
Liam Strain replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"During sex. "
2 hours ago
Nick H replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"Bond was a man of action, not words. His crass were via his gestures like this little love tap here."
2 hours ago
Jeff Gortney replied to Brother Joseph's discussion Getting Set Up in the group The Manly Art of Amateur (Ham) Radio
"Brother Joseph, First off Good luck on the test.  First off, I am assuming you are going to get your technician license.  The most popular bands in Amateur Radio are 2 Meters and 70 CM.  I was licensed back in 1996 when I was a…"
2 hours ago
Nick H replied to Mongoose's discussion Glitter Beards, the New Trend!!!
"Hopefully it will catch on, then the guys who do it will get bored of it and have to shave off their beards to get rid if it, then maybe we'll see the end of metrosexual beards. I think there should be a cop with an axe, log, and razor. He…"
2 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service