Information

Audiophiles: Vinyl Appreciation

For those of us who prefer anolog, hi-fi sound reproduction over digital

Members: 49
Latest Activity: yesterday

Discussion Forum

Not just 78s

Started by Marshall L. Lilly. Last reply by Regular Joe Jun 2. 10 Replies

I love vinyl, but not just because I like hunting down lost treasures. Most of my vinyl collection consists of stuff less than 10 years old. I'm 29 and more of an 'indie' fan than anything else. Most…Continue

What's in heavy rotation (no pun intended) on your turntable right now?

Started by CWHale. Last reply by Matt Hansen Oct 11, 2012. 5 Replies

I've got a mix of everything...Lazy Lester, The Stones (Some Girls), Skynyrd (Second Helping), ZZ Top (Fandango) and Elton John (Honky Chateau). What about the rest of you?Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Audiophiles: Vinyl Appreciation to add comments!

Comment by Regular Joe on June 2, 2014 at 11:01am

I used to be a DJ and co-founded an indie electronic music label that pressed its own records. 

Comment by Jose Peterson on January 10, 2013 at 12:01am

Hello, i'm new to the group.  I've collected 2k+ in viny.  I love the sound, the feel.  I purchase new and old vinly. My girlfriend got me 500 records for Christmas.  I'm still going through the trenches on that one.

Comment by Justin on March 10, 2011 at 9:27pm
I have well over 100 pieces of vinyl mostly country music and Elvis records I've inherited from my parents and grandma respectively. I am building it up week by week..with whatever extra I have to spend. My preference for new vinyl..metal and punk music however.
Comment by Kevin Donovan on December 2, 2010 at 3:39pm
I'm listening to all kinds of vinyl again. I'm sure I have 300 Lps
Comment by Bob Kelly on June 27, 2010 at 11:42pm
found a big joe turner 78 from 1938. piney brown blues bw/627 stomp
Comment by Scott L Ferrell on June 4, 2010 at 9:56am
just bought a Dizzy Gillispe album at an estate sale for 1.00, I think it is from 1959.
Comment by Bob Kelly on June 1, 2010 at 1:13pm
and we welcome moe
Comment by Bob Kelly on May 28, 2010 at 3:57pm
no prblem, i love the blues. blues on vinyl, even cooler. and thank you for joining here!
Comment by CWHale on May 28, 2010 at 3:44pm
Cool group. And thanks for joining the blues group...
Comment by Scott L Ferrell on May 25, 2010 at 8:41am
Hello, my name is Scott. I have over 200 lps in my collection. I just bought a 1957 Magnovox "portable" record player. I put quote marks around portable because the thing weighs about 50 lbs. I played a Patti Page record on it and it has an incredible sound.

Members (49)

Latest Activity

Carl Monster replied to PSharikov's discussion Anyone else sick to death of MANLY-discussions?
"I missed the memo on this tradition of male messing with each other long ago, women don't do that sort of thing. I know now I've probably deep-sixed more than a few developing friendships because of misinterpreting that. Oh well."
33 minutes ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Will's discussion Is it manly to own a cat?
"+1 My cat owns the foot stool. If you sit on it, he will actually stare at your soul until you move."
47 minutes ago
Williamssen replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"I used to feel this way…. Then I got my PBA Card….. Now they aint so bad."
53 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Will's discussion Is it manly to own a cat?
"My cat kills something about 3 times a month and parades through my house with it's headless body, so I don't think it diminishes the ambient manliness of the house"
59 minutes ago
Bob Brower replied to Will's discussion Is XY manly?
"I think you mis-spelled Walter Mon-dull , one of the sadist , shameful, excuse of a man ever . using the examples above XX hands down ."
1 hour ago
Augustin replied to Pale Horse's discussion Are Communist Cats Manly?
"I'm all up for the equal distribution of cheezburgers "
1 hour ago
Will replied to Will's discussion Is XY manly?
"Can't get one past you!"
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Are Communist Cats Manly?
"Chairman Meow will live forever."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service