Before my dad passed away, he gave me a bunch of old cameras. All kinds... snapshot, movie, 35mm... you name it. And all brands: Kodak, Polaroid, Bell Howell, etc. Some are in pretty good shape, and I've looked them up on Ebay. But they really don't fetch much of a price. I mean most are like $20.00 or $30.00... nothing I'd get excited about. Is there another place where I can find out what these antiques are worth? They are in good condition.

I appreciate any suggestions.


NOTE: THE CAMERAS SHOWN HERE ARE JUST FOR ILLUSTRATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED AS MY ACTUAL EQUIPMENT.

Views: 8826

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I've joined a couple of other forums on old cameras before I bought mine (Polaroid 360 Land Camera), and the general consensus is that even in good working order, between $20.00 and $30.00 is a fair price. Mostly because folks can still buy them at yard sales for a buck or two. Now having said that, sometimes you might have something that someone REALLY wants, and they'll bid pretty high on eBay for it. I saw a couple of lenses go for $90.00 when the week prior I bought two of them for $9.99. I'd say ebay or even a little antique store/camera shop would be able to tell you what you can expect to get for them.

By the way, if you happen to have a Polaroid Close-Up kit #583A, send me an email. :-)
Craig Wheeler said:
Well, I've joined a couple of other forums on old cameras before I bought mine (Polaroid 360 Land Camera), and the general consensus is that even in good working order, between $20.00 and $30.00 is a fair price. Mostly because folks can still buy them at yard sales for a buck or two. Now having said that, sometimes you might have something that someone REALLY wants, and they'll bid pretty high on eBay for it. I saw a couple of lenses go for $90.00 when the week prior I bought two of them for $9.99. I'd say ebay or even a little antique store/camera shop would be able to tell you what you can expect to get for them.

By the way, if you happen to have a Polaroid Close-Up kit #583A, send me an email. :-)

Thanks Craig, for the reply. That was helpful. As for the Polaroid Close-up kit; I am pretty sure I don't have anything like that. It's just cameras... (some have their cases, and a couple flash attachments, but no extra lenses or accessories.) Sorry. Looks like you'll have to hit Ebay... Good luck!
Yeah, from what I've seen, there's no real market for old cameras. I was trying to sell my medium format Mamiya RB67 and I heard crickets....so, I've decided to put it on my desk as a display...along with an old radio, and maybe I'll find an old typewriter too...
Bob Carpenter said:
Yeah, from what I've seen, there's no real market for old cameras. I was trying to sell my medium format Mamiya RB67 and I heard crickets....so, I've decided to put it on my desk as a display...along with an old radio, and maybe I'll find an old typewriter too...

That's what I did with my old "original" Mac. And on that shelf is where it's going to stay. Wonder how the old cameras would look there. Hmmmm.
I think that Brownie Hawkeye should be around 50 or more...
And if that Hasselbad at the bottom is in fact one of yours, well, those things can fetch quite a bit of money... Like around 1 or 2 grand.
The second photo, the TLR, should be pretty valuable too, like 100-200.

As for the polaroids, I'm not so sure, since they stopped making film for them, they might not be as valuable as before.
George R said:
I think that Brownie Hawkeye should be around 50 or more...
And if that Hasselbad at the bottom is in fact one of yours, well, those things can fetch quite a bit of money... Like around 1 or 2 grand.
The second photo, the TLR, should be pretty valuable too, like 100-200.

As for the polaroids, I'm not so sure, since they stopped making film for them, they might not be as valuable as before.

No, George, The Hasselbad isn't mine. I just threw some random shots up to represent the types... not meant to be the actual item. I do have a couple of those boxy "Rolie" type, but they are in in bad shape.
Can you post photos of the cameras?

If any of the "BOX" cameras are what I think they are, and if I'm right in thinking you are looking to sell them, I may be interested.
James. Sorry. I found a buyer. He bought the whole bunch of 'em. I probably got screwed, but I needed the money. :-(
well box cameras in general don't go for much unless you have a rare one, or one with a Ziess Ikon name on it. So chances are you may have done pretty good.
I have an old kodak brownie from the 1930's, I've been wondering what it's worth.
Probably not a lot since there isn't a whole big demand for film cameras anymore. I have a couple of old ones that I inherited and one Speed Graphic press camera that was given to me. I'd say the Speed Graphic is probably the most valuable. I even got a book on how to use the thing. It'll probably end up as a display piece someday.
I still own my Yashica 635 (used 120/35 films), couple of Mamiya RB67, Nikon F, Pentax, 8mm Bolex, 8mm Canon, JVC VHS, and couple of Studio Video cameras...

My problem is I never ever thought of selling older models to acquire newer equipment. I am now wondering what's going to happen to all the 'old junk' since now of my children are interested in photography.

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Another Brick in the Wall in the group The Great Debate
"Prototypes going up in June."
1 hour ago
Pale Horse added a discussion to the group The Great Debate
Thumbnail

Another Brick in the Wall

A thread to discuss anything related to the building and/or concept of a southern US border wall. I'll start:Cruz proposes using funds from El Chapo and other drug money. I still want Mexico to pony up some of the money, but I do like this plan, at face value. See More
1 hour ago
Sir replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"Looks pretty good.  My comments stand, but it's still great to see a pol do what he said he would."
1 hour ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"This might work. I spent a night going through his 100 day action plan, and all his actions. Like I said, 16/18 items on his list have been completed. One is in the process, one found a better deal, and one has been recently supplanted by a…"
4 hours ago
Sir replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"I was thinking of this in reading someone's report on his first 100 days.  It was a friendly report, but it amounted to 3 parts: * Actions Trump took without regard to whether they actually worked * Good things that happened that we'd…"
5 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"I think most Presidents are surprised at how little power they have, and how difficult it is to get things done. I recall similar stories about Obama. They were framed very differently. Where Trump is an idiot who's surprised at how hard his…"
5 hours ago
Sir replied to Conor's discussion I need help moving on, it's been six weeks now.
"Sounds like time for a shift.  Here are some ideas: * Read up on depression, or consult a professional.  Does it describe you well?  I know there are commonalities in grief and depression, but grief is situation-driven and fades (IDK…"
6 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service