Information

Men with Beards

For men with beards to show and share the great life of having a beard. Can there be anything more manly than a beard?

Members: 582
Latest Activity: Apr 20

Discussion Forum

Beard Pacifier (humorous)

Started by Mongoose. Last reply by Dean Roberts Apr 18. 1 Reply

Help Me Choose the Best Style

Started by Nathaniel. Last reply by Nathaniel Mar 19. 11 Replies

Let's Hear it for the Boys!!

Started by David Xtra. Last reply by Nathaniel Mar 19. 13 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Men with Beards to add comments!

Comment by Fred S Davenport, Jr on September 21, 2015 at 5:24pm

Looks great, Kyle. I think bringing it back is a great idea, as it suits you well.

Comment by Kyle Triplett on September 21, 2015 at 2:29pm

Here's my beard from earlier this year. It's currently much shorter, but I'm thinking I'll bring it back this fall/winter. 

Comment by Chuck Knight on July 25, 2015 at 10:17pm

My favorite is Roughneck products, but we each have to find what works for our unique needs.

Heck, I started off using olive oil, straight from the grocery store.  It worked great, though the commercial beard oils work better for me.

Comment by Chuck Knight on July 25, 2015 at 3:57pm

Is there anything that feels better than a 2 mile run, at the park, shirtless, with my beard flowing in the breeze?

Comment by Clay on July 13, 2015 at 2:56pm

Looks good Juan, keep up the good work!

Comment by Juan Ramirez on July 11, 2015 at 12:58pm

Hi, I've been growing out my beard for a month now and I plan to let it grow for another 2 months. I'm really excited to see the results. 

Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 1:24pm

Eh, my goal isn't really a goal. I lost my precious (braun shaver) and my beard trimmy thingy, so I figured I'd let my beard grow out for a bit.

However, my goal is to decrease my unattractiveness. I sincerely doubt I would look more attractive with a long beard. I will be scampering over to a beardy guy next month to trim and shape it before international competition.

Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 1:20pm
Different hair textures often require different treatment, and the requirements can change based on environmental conditions. Length, too.

OldSchool, welcome to the group! It is nice to make your acquaintance.
Comment by Chuck Knight on May 26, 2015 at 12:54pm
Length helps. Longer fur will still be coarse, but will become more manageable over time as it learns to go into the right directions. Congratulations, you're in one of several awkward stages of growth!

As for conditioning, there are myriad beard oils on the market, most comprised of a carrier oil with essential oils added for specific effects. My beard responds well to the offerings by Roughneck Beard, and I have been using their stuff for about a year.

But, to get you started quickly and cheaply I'll offer another suggestion. Go in your kitchen, look in the cupboard, and grab either coconut or extra virgin olive oil. Place a few drops on your palms, and rub your hands together to warm the oil. Then, apply it into your beard. The idea is not to make your beard oily, but to let the small amount absorb. It is a leave in conditioner. And, a majority of commercial beard oils use one of those two food oils as the base carrier oil, so you'll receive many of the benefits at significantly lower cost.

What is your intention? If it is to grow a long beard, like mine, do not trim anything more than individual unruly hairs. Keep it neat, but don't cut it off. Additional growth is required to get through the awkward stages.
Comment by Mongoose on May 26, 2015 at 9:34am

Now that I've let my beard grow out a bit (individual hairs are between 1.5 and 2 inches), I have been pondering how to condition it. It certainly has a different texture than my standard fur. Much coarser even than my arm, chest, or stomach fur. Not sure my standard fur conditioner is sufficient. Also, don't know how to keep it from being unruly. I may just cut it all short again.

Members (581)

Latest Activity

J. D. left a comment for Kevin Morris
"Got the friend request.  Yeah I saw what happened and it wasn't hard to piece together the rest.  Send me a private note on here some time and let me know how things are going.  My Dad passed away two weeks ago today, so…"
39 seconds ago
Alexander updated their profile
41 minutes ago
Mongoose replied to David F.'s discussion How does one settle one’s mind from how life worked out vs how you thought it would go?
"Oh, incidentally, all humans have what I call "Situational Disability." For instance, for most humans, when the power goes out at night, they are visually disabled if they have no candles or light sources. On the other hand, naked mole…"
47 minutes ago
Mongoose replied to David F.'s discussion How does one settle one’s mind from how life worked out vs how you thought it would go?
"David, to clarify, a person can be diagnosed with a learning disability at any age: A learning disability is any processing difference which impacts learning. I suspect the issue is that you are relying on the school system to determine if there is…"
57 minutes ago
Profile Iconlaconica_brevitas, Veofolnir, Marwan El Hassan and 16 more joined Art of Manliness
1 hour ago
David F. replied to SB's discussion What is success?
"Not relishing interaction is part of depression and a few other things.  The question leads into what hobbies do you have or thought of doing in the past? Why the Puget Sound house?  What is it about that place that made you buy…"
1 hour ago
David F. replied to SB's discussion What is success?
"A good book I have been working through is "Spontaneous Happiness" by Dr. Wiel   I see it as the workhorse who got to the top of the hill you where told to do and you did which is fantastic.  But we don't know how to…"
1 hour ago
David F. replied to David F.'s discussion How does one settle one’s mind from how life worked out vs how you thought it would go?
"Thanks. Head space seems to be the largest issue I have.  We are in a better place then most of the USA but it still feels off / not enough /  a trap ?  Not really sure the words. Perhaps it is from growing up in the 80s & 90s and…"
1 hour ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service