Information

AoM PhotoGroup

Alright, all of you budding and seasoned photographers out there. Here's your official AoM Group. Let's do ourselves proud, by becoming the largest group here!

Members: 599
Latest Activity: on Wednesday

Discussion Forum

your best photos

Started by Kevin Nyborg. Last reply by Mike S. Jun 4. 289 Replies

post some of your best

Recommendations on travel camera

Started by Ron Bailey. Last reply by Jacob Allison Nov 6, 2013. 11 Replies

My wife and I are going to China in the fall and we don't want to lug DSLRs and lenses and I don't want to take my Leica film gear on the trip. We both want to upgrade our digital point and shoots.…Continue

Would-be photographer seeks honest feedback.

Started by Victor. Last reply by Victor Aug 28, 2013. 10 Replies

I'd like anyone with knowledge and experience in photography to give me feedback about the quality of this photograph.  I'm asking a lot but if you could grade it (A, A-, B+, etc.) and tell me what I…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of AoM PhotoGroup to add comments!

Comment by thehuhman on May 30, 2009 at 5:23pm
That sounds like a fun job!
Comment by Bob Carpenter on May 30, 2009 at 4:57pm
Just take photos and write about them. I've had a lot of trucks in the past when I did a classic truck magazine. But no big diesel in my driveway.
Comment by thehuhman on May 30, 2009 at 4:49pm
Wow, Bob. Nice photo. Do you build 'em, drive 'em or take pictures of 'em?
Comment by Bob Carpenter on May 30, 2009 at 4:14pm
Just thought I'd throw out a photo...this is what I do for a living.

Comment by thehuhman on May 27, 2009 at 7:54am
Excellent suggestions, Nick. And thanks for your offer to help. (I may need to take you up on that eventually). I've pretty much got it ready to roll, but have had so much on MY own "9 to 6 list", that It's been difficult to give this contest the attention it deserves. Stay tuned though. The guidelines will be posted (and emailed to you) TODAY! I think you're all going to like it... at least I hope you will!
Comment by Nick Rozhdestvensky on May 27, 2009 at 1:52am
Hi Bruce,
sorry i've been silent recently, got lots of my 9 to 6 tasks to do!
1. Access to the contest - i agree with you that there should be no limits for other AoM members to enter! However you might think of some limits - how many pics submitted per person.
2. I think you shoud make categories within the contest - Portraits, Kids, Still Life, Fashion, Art\Conceptual etc. The idea here is that for example portraits and still life pics should be judged separately. One should not compare people and nature photography against each other, it's just wrong:) If you make categories you can also set the rule that one person can submit only one pic per category. Otherwise there will be just too many pics, don't you think?
3. Technically i would have made a separate profile for the contest (like the person's profile) with slideshows. Is there a voting widget on AoM by the way? How do we count votes?

Let me know if you need any help with the contest!
Nick
Comment by Michael J. Austin on May 26, 2009 at 3:40pm
Looking forward to seeing tons of pictures from Germany Cooper and CONGRATS on your first camera ... WAY COOL of your Grandmother !!!!!!!!!!!
Comment by Cooper M on May 26, 2009 at 3:36pm
Hi everyone. Well, I just received my first camera as a gift from my grandma, a brand new Canon 500d.
So far I really like photography but I don't have any pictures I'm proud enough of to post up yet. In two weeks I am going to Germany for a month and plan on taking a lot of pictures. I make sure to put the best in here when I get back.
Comment by Michael J. Austin on May 26, 2009 at 2:33pm
I've got some wild flowers in the front of the woods across the street from me that were begging for a photo op ...

Comment by thehuhman on May 26, 2009 at 7:38am
Thanks Mike. Thats' what I need... everyone's "two cents"!

Members (599)

Latest Activity

Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
30 minutes ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
41 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
2 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
2 hours ago
Will commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Oh, come now, Max, surely you don't believe in tides!"
2 hours ago
Davis replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Thanks, but I've been there and everything checks out fine."
2 hours ago
John replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"go to my page, my settings, and then there are settings for email.  i think thats where you control it."
2 hours ago
Specs&Beard posted a photo

jmwp1

New Glasses.
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service